Deploy the Headcanon!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Magnificent Ponta
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Location: Not on Tumblr, I guess

Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:39 pm

Ahhh, 'Headcanon' - logical inferences from the series, suggestions and interpretations of data that resonate with you, things that you'd just like to be true (and, you never know, might be) - 'headcanon' in Dragon Ball is an extensive and varied patchwork, depending on who's defining it.

So why not give us some? Let's see some things you (quietly) personally believe about the Dragon Ball Universe, according to the following broad categories:

1. Something that's not explicitly stated in the series or other official works, but that you think has enough evidence generally around it to be respectably accepted as something more like 'implicit canon' than just 'headcanon';

2. Something that has very little to substantiate it generally and you accept is 'just' headcanon, but which makes sense to you or that you love as an idea, and you're holding out hope will get its due one day, establishing it as a straight-up Dragon Ball factTM;

3. (For the adventurous, but please be civil) Headcanon that you've seen someone else present (whether in this thread or elsewhere), but that doesn't make sense to you and you'd like to critique based on the evidence we have.

What's your headcanon of choice?

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6186
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Obligatory pun:

Image
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13702
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Gokuu is a trans women:

Shaves regularly, no body hair, voice trains for a powerful yet feminine voice and makes great friends with women despite not always feeling comfortable around them.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

User avatar
Desassina
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1372
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Desassina » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:26 pm

[Major Edit]

Goku never killed Freeza and King Cold in their arrival. Cell was the first entity from the future to arrive before all the changes took place and he remembered Trunks as the one who did it. Goku would have killed them, but did not and Trunks was therefore in Cell's history, before it changed further due to him knowing that he would have died by his hand.
Last edited by Desassina on Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"What else should I be? All apologies." - Nirvana, the most appropriate state(ment).
"Authors create and sign. Editors hack and design." - me and myself, but selfless, so not mine.

User avatar
Koitsukai
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:37 pm

I think this one falls in the #1 category. I have the anime's Vegito vs Zamasu.

I don't think Zamasu could've ever been 'defeated' without Vegito Blue's imput.
-The point of them fusing was, according to Gowasu, to hit Zamasu hard enough(harder than SSBKK moments prior) in order to unbalance his soul-body or whatever. So then he shoots his most powerful attack -in the manga the power coming from this attack was compared to Beerus, Zamasu tanks it inside of a dust cloud and comes out flying and laughing and Vegito defuses after punching him in the face. After that, a weakened Trunks jumps in, and is now fighting evenly with the fusion that was fighting Vegito Blue, even before going all genki sword and receiving ki from Goku and Vegeta.

-I believe the greater power Gowasu was talking about was the FKHH, that of course couldn't kill an immortal but weakened Zamasu enough for a weaker character to stand up to him and deal the finishing blow. This also happened in ep.131, when MUI had weakened Jiren enough for Freeza and 17 to be a problem for him.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6452
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Grimlock » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:41 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:39 pm
1. Something that's not explicitly stated in the series or other official works, but that you think has enough evidence generally around it to be respectably accepted as something more like 'implicit canon' than just 'headcanon';
• The driving school filler also happens in the manga continuity off-screen. As it is the only thing that explains why we see Goku driving later on.

• The Potara fusion only takes into consideration the real thing. In the case of Vegetto, it takes Goku's real name. In the case of Merged Zamasu, it ignores that Zamasu switched bodies. Hence his appearance and echo voice from the same person (Zamasu).

• Merged Zamasu is in a transformed state since Goku Black was transformed into Super Saiyan Rosé when he fused¹.

• We have to use simple "headcanon" for some dates and Goku's, Gohan's and Bulma's age, as well as that five years without seeing each other in order to avoid silly contradictions.
Magnificent Ponta wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:39 pm
2. Something that has very little to substantiate it generally and you accept is 'just' headcanon, but which makes sense to you or that you love as an idea, and you're holding out hope will get its due one day, establishing it as a straight-up Dragon Ball factTM;
• Both the rift Goku Black opened up and that place Gogeta and Broly fought are some kind of portal that leads to another dimension (where the movies and Dragon Ball GT take place).
Magnificent Ponta wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:39 pm
3. Headcanon that you've seen someone else present (whether in this thread or elsewhere), but that doesn't make sense to you and you'd like to critique based on the evidence we have.
• Dragon Ball has a supposed canon. Despite the lack of any statement of sort from any official entity.

• Opinions presented as if they were facts.

Off the top of my head, these are the ones I remember. If I remember more, I'll probably post it later.

¹ I don't think it's a "headcanon", if you fuse while transformed, it is expected that that the fused character will be transformed too. It's also worth noting that Dragon Ball Fusions seems to support this, since base Goku and Zamasu's fusion has a different hair.

