If Future Trunks Somehow Revived His Z Senshi Instead Of Going Back In Time?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

If Future Trunks Somehow Revived His Z Senshi Instead Of Going Back In Time?

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 14, 2020 7:40 pm

...could the future iterations of SSJ Goku, SSJ Vegeta, Kamiccolo(Piccolo immediately merging with Kami upon revival), SSJ Gohan, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Krillin, and 16-year-old SSJ Trunks have been able take Future 17 & 18 if they fought as a team? Or would the Androids still hold an unshakeable advantage and kill the future Z Senshi?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: If Future Trunks Somehow Revived His Z Senshi Instead Of Going Back In Time?

Post by Lionel » Thu May 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Well they would all be considerably weaker than in the present timeline where they were forewarned and spent the following 3 years in intensive training. Future Trunks and Gohan had been struggling to improve themselves yet always came up short for some reason.

Considering the inferences from Gohan's reflective comments about wanting to be as strong as his father, I think a gap existed but not one that was leagues or dimensions in scale. Vegeta as an SSJ here would likely be stronger than Gohan also, albeit by a smaller margin.

If they all worked together then they might be able to take down Future #18, perhaps even her brother; provided it's only one of them against this team. Together, I can't see the twins failing absent Mafuba or Shin Kikoho shenanigans which we know won't get utilised for reasons that I suspect Toriyama himself doesn't know of. It would likely be similar to the hypothetical Zarbon/Dodoria collaboration against early Namek arc Vegeta match.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: If Future Trunks Somehow Revived His Z Senshi Instead Of Going Back In Time?

Post by Peach » Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 am

Goku died of natural causes and Vegeta was evil and didn't keep his body. It was impossible to revive either of them.

Piccolo could fuse with Kami, but there's no guarantee he could beat the Androids. They aren't the same as the present versions. They fight as a team and fight dirty. 17 wouldn't tell 18 to sit back. It would be pretty easy to overwhelm him.

You also have to take into account that these characters aren't the same as the present timeline characters. They hit their ceilings long ago. Gohan as a Super Saiyan as old as he his should be at least Perfect Cell level, if not Buu level, but he's not. The present timeline characters just have more latent potential overall. I think any of the non-Goku/Vegeta characters wouldn't be able to change anything. Nothing past Cell really exists in that world, including Super Saiyan 3.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 16, 2020 6:53 am

Peach wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 am Goku died of natural causes and Vegeta was evil and didn't keep his body. It was impossible to revive either of them.

Piccolo could fuse with Kami, but there's no guarantee he could beat the Androids. They aren't the same as the present versions. They fight as a team and fight dirty. 17 wouldn't tell 18 to sit back. It would be pretty easy to overwhelm him.

You also have to take into account that these characters aren't the same as the present timeline characters. They hit their ceilings long ago. Gohan as a Super Saiyan as old as he his should be at least Perfect Cell level, if not Buu level, but he's not. The present timeline characters just have more latent potential overall. I think any of the non-Goku/Vegeta characters wouldn't be able to change anything. Nothing past Cell really exists in that world, including Super Saiyan 3.
It depends on if Goku has been reincarnated yet.
Vegeta never kept his body but probably has been reincarnated anyway.

While they didn't get the warning to train harder Piccolo and Goku train a lot anyway so suffered the least for it. In fact with Goku gone but Vegeta around he probably trained hard because of that.

The future androids are weaker, I know this is debated but whatever. Kamiccolo is closer to canon Kamiccolo than future 17 is to present imo.

So piccolo can solo one.

Depends on when trunks managed to revive them.
And if they dragon team were training in heaven, and for how long.
Trunks said he could fight both future androids pretty well, so fighting 18 alone with help from the others?

They've got this in the bag.

In canon Goku must have already been reincarnated and Kaiosama must have refused to let them contact the namekians. Which seems super mean and harsh but there you go...

Also the androids fighting as a team is non canon anime only. 17 kills Gohan alone.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 pm

Peach wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 am Goku died of natural causes and Vegeta was evil and didn't keep his body. It was impossible to revive either of them.

The Dragonballs can revive evil characters with no problems, just look at RoF. Also, Future Vegeta was shown with his body in the afterlife in the Super Manga.

Future Gohan being as weak as he is despite all those years is simply a plot hole/bad writing.

The Future Androids are weaker than the Present ones for some reason (or maybe not, the Future Androids could have just been toying with Trunks the whole time).

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 16, 2020 2:46 pm

If I remember correctly, the Earth dragon balls can only revive groups of people that died within a year, since you specified Trunks age, then this scenario would take place in AGE 782. That is fifteen years after everyone died and two years after Gohan's death. Trunks would have to revive them one by one. I'm assuming Dende is the new god here for that to be possible.

As for whether they would succeed, it would depend if the characters kept their bodies in the afterlife and continued to train. If not, they would die again.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 pm

The Dragonballs can revive evil characters with no problems, just look at RoF. Also, Future Vegeta was shown with his body in the afterlife in the Super Manga.

Future Gohan being as weak as he is despite all those years is simply a plot hole/bad writing.

