So if Broly had just figured out to turn SSJ2 he would have won?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

So if Broly had just figured out to turn SSJ2 he would have won?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:32 am

So the SSJ form Broly has initially is called Chou Broly (Ultra Broly" or "Super Broly") which seems like its his version of Super Saiyan second grade (as vegeta refers to himself as Super vegeta in this stage).In this form he was able to defeat SSB Goku and Vegeta and fight SS Gogeta.

Broly last power up is described as Super Saiyan Broly Full Power (超サイヤ人フルパワー Sūpā Saiya-jin Furu Pawā), which seems to be his version of full powered SSJ.
Does this mean that if Broly had figured out SSJ2 that Gogeta would have been outmatched by him?

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: So if Broly had just figured out to turn SSJ2 he would have won?

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 pm

I think Broly's full power is just that, his full power. It can be looked at as the equivalent of Gohan's mystic form, as in it draws out all his power. i don't think Broly can (or needs to) turn Ssj2, as he already has access to his full power.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:09 pm

I agree with Malone. After all, SS2 and SS3 are just improvements of the super saiyan form, not a different "road", his FP might actually be all that power in his SS form.

However, he might be able to master the FPSS, that is control the power and wield it correctly, but it wouldn't make him stronger, just better at using said power.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:32 am Does this mean that if Broly had figured out SSJ2 that Gogeta would have been outmatched by him?
Why not? But then in the same vein, if Gogeta had used Kaio-Ken/Blue Evolution or Ultra Instinct then our heroes still would've won.
Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:56 pm I think Broly's full power is just that, his full power. It can be looked at as the equivalent of Gohan's mystic form, as in it draws out all his power. i don't think Broly can (or needs to) turn Ssj2, as he already has access to his full power.
I disagree. If Kale and Kefla can transform into a Super Saiyan 2, I think Broly should be able to as well (later down the line of course).
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.