Tarble (and other characters) in the future timelines.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Tarble (and other characters) in the future timelines.

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 am

This has to be addressed. Because this is not simply a matter of alternate dimension where a character may or may not even exist. We are merely talking about another timeline. That said, regardless of what happened, this character is there and should have appeared at some point.

I am talking about Tarble (and as the title says, you can bring another character to the discussion. Pick one, so other members may also bring their own character and their points of view). What happened to him?

As the present timeline establishes, Tarble is supposed to appear on Earth in AGE 776, that is two years after Majin Buu saga, two years prior to Movie 14. In the future, this time frame is completely screwed up. The androids are still on rampage and seemingly only Trunks, Gohan and Bulma are alive. Tarble is supposed to be on Earth around that time, with or without the androids. But even if we assume that something "mysteriously" happened and he didn't appear in the year he was supposed to, Dragon Ball Super kind of states that an event is bound to happen one way or another, as both Dabura and Babidi still go to Earth years later than what it should have been.

By the time Future Trunks saga takes place (AGE 796), I'm pretty sure Tarble had been to Earth. But if that is the case, why didn't Trunks even mention him when he goes back to the present? Or if he didn't go to Earth at all, what do you think may have caused that? And what is your character that should have appeared in the future timeline but for some reason they are still oddly absent?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Tarble (and other characters) in the future timelines.

Post by theherodjl » Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 am

In the main timeline, Tarble apparently heard about Vegeta being alive and on Earth from the Nameks so the variations in timelines probably diverted Tarble's journey to Namek thus he didn't learn about Vegeta being alive or his location. It's also possible that Avo & Cado killed Tarble before he could escape. And its even possible that Tarble got killed before he ever got the chance to mature. Tarble was never a particularly powerful or important figure in U7 so any course that could have led him to Earth could just have easily have been altered in most other timelines and that the main timeline was the one that was just a fortunate fluke.
I would like to know Broly's fate in Trunks' future as he would be incredibly powerful just like in the main timeline and things could play out in many ways if he had been discovered.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 30, 2020 3:36 am

theherodjl wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 amTarble apparently heard about Vegeta being alive and on Earth from the Nameks so the variations in timelines probably diverted Tarble's journey to Namek thus he didn't learn about Vegeta being alive or his location.
But how did the Namekuseijins learn about what was happening on Earth? I don't know if they have the means to know what happens on Earth.
theherodjl wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 amIt's also possible that Avo & Cado killed Tarble before he could escape. And its even possible that Tarble got killed before he ever got the chance to mature.
Not possible because everything that happened up until the beginning of Cell saga is the same. That's where divergent point begins.
theherodjl wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:16 amI would like to know Broly's fate in Trunks' future as he would be incredibly powerful just like in the main timeline and things could play out in many ways if he had been discovered.
Dragon Ball Super: Broly takes place in AGE 780. In the future, that's the year of Gohan's death. Since there's no Freeza to report to, maybe those two soldiers (who found them in the present) decided to stick with the Saiyans? That's what happened in the present anyway. Though I don't think Paragus would allow them to be around.

Or, Paragus told the soldiers about what happened to them so that the soldiers can take them to Earth? If this is the case, then it's like I said, this is an event that should have happened already, around the time of Gohan's death. If those soldiers brought Paragus and Broly to Earth, they probably would kill the androids to get rid of any possible problem, and probably would have killed Trunks had they learned that he is Vegeta's son. Since their revenge was meant for King Vegeta, but they had no issues going after Vegeta instead.

Of course, it's also possible that they weren't found (by those two soldiers specifically), since that was an order given by Freeza after the divegent point. So maybe they are still on that planet. Paragus may have died by natural causes, etc.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sat May 30, 2020 4:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 30, 2020 4:09 am

Tarble and his wife probably didn't even land their ship once they saw that Earth was a barren wasteland and just went back home.

Broly and Paragus were probably never found.

Eventually they would all be killed by Zamasu.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 30, 2020 4:16 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:09 amEventually they would all be killed by Zamasu.
Yes, but there is another future timeline. One where Zamasu was killed even before starting to move (and Trunks has to live with himself). I'm considering it too.

~ Day of the Machines ~

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat May 30, 2020 4:53 am

Unless Toriyama decides to bring Tarble, Lunch, Tao and others back, I'm sorry to say this is a moot discussion.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 30, 2020 8:40 am

Broly was found because the returned Freeza had people out looking for recruits.
So they probably both die of old age. Unless someone else finds them for something else later down the line.

Tarble would have arrived looking for Vegeta, He was either killed by the androids or couldn't find any sign of vegeta and left.
He probably didn't meet Trunks. Perhaps Abo and Cado were killed by Trunks or the Androids...

I suspect he didn't meet them, if they throughly caught up and Tarble had a ship and knew where the namekians were that would change a lot. I'm assuming Tarble either left or killed having never met Trunks. It is possible they met, Trunks would see he's a pretty weak regular saiyan, like Nappa and Raditz and possibly not worth mentioning to present Vegeta.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Tarble could've been killed by the androids, saiyan landing usually are pretty striking and the androids seemed to roam the streets. I don't remember how strong he was, but I think he wasn't high Namek tier, so he should go down.

