Angels, or completely new enemy after Moro?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Angels, or completely new enemy after Moro?

Post by Psajdak » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:58 pm

We barely even saw what Angels are really capable of when they fight, and personally, I am already tired of them, even though I kind of liked Merus, but that had very little to do with him being an Angel, and was more because, well, he was just a good guy.

Not even sure what possible reason could Angels even have to become the next antagonists, and that they don't seem like Zamasu 2.

On the other hand, it is highly unlikely that Super series will finally connect to the EoZ (if ever), and it is hard to think of what kind of a never before seen enemy will be next that seems unique enough...

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Angels, or completely new enemy after Moro?

Post by Lionel » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Makaioshin are a commonly proposed entity for a future arc. I think established lore describes them as being weaker in comparison to Hakaishin or something but it would be a simple matter to add some nuance by having some "legendary" unseen Makaioshin overheard and then established as a threat. It might appear too similar to Zamasu, however, as he was a Kaioshin -- the inversion of Makaioshin.

If an angel were to become an antagonist then I would prefer the concept was fleshed out in a non cliche manner of them wanting to usurp Zeno or what have you. Maybe their naturalistic indifference to events around them sees some kind of contentious disagreement form between them and the ningen? The angels don't necessarily have to be the instigators.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:25 pm

I mean, if an Angel(like Merus) can develop a sense of justice and actively help save the universe, it stands to reason that an Angel could also develop a sense of injustice and actively try to overthrow the universe. /shrug

...Not that I would ever want to see that kind of plot happen, mind you. It would essentially just be a scaled-up rehash of the Zamasu arc.

My ideal scenario would be the final chapter of the Moro arc tying into the EoZ chapters, and the series ending... But I doubt that will happen either. :(

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:15 am

Moro will use the remnants of his magic to open a portal to the Demon Realm and there we go, entire new arc :twisted:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:52 am

They really would be Zamasu 2.0. Zamasu already is the "God fallen from grace" villain, we don't need another. I believe that's why the writers didn't have the angels or Grand Priest be the villain of the ToP arc, even though at some points the Grand Priest seemed evil (and there were countless theories about this).

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:57 pm

Mechikabura and his crew show up.

I wouldn't want the Angels to be enemies right now. Build it up some more.

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:23 pm

The only way I see angels interfering in mortal events is if their actions were pardoned beforehand by Grand Priest allowing them to avoid being nullified. Maybe if Merus was revived and given complete autonomy as part of some free will cosmic experiment. In regards to the next villain, anything can happen. Afterall, no one was expecting a character like Moro.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:08 pm

To avoid a Zamasu re-hash, the angel would have to not be a rogue entity and actually be fighting on behalf of Zeno/the grand priest. That whole system would have to be challenged in some sense so that it's not just a god fallen from grace once more. I do wonder if Super has been written into a corner with the angels and the grand priest. It would be strange if they were never legitimately challenged considering how strong they are, but I am not sure how to go about that in a satisfying way. Maybe grand priest would have to declare that ultra instinct is too dangerous in the hands of a non-neutral being and that causes conflict?

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:36 pm

I either want something small scale and lighthearted that develops side characters such as Goten and Trunks or I'd like the Grand Priest to have a heel turn and take the angels with him. Basically all or nothing. Either that or finally address Jiren's "evil-doer".

*or bring back Garlic Jr. you cowards!
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:58 am

With how powerful the Z Senshi is now, U7 doesn't have a lot of candidates left to even qualify as legitimate villains anymore. Freeza is kind of wild card but he seems to be playing it safe for now. All of Moro's minions are defeated and back in prison. Any deceased villains of the past that somehow got revived have too large of a gap to overcome to once more be major threats. All we can count on is that maybe some other threat has been/is brewing still in U7, otherwise, the only option is to simply expand into the other universes for more antagonists.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:37 am

I think Angels should remain impartial, and if they do become antagonists that should be the reason. We've had it very clearly laid out to us that the lives of mortals don't matter to them, i would hate to see it turned into something malicious when it is merely the fact that they are Gods vastly disconnected from mortal life.

But i'd rather see something new or non-divine for now. I know it makes little sense with the power scaling, but Angels being the enemies just doesnt work for me, they've been around since the dawn of time, if they were evil surely something would have happened by now? Otherwise doing a fallen angel would yeah, be derivative of Zamasu.

There are just, in my opinion, no good reasons to do it and plenty of objective reasons not to.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:48 am

I think angles will remain neutral for the next few arcs, maybe forever. They just don't seem to care about anything to suddenly take sides. In terms of the next villain, I think it'll be someone new, as the likes of Cooler will probably be saved for the movies.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:18 pm

I imagine a villain from another Universe. Maybe Universe 6?

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:44 am

Zarama was an evil being that created both dragon balls and Zeno. He was sleeping somewhere (maybe "inside" the spheres themselves).
Zarama's back, destroy both, hakaishins join forces to defeat him, get defeated, angels join force, get defeated, battle battle battle battle battle, MVP from all universes join force, get defeated, Vegeta got near Goku level, fusion, they won. Beerus die in the battle.
God Ki expire as lacking any "source" being a Zarama emanation, and so you have the perfect link to EoZ.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.