Could Launch and Nameless Namekian be two souls in one body?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Could Launch and Nameless Namekian be two souls in one body?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:51 am

Meaning, for instance, if Launch died, the spirits of Nice Launch and Mean Launch would be separate in Otherworld? Maybe Mean Launch would face some form of punishment but Nice Launch wouldn't? Could the Nameless Namekian originally been like this? When Kami and Piccolo died, you'd expect their souls to be one in Otherworld, but that didn't seem to happen. Piccolo was just Piccolo on King Kai's planet, which could indicate that the Nameless Namekian was originally two souls occupying one body.

There's also Buu. He split into several different being. One died and then got reincarnated as Uub, while Good Buu remained alive.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Re: Could Launch and Nameless Namekian be two souls in one body?

Post by linkdude20002001 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:26 am

I think when the nameless son of Katats split his body and soul into two, the two souls remain as separate in death as they are in life. Same with the versions of Majin-Boo. However, Lunch is likely just one soul with split personality disorder, with a little cartoonish flair to exaggerate the differences. I don't know how Yama the Great would judge a person with both a good and a bad personality, tho. I guess maybe he'd base the judgement on whichever of the personalities is present when she dies, which I believe would permanently be her personality in death, unless souls can sneeze. Knowing Toriyama, tho, they probably can. Haha.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:54 am

linkdude20002001 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:26 am I think when the nameless son of Katats split his body and soul into two, the two souls remain as separate in death as they are in life. Same with the versions of Majin-Boo. However, Lunch is likely just one soul with split personality disorder, with a little cartoonish flair to exaggerate the differences. I don't know how Yama the Great would judge a person with both a good and a bad personality, tho. I guess maybe he'd base the judgement on whichever of the personalities is present when she dies, which I believe would permanently be her personality in death, unless souls can sneeze. Knowing Toriyama, tho, they probably can. Haha.
They could sneeze but only when someone is talking about them haha.

I feel like it'd be mean to punish good Lunchs for bad lunches deeds.

She only really robbed, she wasn't like a serial killer. I'd say good Lunch was more good than Bad Lunch was bad.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:07 am

Damn, does make me wonder how how Yemma/Enma would judge someone like Launch huh? We don't actually see her killing anyone in the actual Manga/Anime if I recall correctly, so most likely she should be clear for Heaven I guess.

Brings me to think if there's an actual God who judges people, it would be pretty messed up to judge people with DID.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:21 pm

The Nameless Namekian must be a fusion of souls, or in biblical terms, a legion for he is many.

Launch, I'm not so certain. If she just has DID, then it's like two parts of the same soul only both don't work together too much.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.