Broly could only be a thing if Freeza is a thing and his army find him.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat May 30, 2020 1:21 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:40 amTarble would have arrived looking for Vegeta, He was either killed by the androids or couldn't find any sign of vegeta and left.
He probably didn't meet Trunks. Perhaps Abo and Cado were killed by Trunks or the Androids...
In the OVA, Tarble had no problem finding them quickly. I don't know why Tarble wouldn't quickly detect Gohan and Trunks either, especially because they were training at that point. Trunks was still weak to kill anyone (I'm assuming you are referring to AGE 776 here, instead of another point in time).
TobyS wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:40 amIt is possible they met, Trunks would see he's a pretty weak regular saiyan, like Nappa and Raditz and possibly not worth mentioning to present Vegeta.
That would make Trunks a great and complete son of gun. It doesn't matter if Tarble is weak, it's his uncle, part of the family! :lol:
Koitsukai wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pm Tarble could've been killed by the androids, saiyan landing usually are pretty striking and the androids seemed to roam the streets. I don't remember how strong he was, but I think he wasn't high Namek tier, so he should go down.
I think it was said Abo and Cado were around Ginyu Force, only for Tarble later to say they had become stronger, rivaling Freeza. Long time since I watched the OVA, but I think that's what it's said. Tarble could hold them off for a while before asking for help, that would means he is probably somewhat around early or mid Freeza saga tier at best.
Koitsukai wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pmBroly could only be a thing if Freeza is a thing and his army find him.
What do you mean "Freeza being a thing"?

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:21 pm
TobyS wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:40 amTarble would have arrived looking for Vegeta, He was either killed by the androids or couldn't find any sign of vegeta and left.
In the OVA, Tarble had no problem finding them quickly. I don't know why Tarble wouldn't quickly detect Gohan and Trunks either, especially because they were training at that point. Trunks was still weak to kill anyone (I'm assuming you are referring to AGE 776 here, instead of another point in time).
TobyS wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:40 amIt is possible they met, Trunks would see he's a pretty weak regular saiyan, like Nappa and Raditz and possibly not worth mentioning to present Vegeta.
That would make Trunks a great and complete son of gun. It doesn't matter if Tarble is weak, it's his uncle, part of the family! :lol:
Koitsukai wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pm Tarble could've been killed by the androids, saiyan landing usually are pretty striking and the androids seemed to roam the streets. I don't remember how strong he was, but I think he wasn't high Namek tier, so he should go down.
I think it was said Abo and Cado were around Ginyu Force, only for Tarble later to say they had become stronger, rivaling Freeza. Long time since I watched the OVA, but I think that's what it's said. Tarble could hold them off for a while before asking for help, that would means he is probably somewhat around early or mid Freeza saga tier at best.
Koitsukai wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:10 pmBroly could only be a thing if Freeza is a thing and his army find him.
What do you mean "Freeza being a thing"?
Being revived. For a second time.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 30, 2020 3:26 pm

Golden Freeza was on a recruitment drive, that's the only reason Cheelai and the other guy found him, in trunk time freeza stays dead.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Logically it'd be weird if Tarble didn't mention the nameks, if he did Trunks would have asked him to revive their friends.

They might have had a nice uncle nephew catch up but Tarble would be too weak to be any help, without RoSaT or Kaio training or senzubeans + gravity he's not becoming helpful any year soon.

If Trunks met him and Namek wasn't mentioned by Tarble AND dragonballs weren't mentioned by Trunks then Trunks would just tell him to flee while he still could before he bumps into the androids.

Was Gohan still alive then, either of them can kill abo and cado, especially if they don't let them fuse.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 31, 2020 3:28 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 pmBeing revived. For a second time.
Oh, that's possible if that blue minion goes after the Namekuseijin's dragon balls and succeed in gathering them. Since this is an event set after the divergent point, it's possible that it may happen at any point other than the original year (AGE 779), which also means we could see both Trunks teaming up to beat the "improved" Freeza.

Since the other Trunks is probably weaker (i.e not having Super Saiyan Rage and possibly that power-up of the Super Saiyan 2 in the manga's case. Due to him not having experienced Future Trunks saga), Freeza could even kill him to "set things right" to me. :P It would be slightly interesting now that I'm thinking about it, depending on how things play out, of course.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 31, 2020 7:25 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:28 am
Koitsukai wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:38 pmBeing revived. For a second time.
Oh, that's possible if that blue minion goes after the Namekuseijin's dragon balls and succeed in gathering them. Since this is an event set after the divergent point, it's possible that it may happen at any point other than the original year (AGE 779), which also means we could see both Trunks teaming up to beat the "improved" Freeza.

Since the other Trunks is probably weaker (i.e not having Super Saiyan Rage and possibly that power-up of the Super Saiyan 2 in the manga's case. Due to him not having experienced Future Trunks saga), Freeza could even kill him to "set things right" to me. :P It would be slightly interesting now that I'm thinking about it, depending on how things play out, of course.

