Cell's DNA - What Does It Give Him?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Cell's DNA - What Does It Give Him?

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:35 pm

I've been thinking about what Cell would be like if he had more DNA donors than just Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza and King Cold. But while discussing it with others I realized that I wasn't sure if Cell's DNA helped give him his strength or if it just helped create his personality and abilities, like regeneration.

Is it ever stated whether Cell's DNA actually contributed to his power level, or did Dr. Gero just do a real good job designing him? Absorbing 17 and 18 helped, of course. :wink:

For reference, I was thinking about Cell with the additions of Raditz, Nappa, Yamcha, Tien, Krillin, Gohan, Ginyu, Cooler and Future Trunks. I don't think this newer Cell would come close to SSJ3 Goku or Fat Buu unless he actually trains - he would most likely have some of Gohan's potential, after all.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Cell's DNA - What Does It Give Him?

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm

If I remember correctly, Cell said something about Trunks' cells being unnecessary because Goku and Vegeta are enough. However, Trunks was a Super Saiyan at that time, and it was the first time that the transformation was registered.

So if they don't need the cells of a Super Saiyan, IMO the strength of the DNA's owner is something secondary.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 pm

It's kind of confusing, because he knows certain techniques of the people whose DNA he possesses. So it seems implied that his cells contain the memories of those people. But he also inherits the physical abilities of those people too. He has Piccolo's regeneration (even though it's much better than Piccolo's somehow), and he has the Saiyan Zenkai ability. I don't know if borrowing from more people would have made him stronger, though. At some point, he might just be getting diminishing returns, especially if there are a lot of people with similar abilities.

But also remember that Cell did a lot of running away at first, while he absorbed a lot of Earthlings to increase his power. Even with all those cells, he didn't think he was able to take them in his first form. His potential, however, after absorbing the two androids and exploiting his combination of regeneration and zenkai, was very high.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:44 pm

It gives him the abilities and techniques of everyone he has cells of.

- Frieza and Cold's abilities to breath in space
- Frieza's death beam
- Saiyan zenkais from Nappa/Vegeta/Goku
- Piccolo's special beam cannon
- Piccolo's ability to creative offspring
- Piccolo's regeneration.
- Goku's kamehameha
- Cell even stated he could use the Spirit Bomb.

In addition to having all of the abilities and techniques of Goku, Piccolo, Frieza, Nappa, Vegeta, and King Cold, he greatly improves the efficacy of certain abilities Piccolo's regeneration and ability to create offspring. He can regenerate from one cell.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:00 pm

Yeah, Cell -- in effect -- had the best of all worlds. His physiology and abilities optimised whatever cells he had in him. Really, I think the only misses would have to do with his lack of training to improve like Freeza did or gaining the infinite stamina of the cyborgs. It all otherwise seemed to be heavily weighed in Cell's favour. Granted, Cell could have probably performed better if his creator had decided to allow someone like Tenshinhan's cells to be incorporated in the manga as he does have some useful abilities like the Shiyoken. Imagine Goku or SSJ2 Gohan against SPC having to fend off four arms at once. It may require more coordination and stamina on Cell's part but he would be able to block/parry more attacks while landing more of of his own in the process.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 pm

Well what if he had Buu, Hit, Jiren, Toppo and Moro's cells?

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:30 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 pm Well what if he had Buu, Hit, Jiren, Toppo and Moro's cells?
He would have all their techniques and abilities.

Buu's candy beam, Buu's regeneration, Buu's absorption, Buu's ability to manipulate his body, Hit's timeskip, Hit's time freeze, Moro's magic, Moro's ability to absorb energy, Top's hakai.

Cell could do anything Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Nappa, and King Cold could do. From passive abilities from to fighting techniques.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:34 am

Peach wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:30 am
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 pm Well what if he had Buu, Hit, Jiren, Toppo and Moro's cells?
He would have all their techniques and abilities.

Buu's candy beam, Buu's regeneration, Buu's absorption, Buu's ability to manipulate his body, Hit's timeskip, Hit's time freeze, Moro's magic, Moro's ability to absorb energy, Top's hakai.

Cell could do anything Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Frieza, Nappa, and King Cold could do. From passive abilities from to fighting techniques.
I like how you don't recognize anything unique about Jiren. :lol: