Which version of Majin Vegeta's dialogue suits him better, and which do you prefer?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Which version of Majin Vegeta's dialogue suits him better, and which do you prefer?

Post by SylentEcho » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:58 am

He says to Goku and Kaioshin,

"Meaningless, huh? Spend most of your life ruled by another. Watch your race dwindle down to a handful, then tell me what has more meaning than your own strength? He's even saved my life as if I were a child and his debts must be paid."

or

"For this fooling thing? Foolish thing, you say?!! This is everything to me! It does not matter to me, what happens with Majin Boo, or anything else! He...he surpassed my strength! He's a Saiyan, same as me, yet he outpaced me! Me! The prince, at the height of his overwhelming power! I-I've even had my life saved by him! I cannot forgive him for that! Absolutely not!!

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Which version of Majin Vegeta's dialogue suits him better, and which do you prefer?

Post by Trouser » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:57 am

Second. I don't like dialogue changes, so for me it's always the orginal.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Kaboom

Re: Which version of Majin Vegeta's dialogue suits him better, and which do you prefer?

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Ditto. I don't care how "epic" a dub thinks they're making a line sound, accuracy to the actual original dialogue is always better by default.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Second one, yeah. It is actually visceral and personal. You just have to agree with Geets there.

There is nothing appealing to me in the first one.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm

First one. Both are good though.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:47 pm

I like both.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:59 pm

I think FUNimaiton did a good job here. I prefer their version. I really liked the addition of Vegeta's life being ruled by Frieza. It added depth to this dialogue. Original speech seems a bit more egoistic.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:20 pm

Funi's dialogue makes me cringe whenever compared to the original. The Kai dubbing was phenomenally better than the shitty 1999-2002 dubbing that Funi did for DBZ...but the Japanese dialogue has always been great no matter if it was from 1989 or 2009.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: