On the subject of Yamoshi the creator of the SSG

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Golden SS4

On the subject of Yamoshi the creator of the SSG

Post by Golden SS4 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:35 pm

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translation ... pecial-qa/

So from what I can gather from BoG, Super, and this interview with Toriyama both the original legendary SS and the creator of the SSG was a Saiyan named Yamoshi.

Yamoshi was a righteous Saiyan who took a disdain to the evil Saiyans who ruled over their people, so he started a rebellion against them with a group of other righteous Saiyans who shared his beliefs. Cornered by enemies, he became the first Super Saiyan, but being severely outnumbered he was eventually killed regardless. However, through supernatural forces his spirit lived on, and now sought out 6 righteous Saiyans to inherit his will through a new form the Super Saiyan God.

Apparently, according to the Book of Legends, he did find the righteous 6 he was searching for, and thus the original SSG was born through the spirit of Yamoshi. But this form had a time limit, and once it expired the righteous rebels were slaughtered by the evil Saiyans once again.

Thus ends the legend of the Super Saiyan God until Goku learns of the ritual and obtains the form many generations later.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: On the subject of Yamoshi the creator of the SSG

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Trustworthy people from here and on reddit say that Goku was the first SSGod that Yamoshi helped create :think:

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:11 am

Personally, this does make sense if you think about it. Yamoshi sought out comrades to fight against the evil Saiyan's, got cornered, transformed, got overpowered, then when a "supernatural" event occurred when he died, his spirit sort to find 6 more righteous Saiyan's to create a "messiah". This can be interpreted in so many ways, maybe he became one with the universe in a sense? Maybe the divine power came from some sort of transfusion between the spirit and god ki some how.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 am

So I'm guessing that Yamoshi is responsible for there being the 6 pure-hearted Saiyans that we are know & love? Maybe that's why Bardock seemed more like a 'good guy' in DB Minus & DBS: Broly as opposed to the first Bardock special? To fit with the new lore of the SSJG & righteous Saiyans, Bardock was also retconned to want to save his son for a noble cause even if he wasn't fully aware of it.
I guess for DB, its "Yamoshi works in mysterious ways".
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Aim
Banned

Post by Aim » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 am

theherodjl wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:09 am So I'm guessing that Yamoshi is responsible for there being the 6 pure-hearted Saiyans that we are know & love? Maybe that's why Bardock seemed more like a 'good guy' in DB Minus & DBS: Broly as opposed to the first Bardock special? To fit with the new lore of the SSJG & righteous Saiyans, Bardock was also retconned to want to save his son for a noble cause even if he wasn't fully aware of it.
I guess for DB, its "Yamoshi works in mysterious ways".
Doubt it, it doesn't sound like that's what Toriyama alluded to at all.