Would Current Base Goku & Vegeta Make It Far In GT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would Current Base Goku & Vegeta Make It Far In GT?

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm

This is Base Goku after training with Merus and Base Vegeta after mastering his spirit control technique: to what extent could they make it in GT before they become overwhelmed by it's fighters? Maybe Baby Vegeta-tier? Super 17? Possibly on par with some Shadow Dragons?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Would Current Base Goku & Vegeta Make It Far In GT?

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue May 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Maybe they are not quite as strong as they were in DBGT?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:21 pm Maybe they are not quite as strong as they were in DBGT?
Are you saying that they're not on par in comparing base forms or not on par against their SSJ4 counterparts?

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 26, 2020 7:55 pm

How strong are they? We see how Goku easily dispensed with Zauyogi and the convict fusion. You don't have nearly as many feats in the manga as you do in the anime for their base strength. I think he also stood his ground against #17 initially but that was with the cyborg restraining himself so as not to kill, most likely. It can be safely said that Goku and Vegeta are leaps and bounds above the humans in base.

I guess the pair of Saiyans could handle Baby in his lesser forms? I haven't followed GT in ages. Anything more like Baby Vegeta or SSJ4 Goku and beyond might be too much.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 pm

If Godku is still a thing. Then they without any sarcasm, one shot the verse. However, if his base is just around like twice as strong as Gotenks SSJ3, then anyone before Baby gets merked and assuming Baby Vegeta is his own character and not Super Vegeta made into Baby Vegeta then they could challenge him.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed May 27, 2020 12:19 am

The anime has shown base Goku defeating FF Freeza, whose 1st form almost killed SS Gohan, that whole SS3 Gotenks thing, sparring evenly with the improved Fit Buu, and endured for a while a hakai energy to the face. I'd say he's around Buuhan-Super Vegito at the very least, closer to the latter. Which was the tier talked about when Vegeta Baby started absorbing power from others.
So, as far as the 1st chunk of DBS, I'd say in base they can force Vegeta Baby to use his final form, maybe even force him to go Golden Ohzaru.
If ontop of that we put the gains from the ToP arc, the Broly movie and the training they've been doing, and if this training lives up to the hype then they should be stomping the first 2 arcs and most of the dragons.

The manga on the other hand, never implies them having a base as strong as the anime, Future Trunks even before unleashing the full power of SS2 was overwhelming Goku in the same form. But with this last boost they should be around the highest tier of Z or more, so maybe they can put a good fight vs Vegeta Baby.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed May 27, 2020 4:34 am

I still have late GT Goku&Vegeta base forms above late DBS Goku&Vegeta base forms so they would probably beat one of Baby Vegeta's forms in base, maybe his SSJ or Super Baby 1. Not sure about Super Baby 2.

It's hard to say as both series follow completely different scaling and DBS is so inconsistent that it's sometimes hard to compare some DBS characters to other DBS characters, let alone characters from different series that is alternative version of post Buu saga events. In DBS Frieza after 4 months of training can beat base Goku, but GT Frieza after years of training gets stomped by base Goku. What does it mean? Nothing. Because Frieza in both series have completely different training potential. So yeah, because of that they could be wrecked by Rildo or stomp characters like Super 17. Impossible to make accurate calculations.
theherodjl wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:59 pm This is Base Goku after training with Merus and Base Vegeta after mastering his spirit control technique: to what extent could they make it in GT before they become overwhelmed by it's fighters? Maybe Baby Vegeta-tier? Super 17? Possibly on par with some Shadow Dragons?
Well it's obvious they would be able to beat Haze or Oceanus as they were weak enough for Pan to handle them.
Rage Shenron is hard to say. He mostly fought using his giant form and in that form he could defeat base Goku with no problem and even tank SSJ4 Kamehameha. But his base form was weak and would get stomped as well. For Naturon, his base form was a joke, but his mole form was powerful enough to stand after punched and a kick from SSJ4 Goku (and he was probably still holding back), so they wouldn't beat him in this form, let alone Pan absorbed form.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed May 27, 2020 9:49 am

theherodjl wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:21 pm Maybe they are not quite as strong as they were in DBGT?
Are you saying that they're not on par in comparing base forms or not on par against their SSJ4 counterparts?
Comparing base forms.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 27, 2020 10:10 am

GT would be a walk in the park for them. In GT, Goku and Vegeta fight with the training and power they've gained during 10 years of peach. The current Goku and Vegeta have been training by an angle and are going through one hard battle after another, on top of gaining 3+ forms each.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Are you serious lmao?

