Why didn't Future Bulma tell Trunks about Gero's lab ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GoodboiRaditz

Why didn't Future Bulma tell Trunks about Gero's lab ?

Post by GoodboiRaditz » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:33 am

Bulma could've easily found something in the lab , and even killed Cell while he was a baby , my own theory about this is that after Trunks desactivated the androids he was about to return not to tell his comrades about his victory but to actually pay a visit to Gero , thats why Cell returned 4 years before the appearance of the androids .

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't Future Bulma tell Trunks about Gero's lab ?

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:12 pm

It's probably one of the better explanations to rationalise why the Trunks who used the remote had his time machine configured to travel back a year prior to Freeza's arrival on Earth. Perhaps he felt that it was an adequate time period to halt Gero's schemes?

Now as to the proposal of Trunks launching a preemptive strike to take Cell out -- I don't think he was aware of the creature's existence in that timeline. From his perspective, it was strictly the twins whom his world had been suffering under. At every occasion when he learned of the existence of a new cyborg/android, it took him by surprise. Trunks would have had no reason to suspect any more existed as it had been years since the aforementioned twins first appeared -- if no others had decided to rear their heads in the meantime then what would prompt Trunks to believe more were on the way?

I suppose Trunks could have sought to uncover Gero's lab for the sake of being absolutely sure no more threats existed and maybe acquiring any blueprints and technology for his mother to study. It would take longer for him to locate it, though, as Bulma only knew of the general area where it was situated and not the exact coordinates.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't Future Bulma tell Trunks about Gero's lab ?

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:52 am

Lionel wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:12 pm It's probably one of the better explanations to rationalise why the Trunks who used the remote had his time machine configured to travel back a year prior to Freeza's arrival on Earth. Perhaps he felt that it was an adequate time period to halt Gero's schemes?

Now as to the proposal of Trunks launching a preemptive strike to take Cell out -- I don't think he was aware of the creature's existence in that timeline. From his perspective, it was strictly the twins whom his world had been suffering under. At every occasion when he learned of the existence of a new cyborg/android, it took him by surprise. Trunks would have had no reason to suspect any more existed as it had been years since the aforementioned twins first appeared -- if no others had decided to rear their heads in the meantime then what would prompt Trunks to believe more were on the way?

I suppose Trunks could have sought to uncover Gero's lab for the sake of being absolutely sure no more threats existed and maybe acquiring any blueprints and technology for his mother to study. It would take longer for him to locate it, though, as Bulma only knew of the general area where it was situated and not the exact coordinates.
Yeah Bulm never saw Gero and narrowed it down, so it'd take ages plus he had to presumably help bulma and the earthlings do stuff and couldn't spare the time.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.