Could the Special Beam Cannon and headlock combo have worked on Vegeta or Frieza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Peach
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Could the Special Beam Cannon and headlock combo have worked on Vegeta or Frieza?

Post by Peach » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:36 pm

The method Goku and Piccolo killed Raditz with. Could it have defeated later threats like Vegeta or Frieza if it were tried again if Piccolo wasn't dead or incapacitated by the time Goku arrived to help?

Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Re: Could the Special Beam Cannon and headlock combo have worked on Vegeta or Frieza?

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:37 pm

Could a full nelson have worked on either one of those opponents while Piccolo charged a Special Beam Cannon, you mean? I doubt it. Raditz needed to be preemptively injured by Gohan's headbutt, it seems, for the joint lock to work. I don't see how a similar arrangement could be had with either Vegeta or Freeza as they're both too powerful for anything short of a Kaioken burst from Goku being able to physically subdue them -- not to mention that Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon's amplifier from the Saiyan arc would prove too weak for decisively putting either one down.

Let's just claim that for the sake of the argument Piccolo was able to hone his trump card with a higher multiplier. Goku still needs to restrain Vegeta/Freeza in order for the attack to land -- he can't maintain the Kaioken indefinitely and in Freeza's case, releasing more than 50% of his power would overwhelm Goku's submission hold. My suggestion? Rely on pressure points. Go for the most vulnerable areas such as eyes, groin, Adam's Apple, or Brachial plexus. Hopefully it can provide enough time for the Special Beam Cannon to be charged while Goku restrains the disorientated opponent.

theherodjl
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Re: Could the Special Beam Cannon and headlock combo have worked on Vegeta or Frieza?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:46 am

It might have worked but replicating the circumstances that could lead to such a scenario would have to be the same or nearly identical to the one with Raditz...which is not very likely if Vegeta & Freeza were at their best. Damaging Vegeta & Freeza prior to them unleashing their full power is the only way for any such plan to succeed.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Peach
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Peach » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Lionel wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:37 pm
Could a full nelson have worked on either one of those opponents while Piccolo charged a Special Beam Cannon, you mean? I doubt it. Raditz needed to be preemptively injured by Gohan's headbutt, it seems, for the joint lock to work. I don't see how a similar arrangement could be had with either Vegeta or Freeza as they're both too powerful for anything short of a Kaioken burst from Goku being able to physically subdue them -- not to mention that Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon's amplifier from the Saiyan arc would prove too weak for decisively putting either one down.

Let's just claim that for the sake of the argument Piccolo was able to hone his trump card with a higher multiplier. Goku still needs to restrain Vegeta/Freeza in order for the attack to land -- he can't maintain the Kaioken indefinitely and in Freeza's case, releasing more than 50% of his power would overwhelm Goku's submission hold. My suggestion? Rely on pressure points. Go for the most vulnerable areas such as eyes, groin, Adam's Apple, or Brachial plexus. Hopefully it can provide enough time for the Special Beam Cannon to be charged while Goku restrains the disorientated opponent.
I mean, Android 16 was able to hold Cell in a headlock. Despite a far greater power gap than Saiyan saga Goku-Vegeta or Namek saga Goku-Frieza. Goku nearly got eliminated from a headlock in the tournament of power too by a far weaker opponent.

blacksymbiote
Not-So-Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:57 pm

Prior to SSJ, there was no way to damage Frieza enough to be able to hold him several minutes. Vegeta maybe after losing his tail and Piccolo being alive and Goku not utterly crushed.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:54 pm

It could work on Vegeta the same way it did Raditz. Freeza is biologically different, though. He's survived being blown to pieces; I doubt a piercing attack will do enough damage to kill him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"