What does Vegeta find funny?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

What does Vegeta find funny?

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:50 am

Does the guy even have a sense of humor? If anything he just seems to cringe at everything funny.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: What does Vegeta find funny?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:33 am

Considering that Vegeta was a stone cold exterminator for half of his life, humor was a bit hard to come by in his life. Now that he is surrounded by a gang of zany misfits, Vegeta probably can't make heads or tails of what emotion he is supposed to be feeling thus, Vegeta just goes with what he knows and remains a sourpuss.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:48 am

I remember two memorable moments of Vegeta having a sense of humor.

The first one is the filler episode after Buu saga where Goku searches for eggs and ChiChi wants to trade Goku for Vegeta, although that's a dub line and i don't remember what was said in original version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydJ84oA1ylE

The other is Vegeta challenging Goku after Baby saga and laughing when Goku says he can't fight because he is hungry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOvJkzvRFw
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:57 am

I remember he made a joke in ep. 63 of Super, where he said something like "oh I was going to bring a casket for you guys but I couldn't find one small enough", and then smirked right after (he was talking to Black and Zamasu). I guess that's what Vegeta finds funny, so yikes.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:54 pm

I remember in the Buu Saga, Goku ate a big meal just before the tournament. Goku says, "Man, I'm stuffed! Whoever I'm fighting, please don't punch me in the gut."

Then Vegeta replies, "Okay. If I fight Kakarot in the first round, first thing I'm going to do is punch him in the gut."

It was probably a dubism, but oh well.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:17 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:54 pm I remember in the Buu Saga, Goku ate a big meal just before the tournament. Goku says, "Man, I'm stuffed! Whoever I'm fighting, please don't punch me in the gut."

Then Vegeta replies, "Okay. If I fight Kakarot in the first round, first thing I'm going to do is punch him in the gut."

It was probably a dubism, but oh well.
Sounds like something he would actually do though.

But didn't he laugh a few times early on when people were dying? Like against the Earthlings and that Namekian village he destroyed? Oh and against Cell after the final flash.

So I would say his sense of humor is dark, very very dark.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:00 pm

Vegeta finds ruling the universe and blasting Cell hilarious.

GoodboiRaditz

Post by GoodboiRaditz » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:52 pm

He did find Tien losing his arm amusing , Vegeta always had dark and sadistic humor , he made fun of his victims before killing them like Guldo and Zarbon .