Possibility of "Llec", "Appan", etc (reincarnated villains)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Possibility of "Llec", "Appan", etc (reincarnated villains)

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am

In the Universe Survival arc, Enma says that Freeza is so vile a villain that he will likely never repent for his crimes, and therefore remain in Earth's Hell for eternity. In Hell, evil souls are steadily cleansed until they can be reincarnated in the mortal realm. The reincarnation of Pure/Kid Buu as a good human boy named Uub was a specific request from Goku, but it seems to be a natural process for the Dragon Ball world for reincarnation to occur anyway.

This brings forth an interesting proposition... what if other dead villains were reincarnated as humans? I've always wondered if a human reincarnation of Cell, probably named "Llec", is wandering around somewhere. Chances are more likely that they would get reincarnated in lesser animal forms but it's interesting to think about, for me anyway.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Possibility of "Llec", "Appan", etc (reincarnated villains)

Post by theherodjl » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:17 am

If the events from filler/movies/GT are anything to go by, none of the villains from previous arcs had any intention of repenting either. Even members of the long dead RRA that escaped from Hell were still so villainous that they wreaked havoc on Earth for seemingly no reason other than to be evil. It might be quite awhile until we see humans that are reincarnations of past baddies.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:05 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am In the Universe Survival arc, Enma says that Freeza is so vile a villain that he will likely never repent for his crimes, and therefore remain in Earth's Hell for eternity. In Hell, evil souls are steadily cleansed until they can be reincarnated in the mortal realm. The reincarnation of Pure/Kid Buu as a good human boy named Uub was a specific request from Goku, but it seems to be a natural process for the Dragon Ball world for reincarnation to occur anyway.

This brings forth an interesting proposition... what if other dead villains were reincarnated as humans? I've always wondered if a human reincarnation of Cell, probably named "Llec", is wandering around somewhere. Chances are more likely that they would get reincarnated in lesser animal forms but it's interesting to think about, for me anyway.
I always been disappointed that Dragon Ball hardly ever toyed around with the whole reincarnation theme for previous characters or dead characters, instead focusing on reviving them back to life as is or keeping them gone.
Personally would love if Bardock and maybe Gine were both reincarnated as completely new characters that Goku ends up running into, Goku doesn't even need to know they were previously his parents in another life, just as long as we the audience was informed, or an ally of Goku dying. Just to be reincarnated as something else. If Cell was reincarnated as a human, I'd like him to be one of 17 kids, just for the strangeness.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:01 pm

If Cell was reincarnated, he'd just be a normal human. Probably strong, sure, but without his Saiyan, Namekian and Frieza abilities.

I would have rather seen him reformed, but he was fully evil when he was alive, so that ain't gonna happen.

What if Cell became
:lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:53 pm

A reincarnated Cell as Pan's teacher would be awesome. Let Wakamoto and Minaguchi have funny and cute scenes together!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:53 pm A reincarnated Cell as Pan's teacher would be awesome. Let Wakamoto and Minaguchi have funny and cute scenes together!
I always imagined reincarnated Cell becoming some kind of obstructive bureaucrat at Gohan's *insert scholarly profession* who irrationally wants to prevent Gohan's studies about ki from being published.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:53 pm A reincarnated Cell as Pan's teacher would be awesome. Let Wakamoto and Minaguchi have funny and cute scenes together!
I always imagined reincarnated Cell becoming some kind of obstructive bureaucrat at Gohan's *insert scholarly profession* who irrationally wants to prevent Gohan's studies about ki from being published.
Make him a beetle man and we could just combine the ideas. 😆
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:01 am

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:12 pm
Or, for a familiar twinge in Toriyama's neck, you could make him Gohan's super-perfectionist editor who keeps rejecting his drafts, and do a Torishima/Mashirito kind of thing with it.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:25 am

In Japan reincarnation is a sacred thing, but in DB if it's got to be done as a wish then I doubt it has much strength.

And Ztidar sounds like a weird name for a reincarnation.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 am

I like the idea of Raditz and Nappa being reincarnated as Goten and Trunks. This is moooooooooost likely not the case though.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:43 am I like the idea of Raditz and Nappa being reincarnated as Goten and Trunks. This is moooooooooost likely not the case though.
Ever thought about making your original story a webtoon?

Also that concept actually being a thing would be amazing though, and I'm annoyed I never thought of it.