Did Trunks, Son Goten, & Gotenks Ever Master Super Saiyan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Did Trunks, Son Goten, & Gotenks Ever Master Super Saiyan?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:36 am

As I am wondering if Trunks, Son Goten, and Gotenks had managed to master their respective Super Saiyan forms when they had trained in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

Like for an example, to the very exact same degree as Son Goku and Son Gohan had done in the Cell Games Saga?

Also, knowing how much Trunks, Son Goten, and Gotenks had improved after training in the Room of Spirit and Time would be nice to know too.

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Did Trunks, Son Goten, & Gotenks Ever Master Super Saiyan?

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:49 am

Considering that Gotenks could use Ssj3, I assume he at least was able to.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 pm

I personally believe so, yeah.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:11 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:49 am Considering that Gotenks could use Ssj3, I assume he at least was able to.
I see, but thank you. Matches Malone. However, do you have a pretty good idea for how long Trunks, Son Goten, and Gotenks had been training in the Time Chamber?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:33 pm

I guess it was one of the results of their ROSAT training. Goten was Gohan's #1 fan, growing up probably asked a lot of questions and heard a lot of stories about the Cell Games and his father, thus knowing what kind of training they did to save the world.

Or... while training with their elders for the TB, Gohan and Vegeta taught them how to master the form. At least the basic principles.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:42 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:11 pmDo you have a pretty good idea for how long Trunks, Son Goten, and Gotenks had been training in the Time Chamber?
If I remember correctly, Piccolo said the 30 minutes they had (or was it an hour ?) was the equivalent of 2 or so weeks.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:31 pm

Personally, I don't think they quite "mastered" it to the same extent that Goku and Gohan did in the Cell Arc (and that I believe Vegeta and Future Trunks likewise did soon after). But I do think it comes more naturally to them by default, since they were basically born with the ability. Like, there's different levels of "mastering" Super Saiyan...

1. Brand-new, can't really do it at will yet. (Goku on Namek)
2. Can transform at will, still brings stress and stamina issues. (Goku and Future Trunks meeting, early Androids arc)
3. Much better control, minimal stress/waste, able to start tapping into "beyond SS" power. (Vs Androids, and early Cell arc)
4. Total mastery, no energy waste, as easy to use as base form, primed and ready for Super Saiyan 2. (Cell Games & beyond)

Goten and Trunks would be at level 3.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 pm

I would dispute that they are kinda level 4, actually? Based on how Goten and Trunks can exhibit calm and totally non-serious expressions while using Super Saiyan and that they have the ability to power-up in that form, like Goku does against Cell.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:42 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:11 pmDo you have a pretty good idea for how long Trunks, Son Goten, and Gotenks had been training in the Time Chamber?
If I remember correctly, Piccolo said the 30 minutes they had (or was it an hour ?) was the equivalent of 2 or so weeks.
Thank you very much for your contribution again, Matches Malone.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:48 pm

Kaboom wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:31 pm Personally, I don't think they quite "mastered" it to the same extent that Goku and Gohan did in the Cell Arc (and that I believe Vegeta and Future Trunks likewise did soon after). But I do think it comes more naturally to them by default, since they were basically born with the ability. Like, there's different levels of "mastering" Super Saiyan...

1. Brand-new, can't really do it at will yet. (Goku on Namek)
2. Can transform at will, still brings stress and stamina issues. (Goku and Future Trunks meeting, early Androids arc)
3. Much better control, minimal stress/waste, able to start tapping into "beyond SS" power. (Vs Androids, and early Cell arc)
4. Total mastery, no energy waste, as easy to use as base form, primed and ready for Super Saiyan 2. (Cell Games & beyond)

Goten and Trunks would be at level 3.
Thank you very much for replying, Kaboom. But can I ask for one or more questions to you?

As I think that Trunks, Son Goten, and Gotenks had been able to master Super Saiyan, but I have no idea if Gotenks had done the very exact same thing to Super Saiyan 2.

And so, I ask these three questions.

1) Did Gotenks achieve mastery over Super Saiyan 2?

2) Do you have to master Super Saiyan 2 to get Super Saiyan 3?

3) Is Super Saiyan 3 the Third Grade of Super Saiyan 2 like how Ultra Super Saiyan is to Super Saiyan?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:51 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:33 pm I guess it was one of the results of their ROSAT training. Goten was Gohan's #1 fan, growing up probably asked a lot of questions and heard a lot of stories about the Cell Games and his father, thus knowing what kind of training they did to save the world.

Or... while training with their elders for the TB, Gohan and Vegeta taught them how to master the form. At least the basic principles.
Thank you very much for replying, Koitsukai.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 pm I would dispute that they are kinda level 4, actually? Based on how Goten and Trunks can exhibit calm and totally non-serious expressions while using Super Saiyan and that they have the ability to power-up in that form, like Goku does against Cell.
Thank you very much for replying, Hugo Boss.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:35 am

They have all the traits in the manga of grade iv and they don't act at all like the Grade 1 SSjs.