Goku loves food so much, he could get targeted through poisoning

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Goku loves food so much, he could get targeted through poisoning

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:34 pm

As a Saiyan, he has a titanic appetite. And so being poisoned either deliberately or accidentally (eg bad food, like fugu sashimi) is a definite possibility for him.

So can his Saiyan digestion neutralize/withstand toxins, or is he vulnerable that way?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Goku loves food so much, he could get targeted through poisoning

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:41 pm

Food poisoning is the worst thing ever. I approve of an enemy disabling him with food poisoning. Jesus fuck, is it baaaaaaad.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Plot twist: his Saiyan DNA neutralizes all foodborne toxins. The bastard could eat raw anthrax and keep on going.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:04 pm

If Gokuu is the closest to Toriyama in a way wouldn't it be funny if his ultimate enemy is a person made out of ink? Toriyama hates ink so much that it gives him hives, so what if Gokuu had to face a simple ink outline of a humanoid body as his ultimate foe? :lol:
She/Her
bisexual milf

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Well we saw how anaesthetic gas could work on Goku back in the Pilaf arc when he was trapped within that castle. It's a different method and biologic but why couldn't poisoning do Goku in? Frost induced some kind of delirious state that left Goku wobbling and unable to focus with some other type of poison. You have two precedents right there.

Truth be told, most of the Z-Warriors would likely succumb to poisoning if exposed. Buu would be the only exception, likely due to his bizarre physiology that makes him seemingly immortal and able to survive regardless of environment or lack thereof (Mr Satan trying to kill him with tainted chocolates in the Buu arc verifies this). It's why pathogens are so often discussed when making conversation about how these super beings could be taken down without matching their strength.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:08 am

Goku is almost completely immune to poisons and toxins. In Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Jaco carries around a small vial that holds a toxin so powerful it would apparently wipe out the human race if he opened it. But then he says it flat out wouldn’t work on a saiyan, not even a baby saiyan like Kakarot.

There are few exceptions to this, like Frost’s specialized poison which literally made Goku sleepy for about 60 seconds, and then he was right back to normal. So he’s not going to die from any food poisoning or toxins, at best he’ll get sick for a very short time.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:34 am

nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:08 am Goku is almost completely immune to poisons and toxins. In Jaco the Galactic Patrolman, Jaco carries around a small vial that holds a toxin so powerful it would apparently wipe out the human race if he opened it. But then he says it flat out wouldn’t work on a saiyan, not even a baby saiyan like Kakarot.

There are few exceptions to this, like Frost’s specialized poison which literally made Goku sleepy for about 60 seconds, and then he was right back to normal. So he’s not going to die from any food poisoning or toxins, at best he’ll get sick for a very short time.
Exactly.

Poison doesn’t even work on Beerus as the aliens at the beginning of Super’s manga try to kill him by poisoning the food and it had no effect on him.

I assume that, as usual, being too strong in Dragon Ball makes you immune to a lot of stuff. In fact Goku can survive in lava, so of course he would survive some poison.

Or maybe it’s just Saiyan biology as they can eat everything which is edible.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:15 pm

I'm not a biologist but from what I'm reading, poisons frequently operate on a different metric than external temperature conditions. They meddle with micro processes of the body like protein synthesisation in the cells, inhibiting enzymes and molecules, ect. I don't see how power level is going to help if your muscles are spasmodically contracting to the point of asphyxiation thanks to VX preventing necessary enzymes from working or oversaturating the heart muscle with calcium ions to the point that the character suffers from heart failure using Maitotoxin.

Beerus likely has some type of immunity as he can also survive in the absence of atmosphere in a vacuum.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:17 pm

You can't train away the shits and dehydration!
She/Her
bisexual milf

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:48 pm

If a heart virus, suffocation, and the extreme temperatures of the Earth's core can kill Goku, I dont see why a poison specialized to harm a Saiyan wouldn't also be able to do the trick.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:43 am

I'm sure there's a lot of anti-climatic ways to kill Goku.

Disease, poison, assassination

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:42 pm

Poison is actually lethal to a lot of high-tier DB characters, no matter how strong they are. Tear gas was effective against Goku Black and Zamasu. Since Black has Goku's body, it can be inferred that such weapons (chemical/toxic weapons like poison) would also be effective against him.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:10 pm

^^^

You know, I don't think this is average tear gas. I mean, Bulma made a special bullet before her death, so I think it's possible that she made other weapons against Black.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:28 pm

Yeah, but who would want to do that? It doesn't seem like the MO of any of his typical enemies like Freeza. And what would they gain from it? Even if it worked, there are tons of other people protecting Earth, and about 5 different ways for him to be brought back to life. And that's assuming that it couldn't be healed with a senzu bean, or cured by Dende, etc.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147