They should use the DB to wish for Goku to survive in space

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

They should use the DB to wish for Goku to survive in space

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:45 pm

Because that weaknest of goku and vegeta is a glaring one that any competent villain would exploit.

https://youtu.be/NOZZKsGJJ1w

Frieza would not even need to fight goku and friends. Just travel unnoticed to a barren wasteland, fire a ki attack at the earth and watch the fire works as all your rivals die.Whis and beerus, if they aren't on the planet can't undo it because Whis can only rewind time back by 10 seconds and the namekians would be totally unaware that it happened.

Thus, it makes sense to give goku the ability to survive in space, since if this does happen he could at least use the instant transmission technique to revive the earth via the namekian dragon balls, resurrect dende and then use the earth's dragon to revive the world.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: They should use the DB to wish for Goku to survive in space

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:55 pm

Not going to happen. It's against their philosophy.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:20 am

But Goku traveled to the moon already with boss rabbit.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Vacuums, pathogens, temperature modification, ect.

There's a plethora of ways that someone could theoretically incapacitate Goku if the knowledge and means existed in the series. I would be curious to see how Goku managed a device's effects like the Active Denial System. A vacuum is only one method.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 pm

Lionel wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:27 pm Vacuums, pathogens, temperature modification, ect.

There's a plethora of ways that someone could theoretically incapacitate Goku if the knowledge and means existed in the series. I would be curious to see how Goku managed a device's effects like the Active Denial System. A vacuum is only one method.
Well we saw that tear gas could at least distract and annoy Goku Black and Zamasu. Makes me wonder if a more lethal gas could do something more (assuming they didn't immediately power up and blow it away with their ki or just fly above it).

EDIT: Of course poison gas couldn't kill future Zamasu since he's immortal, but I mean on Dragonball characters in general.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147