Are the Buu Saga SSJ2's (Goku and Vegeta) much more powerful than SPC or Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Are the Buu Saga SSJ2's (Goku and Vegeta) much more powerful than SPC or Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan?

Post by Angelus » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:59 pm

Is Buu Saga SSJ2 Gohan still even more powerful than SPC, even?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Are the Buu Saga SSJ2's (Goku and Vegeta) much more powerful than SPC or Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan?

Post by Lionel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:37 pm

From the way Goku and Vegeta spoke of Gohan, the inference one could make is that Gohan from the Cell Games was still an impressive force to be reckoned with. Both Saiyan adults had surpassed the younger hybrid but it didn't sound like it was by a substantial amount. I think Gohan would have proven to be a challenge for either one despite the 7 years of intensive training they underwent.

Super Perfect Cell is more anomalous as we see very little of what he's capable of. In relation to the Buu arc SSJ2 adults, I wouldn't believe SPC to be as serious a threat as Gohan. It's possible he could put up a fight but I would likely compare such a performance to something along the lines of Vegeta fighting Recoome.

Now as to your second question -- Gohan may have deteriorated to the point that Cell could overtake him. I have Buu arc Gohan losing an arbitrary percentage of 20-25% of his pre-timeskip strength. It's noticeable and disappointing but nothing that's overtly crippling or mortifying for his capacity as a fighter like what we see of Gohan in the ROF arc/film.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Are the Buu Saga SSJ2's (Goku and Vegeta) much more powerful than SPC or Cell Games SSJ2 Gohan?

Post by TobyS » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:54 am

Vegeta points out they are both above and a very short time later Piccolo refers to them being all about the same.

So the gap is pretty insignificant. They are all in the same tier.
Even Gohan, as much as people dunk on him for having got 'so much weaker' is speculated by Vegeta to just be a rage boost away from being relevant again, and no one contradicts this statement.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:44 am

It took Goku 7 years of intense training in the afterlife, and Vegeta 7 years of intense training with all kinds of tech and a power unlock from Babidi to be on his level, or slightly above. That shows just how ahead of his time he was when it came to power, as it took those 2 7 whole years of hell to reach his level. In terms of their power compared to Cell, Gohan was able to kill him with roughly 50% of his power, so he, Goku, or Vegeta could easily destroy him at 100%.

When it comes to Gohan before his potential was unlocked, he may have been weaker than before, but he was by no means a push over like he was in RF for example. I'd say at most he lost 20% of his power, and as TobyS points out, he was probably one rage moment away from getting it back and then some.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:19 am

Yeah, Goku and Vegeta are stronger than cell arc Gohan, but not by a huge amount. Same tier of power.

While adult Gohan is weaker than cell arc Gohan, before he goes to confront Babidi with the supreme kai, Goku tells him that if he gets mad then no one can beat him.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:04 pm

Why these threads are popping up so much recently? You can probably ask these questions in this thread.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 am

Much more, no. More powerful yes. I would say Gohan was like 5.8B vs Cell who I would put as 5.6B. Goku and Vegeta in the Buu saga however I would say 6.3B

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:04 am

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 am Much more, no. More powerful yes. I would say Gohan was like 5.8B vs Cell who I would put as 5.6B. Goku and Vegeta in the Buu saga however I would say 6.3B
I think they're closer than that, as Piccolo wasn't even sure if Vegeta was stronger or not.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:24 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:04 am
Mad Swami wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:39 am Much more, no. More powerful yes. I would say Gohan was like 5.8B vs Cell who I would put as 5.6B. Goku and Vegeta in the Buu saga however I would say 6.3B
I think they're closer than that, as Piccolo wasn't even sure if Vegeta was stronger or not.
They could be. I was more just giving the benefit of the doubt to Vegeta and Goku.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:01 pm

Vegeta flat out states that SSJ2 Goku is stronger "than your son was against Cell."

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Definitely. The thing is directly stated in the manga

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Vegeta outright stated him and Goku were stronger than Gohan was at the Cell Games so they're certainly stronger than Cell.

It's sorta common knowledge that Gohan was stronger than Cell at the Cell Games. How much is up for debate.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:44 pm

Yes they are ever so slightly stronger, but close enough that Piccolo doesn't mention a distinction. So if Gohan is 100, they are like 101-110.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Buu Saga SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta (post Majin increase) were already stronger than SSJ2 Enraged Gohan from the Cell Games. The difference is not that big however. Super Perfect Cell should be weaker than Gohan, since he wasn't used as a measure stick compared to Gohan. Cell was only compared to Dabura. But both villians should still be somewhere around stronger than Buu Saga SSJ2 Gohan, who got weaker from not training.

These are my numbers:

SSJ2 Buu Saga Gohan - 6,800,000,000

Super Perfect Cell/Dabura - 7,000,000,000

SSJ2 Cell Games Gohan - 9,000,000,000

SSJ2 Goku/SSJ2 Majin Vegeta - 10,000,000,000

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:44 pm Yes they are ever so slightly stronger, but close enough that Piccolo doesn't mention a distinction. So if Gohan is 100, they are like 101-110.
Seems too small of a gap. I'd easily say they are 125 if gohan is 100. Tbh, I have an 80/60 gap between them so it is more like a x1,3

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:21 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:44 pm Yes they are ever so slightly stronger, but close enough that Piccolo doesn't mention a distinction. So if Gohan is 100, they are like 101-110.
Seems too small of a gap. I'd easily say they are 125 if gohan is 100. Tbh, I have an 80/60 gap between them so it is more like a x1,3
That's too large for Piccolo to not notice a difference imo. 125 to 100 is like a quarter increase, that's a large chunk.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Do you guys think Buu saga but pre-majin Vegeta was stronger than SPC or CG SS2 Gohan?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:15 pm

dario03 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:43 pm Do you guys think Buu saga but pre-majin Vegeta was stronger than SPC or CG SS2 Gohan?
I'd say he's around SPC.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:16 pm

TobyS wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:21 pm
p-hyvo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 pm
That's too large for Piccolo to not notice a difference imo. 125 to 100 is like a quarter increase, that's a large chunk.
Opinions. Imo is right, they have to be stronger by a good margin or else there is roughly any difference . Plus, there is to consider that ssj2 Goku>ssj2 Vegeta (na majin)>that gohan, so the gap between Goku and gohan have to be at least decent. I have a 25% gap just between Goku and pre Majin Vegeta, still Vegeta is a bit stronger than that gohan from the cell games
Last edited by p-hyvo on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 pm

dario03 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:43 pm Do you guys think Buu saga but pre-majin Vegeta was stronger than SPC or CG SS2 Gohan?
Yes he was. He flat out states that he is.
He says multiple times to have surpassed that gohan