If Lord Beerus and Supreme Kai weren't gods, would they be a Hero or a Villain?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBFanTalk

If Lord Beerus and Supreme Kai weren't gods, would they be a Hero or a Villain?

Post by DBFanTalk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm

In a hypothetical scenario, the gods of Universe 7 decide to take a break from their duties and live without restraint or intervention. No longer existing above good or evil but naturally as mortals do, would they be defined as a Hero or a Villain, given the state of their characters? What would they do?

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: If Lord Beerus and Supreme Kai weren't gods, would they be a Hero or a Villain?

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:39 pm

On current trends, Kaioshin would be a (slightly ineffectual) hero, and Beerus would be asleep.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: If Lord Beerus and Supreme Kai weren't gods, would they be a Hero or a Villain?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Nothing would change, these two are horrible Gods who have consistently been terrible at their job. Beerus would remain a lazy brat who destroys worlds because they make bad food, and Shin would remain useless.

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 pm Nothing would change, these two are horrible Gods who have consistently been terrible at their job. Beerus would remain a lazy brat who destroys worlds because they make bad food, and Shin would remain useless.
Beerus is also associated with Frieza. That alone should account for something. I'm thinking he might be a villain.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:14 pm

DBFanTalk wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:59 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 pm Nothing would change, these two are horrible Gods who have consistently been terrible at their job. Beerus would remain a lazy brat who destroys worlds because they make bad food, and Shin would remain useless.
Beerus is also associated with Frieza. That alone should account for something. I'm thinking he might be a villain.
As a character, I'd say Beerus lacks the perseverance and self-application required to truly become a proper villain in the Dragon Ball style. At best, he'd be a petty (but powerful) 'chaotic neutral' character - whenever he can be bothered to do anything at all, that is.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Shin has shown a willing amicable relationship with Goku and co. I feel he would be eager to safeguard the universe and defend against less macro scale adversaries (Freeza, Cell, and others of their nature), albeit I don't see him engaging the day to day criminals and ruffians of worlds. The Kaioshin doesn't appear to be devoid of a conscience. Although it should be noted that he certainly tries to keep the big picture in mind rather than fret over the specific details and consequences.

I feel Beerus isn't enticed by anything of a malevolent nor good nature. For all intents and purposes he's a self-satisfying glutton who would prefer to sleep, partake in whatever cuisine he can, and fight the strongest opponent whom he has an interest in. I would characterise him as a neutral along the lines of the dragons or Zuno.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:27 pm

I think he'd have the sense to not destroy worlds because of bad food if he acknowledge that he didn't have the authority of a God of Destruction. Beerus may be lazy and somewhat ineffectual, but he has some respect for the God structure and its rules. Beerus may abuse his authority, but he still nonetheless has real authority to destroy. He wouldn't as a mortal, and he'd acknowledge that.

Beerus as a mortal would probably just be a neutral person that keeps to himself. He wouldn't really be a hero or a villain. I also believe Beerus' personality is largely shaped by the fact that he is a God, and more specifically, the fact that he has an extremely long life span which I believe is granted to Destroyers upon achieving godhood. Its more-or-less implied at that he's just bored with life in general.

Destroyers use to be mortal, and is plausible Beerus wasn't like this when he was mortal. He may have only had a 2-digit age at the time as well. Imagine present you, and a hypothetical you that lives hundreds of millions of years. You'd probably be vastly different by then.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:53 pm

I see Beerus as a pretty lazy anti-hero