The Future Androids are weaker than the Present ones for some reason (or maybe not, the Future Androids could have just been toying with Trunks the whole time).
I couldn't care less about retcons that Dragon Ball Super makes.

I look at the Cell saga as the end of the series as far as the original idea for the future timeline goes. Gohan has a different design, a different max potential, and Majin Buu and all this other stuff that was invented by the writers years later never appeared until retcons happened.

Trunks caused a butterfly effect where Goku lived and was able to bring out Gohan's potential. Tons of characters were able to break their ceilings they otherwise wouldn't have been able to break. Including Vegeta and the Androids themselves.

SpiritBombTriumphant
Banned

Post by SpiritBombTriumphant » Sun May 17, 2020 1:54 am

I believe the Z fighters would still lose simply from seeing them lose against present #17 and #18. In the future, they were weaker, but so were the Z fighters.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Sun May 17, 2020 1:56 am

Peach wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 pm

I look at the Cell saga as the end of the series as far as the original idea for the future timeline goes. Gohan has a different design, a different max potential, and Majin Buu and all this other stuff that was invented by the writers years later never appeared until retcons happened.

Trunks caused a butterfly effect where Goku lived and was able to bring out Gohan's potential. Tons of characters were able to break their ceilings they otherwise wouldn't have been able to break. Including Vegeta and the Androids themselves.
Pure headcanon, all of that.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun May 17, 2020 2:06 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:56 am
Peach wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:38 pm

Pure headcanon, all of that.
Amazing how you dismiss something as head canon, in a thread about a head canon question. :think:

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Mon May 18, 2020 2:17 am

They wouldn't stand a chance. Gohan was the only one able to stay alive and keep fighting and 17 said he hadn't even used half his power on Gohan before he killed him. I know Trunks claimed he could fight them to an extent, but I think the above statement indicates the future androids' sadistic nature causes them to hold back quite a bit in a fight.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 18, 2020 5:30 am

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:17 am They wouldn't stand a chance. Gohan was the only one able to stay alive and keep fighting and 17 said he hadn't even used half his power on Gohan before he killed him. I know Trunks claimed he could fight them to an extent, but I think the above statement indicates the future androids' sadistic nature causes them to hold back quite a bit in a fight.
If the Future Z Senshi pulls off their M7 counterpart's strategy, they definitely ought to at least stand a chance. Even Android 13(with 14 & 15's power added to his own) got utterly overwhelmed by a Genki Dama-absorbed SSJ Goku. It would probably take a Semi Perfect Cell-tier fighter to tank such power.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Mon May 18, 2020 7:13 pm

I don't see future 17 and 18 sitting tight for that to happen though. Piccolo and Kami fusing would probably be their only real shot and I have doubts about that even. Even if he were about equal to 17 as his present counterpart, these androids won't give a fair fight.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue May 19, 2020 8:28 am

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:13 pm I don't see future 17 and 18 sitting tight for that to happen though. Piccolo and Kami fusing would probably be their only real shot and I have doubts about that even. Even if he were about equal to 17 as his present counterpart, these androids won't give a fair fight.
It all depends on how much weaker the future androids are. Piccolo will have been training in the afterlife if that was an option so not training for the androids wont be such a downside.

Trunks says he can fight both reasonably well, if the implication of this is that he can solo 18 then him and Piccolo should be enough let alone Ten's kikohos and so on.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am

That depends on if the androids were actually giving it their all against him or not. The way 17 notes they weren't even using half before they easily killed him leads me to think they weren't. I'm still not sure the future ones actually were weaker or just the present ones not interested in torturing opponents or dragging out fights for fun.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 19, 2020 7:25 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:13 pm I don't see future 17 and 18 sitting tight for that to happen though. Piccolo and Kami fusing would probably be their only real shot and I have doubts about that even. Even if he were about equal to 17 as his present counterpart, these androids won't give a fair fight.
Android 13 in his powered up state was twice as strong & fast as either 17 & 18 yet the Z Senshi managed to hold him off long enough for Goku to form the Genki Dama and then absorb it. If the team manages to pull off a proper distraction against 17 & 18, they ought to be able to succeed with the SSJ + Genki Dama combo and then blow them to pieces. I'm sure the team might suffer a casualty or two and cause collateral damage to the local populace & area but at least the Androids could be defeated.
As to what they would do once either Babidi, Beerus, or Black arrived...no strategy outside of learning new SSJ forms would allow any chance at victory.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm

Goku wouldn't be able to come back even with the namek dragonballs. Vegeta was in hell without a body so he'd be unable to train. The only shot they would have is Piccolo fusing. That even isn't likely to work.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 21, 2020 8:22 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:37 pm Goku wouldn't be able to come back even with the namek dragonballs. Vegeta was in hell without a body so he'd be unable to train. The only shot they would have is Piccolo fusing. That even isn't likely to work.
It depends on if Goku's death was "natural" since it was an acquired condition rather than something he was born with. Vegeta could also be resurrected by Porunga due to multiple wishes.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri May 22, 2020 12:58 pm

They would have used the dragonballs before the androids showed up if it could be done. Vegeta can come back but he wouldn't be any stronger.