DBS base Saiyans (after BoG for the anime & after the ToP for the manga) would easily solo all of GT. Its not even a debate.

No one in GT has feats and/or statements that puts them anywhere near the high-tier nor even mid-tier fighters of Super.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Sadala Elite wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pmAre you serious lmao?
The reason this is asked is because fans think because GT takes part after Super, Goku and Vegeta are stronger. Like I mentioned above, GT was written with a peaceful decade in mind, while Super has had 7 major events in said decade up till now, with more on the way.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 1:58 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm
Sadala Elite wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:07 pmAre you serious lmao?
The reason this is asked is because fans think because GT takes part after Super, Goku and Vegeta are stronger. Like I mentioned above, GT was written with a peaceful decade in mind, while Super has had 7 major events in said decade up till now, with more on the way.
There's also the fact that Super and GT aren't even in the same continuity, so the events of BoG onward never happened in the GT verse. So its a fallacy to assume that GT characters would automatically be stronger.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed May 27, 2020 3:00 pm

Well, like I said before IMO in the anime Goku and Vegeta are more or less on the same level as themselves in the Boo arc, so I don't think they can do much in the GTverse. However, I have my doubts about how strong they are in the manga.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed May 27, 2020 4:19 pm

It's hard to say. I like to think the GT versions are stronger since characters have a decade of training over the Super characters.

I still don't know how much Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue, and all this other stuff is? Mystic Gohan with an afternoon of training and 17 keeping up just make the whole thing even more confusing.

I don't know how strong everyone's bases are either. It can't be that strong if Goku is getting scratched by bullets and having trouble wolf that Mr. Buu fought?

The Trio of Dangers seemed to imply:
1. Basil < Mr. Buu (no training)
2. Lavender = Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (no training)
3. Bergamo < Goku
4. The three together > Goku (without Vegeta's help)

Maybe Goku is weaker than we think and the fans misunderstand?

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 6:52 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:00 pm Well, like I said before IMO in the anime Goku and Vegeta are more or less on the same level as themselves in the Boo arc, so I don't think they can do much in the GTverse. However, I have my doubts about how strong they are in the manga.
There's no way (especially in the anime) after all those power boosts and Whis' training, that Goku and Vegeta's bases are only about as strong as they were in the Buu saga. Its makes absolutely no sense and there's way too many feats and statements against it.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Wed May 27, 2020 7:18 pm

You probably don't know that but IMO "Beyond God" is a thing, so probably some of these feats and statements are just signs of Beyond God in my vision.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed May 27, 2020 10:07 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:18 pm You probably don't know that but IMO "Beyond God" is a thing, so probably some of these feats and statements are just signs of Beyond God in my vision.
Saiyan Beyond God is not at all a distinct transformation, it's simply a new level of power their base forms eached. At no point in Super is "Beyond God" ever treated like a separate thing from their bases, that's just another variation of the discredited "2 base" theory.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 28, 2020 5:00 am

Sadala Elite wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:07 pmSaiyan Beyond God is not at all a distinct transformation, it's simply a new level of power their base forms eached. At no point in Super is "Beyond God" ever treated like a separate thing from their bases, that's just another variation of the discredited "2 base" theory.
Since the events of ROF weren't shown in the manga, we don't know if manga Goku & Vegeta's base forms are exactly alike their anime counterparts. If we compare things like Goku & Future Trunks' battle, Goku clearly is weaker in the manga as he needed SSJG to defeat SSJ2 Trunks.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am

But that Trunks was way stronger than a SS3.

Anyway, I don't know if Beyond God is a transformation or not. It's something that Goku and Vegeta achieved while training with Whis, something that allows then to use the power of Super Saiyan God to its fullest. They used the form for a while, then they discarded it.

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Thu May 28, 2020 11:28 am

Had they kept that power shown in RoF.... with all this training thus far... In just their base(Godly empowered) they could prob defeat Omega imo.

Their base forms atm are probably SS2 - SS3 from the Buu saga & even that's a stretch when u have so many inconsistent shit happening every arc. (Anime)

To me, it appears their base power is increasing... But just barely. Their forms, however have increased by a lot.

Maybe that's why Vegeta said they reached their limit. Prob talking about their base form... As their God forms have shown crazy increase in strength.