Freeza isn't getting revived, the Freeza force did not know where Tarble is, and other than Abo and Cado who are chasing Tarble around, none of them are strong enough to take out the Nameks.

They also don't know how to speak Namekian to Poronga.

Freeza wouldn't know about Gokus beating Buu and scrapping with Beerus because it didn't happen. So they wouldnt think they need to get stronger, or at least not as much. So if Freeza does go to earth again he gets killed by the androids or Trunks or Gohan depending on the point in time.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:25 amThey also don't know how to speak Namekian to Poronga.
Right, totally forgot about this detail. Still, if they manage to gather them, those two other soldiers (that red guy and the other one with a dual-eyed blue scouter) can force the Namekuseijins to speak their wishes for them. I don't think there's someone as strong as Nail or Piccolo among the Namekuseijins to defend them, so it could still happen.

~ Day of the Machines ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:54 pm

I mean... not to be a party pooper but it probably doesn't matter at all what Tarble's up to in the future timeline considering that he's barely a presence in the present one. I'd imagine that he probably came to Earth at some point, failed to find Vegeta and silently left as quickly as he arrived without causing any aggro.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 31, 2020 2:33 pm

I find it hard to believe Tarble wouldn't detect Trunks (and Gohan, if you are thinking at some point before AGE 780). Again, Tarble was able to quickly detect everyone in the present while they were throwing a party. Detecting Trunks (especially during the time he was training) should be easy. He couldn't just come to Earth and leave it without finding Trunks.

~ Day of the Machines ~

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:12 pm

If he did land and stick around, there's no guarantee that he'd be able to find a pair of warriors (or a single warrior if the timeframe is pushed back as with Babidi) training in hiding as easily as finding a platoon of incredibly powerful warriors openly banqueting together in a massive hotel resort. Besides that, any number of divergences can occur between these timelines. In the OVA, Abo and Kado caught up with Tarble and Gure's location almost as soon as the Saiyan arrived on Earth. Chances are the future Frieza Force twins caught and killed their targets as soon as they arrived on Earth before noticing another sibling duo of terrorist thugs on the planet and getting out of dodge ASAP, providing that Tarble doesn't notice the Androids first and do the same.

But the more Doylist explanation is that Tarble really isn't an important enough character to be worth remembering. Even the present timeline characters have trouble remembering his existence, including his own brother. Even when he's given a token mention in the movies penned by Toriyama, it's always dismissively like "he's just off somewhere else, who cares". Tarble's presence or lack thereof in Trunks' life wouldn't change much at all, especially compared to all of the more important crises he's dealt with from the Androids to Cell to Dabura. Trunks would have beaten the Frieza Force twins with absolute ease, Tarble and Gure would leave Earth forever and that would be that.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:58 am

Grimlock wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 pm
TobyS wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:25 amThey also don't know how to speak Namekian to Poronga.
Right, totally forgot about this detail. Still, if they manage to gather them, those two other soldiers (that red guy and the other one with a dual-eyed blue scouter) can force the Namekuseijins to speak their wishes for them. I don't think there's someone as strong as Nail or Piccolo among the Namekuseijins to defend them, so it could still happen.
Freeza soldier: "Now tell the dragon to resurrect Lord Freeza!"

Namekian: "Okay." *switches to speaking in Namekian* "Porunga, I wish that this guy and all of his buddies invading our planet would be teleported into the center of the sun."
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:55 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:12 pmIf he did land and stick around, there's no guarantee that he'd be able to find a pair of warriors (or a single warrior if the timeframe is pushed back as with Babidi) training in hiding as easily as finding a platoon of incredibly powerful warriors openly banqueting together in a massive hotel resort.
I don't know what you mean by "training in hiding". If I remember correctly, the androids can't sense ki. Gohan and Trunks were always training in open areas, not hiding.
LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:12 pmIn the OVA, Abo and Kado caught up with Tarble and Gure's location almost as soon as the Saiyan arrived on Earth. Chances are the future Frieza Force twins caught and killed their targets as soon as they arrived on Earth before noticing another sibling duo of terrorist thugs on the planet and getting out of dodge ASAP, providing that Tarble doesn't notice the Androids first and do the same.
You make it sound as if Tarble wouldn't have enough time to go to wherever Trunks (and Gohan) is. Tarble didn't land near where everyone was. On top of that, the characters were able to chat, Goku was able to demonstrate the Super Saiyan and they even had time to sort out in a competition who would fight against Abo and Cado. It wasn't "as soon as Tarble arrived on Earth" at all.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:58 amFreeza soldier: "Now tell the dragon to resurrect Lord Freeza!"

Namekian: "Okay." *switches to speaking in Namekian* "Porunga, I wish that this guy and all of his buddies invading our planet would be teleported into the center of the sun."
This kind of "easy situation" would probably prevent 90% or more of all the problems the characters ever faced since the very beginning of the series. Clearly the "easiest" way is never the chosen one, so this is out of question.

~ Day of the Machines ~