User avatar
Magnificent Ponta
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Location: Not on Tumblr, I guess

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:52 pm

To use one of my own for Category 1:

I think all the main SSj forms have multiplier bands, rather than just being a straight multiplier as indicated in Guide Books - at least from the Cell Games onwards, when SSj gets mastered/used like it's basically normal:
  • SSj: Goku powers up to half power for Karin in SSj. Similarly, Goten and Trunks power up to their maximum at Goku's demand, which they think is sufficiently different from the SSj power they've shown so far as to "freak 'em out";
  • SSj2: The Daizenshuu says one of the reasons Gohan isn't as strong in SSj2 as an adult is that he isn't angered (so it's not all a question of having a weaker Base form); Vegeta gets a sense of Goku's SSj2 being stronger than him against Yakon, but freely concedes that he's looking forward to seeing how strong Goku really is just before they fight, and Goku likewise says he'll use full power to end the fight quickly (implying he wasn't when he used it earlier); and Trunks, of course, manages to wield an SSj2 form ranging from slightly stronger than SSj2 Goku to as strong as SSj3 Goku.
  • SSj3: Against Kid Buu, Goku mentions that he's never managed to get to full power while fighting, and needs to power up for a full minute to get there.
What would I like to put these multiplier bands at (shading into Category 2, here)? Not sure, but probably something like this:

SSj: 10x - 50x Base
SSj2: 100x - 400x Base
SSj3: 400x - 800x Base

User avatar
SupremeKai25
I Live Here
Posts: 2525
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm

This is a favourite what-if of mine if Zamasu won and completed Project Zero Mortals:

Despite his great hatred for mortals, Zamasu would have eventually created his own species of mortals. He would have grown bored of an empty, void multiverse, and would have realized that he is no God if no one is around to worship him. Furthermore, as a Supreme Kai, Zamasu had powers to create and nurture life, as we saw for example when he created that sentient winged creature. So obviously he would not let the cosmos remain empty, he would fill it with his own mortal species, which he would specifically design as highly intelligent and loyal to him, but also very weak physically (to avoid another species that defies the Gods like the saiyans). Eventually these mortals would create civilizations throughout the cosmos and live in peace and harmony with each others, because Zamasu would be controlling all of them. Since there is no war and conflict, they would prosper, flourish, and Zamasu dream of a new utopian paradise without war or conflict would be realized.

Basically, the cosmos would look like this if Zamasu won:

Image

I suppose this counts as Category 1, since Zamasu said many times that he wants to create a utopian paradise from the ashes of the old world, and we already know and have seen Zamasu create life.
My form is justice. And my form is the world. Worship me. Give praise unto me. Me, the beautiful, the sublime. Me, the invincible, the almighty and divine. All Hail Zamasu!

UI Peter
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by UI Peter » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 pm

Here's mine:

- The Spirit Sword is F.Trunks' Limit Breaker form.

- Current UI Omen Goku is almost as strong as Beerus

- The Saiyan Fusions see themselves as distinct individuals from their halves.

- Black & Zamasu would have won in the anime version if they had never fused.

- Goku would have still ended up a good guy even of he never hit his head on that rock as a baby.

xm0c
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by xm0c » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:54 pm

-The Xeno characters as seen in the Heroes anime and games come from a movie continuity/timeline, where all 13 DBZ movies occur (along with events from the manga and GT)

-After the end of GT, Pan and Bra train together and unlock Super Saiyan (I'll admit I got this from Toyotaro)

-King Piccolo still exists, hidden deep within Piccolo Junior's mind. He can maybe even be revived through the same method the King used to birth his children. If Piccolo Junior and his father fused, Piccolo would be on the same league as Super Saiyan Blue

User avatar
Ringworm128
I Live Here
Posts: 2937
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am
Contact:

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:11 am

The SSJ3 form's long hair is a safety measure that prevents the user's body being overloaded with ki, by giving it more space to flow through.
If you have to write a small thesis every time you respond to a post you're not an intellectual, you're just bad at making your point.

theherodjl
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1695
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm
Location: The Planes of Lexington

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by theherodjl » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:06 am

FPSSJ is as strong as SSJG3 because it draws out the power of the previous graded forms into the regular SSJ state hence, the reason why Goku didn't try powering up into SSJG2 or SSJG3 when fighting Cell.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

User avatar
Ringworm128
I Live Here
Posts: 2937
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:27 am
Contact:

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:16 am

The low class type Saiyans all have high pitch voices. This is the in-universe reason Goku, Bardock, Tullece, Goten etc all the have the same voice.
If you have to write a small thesis every time you respond to a post you're not an intellectual, you're just bad at making your point.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3041
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:57 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:39 pm
Something that's not explicitly stated in the series or other official works, but that you think has enough evidence generally around it to be respectably accepted as something more like 'implicit canon' than just 'headcanon';

Something that has very little to substantiate it generally and you accept is 'just' headcanon, but which makes sense to you or that you love as an idea, and you're holding out hope will get its due one day, establishing it as a straight-up Dragon Ball factTM;

Head canon that you've seen someone else present but that doesn't make sense to you and you'd like to critique based on the evidence we have.
In Trunks' timeline, I think the fight against 19 and 20 played out the same as it did in the present timeline.

One head canon concept I and others had for years was Trunks facing off against Dabura and Buu, which partly came true in Super.

Some guy believes Bardock is actually a nice guy because of his wife's influence, and that both save Goku from Planet Vegeta's destruction by sending him away to earth. Whoever came up with this clearly didn't see the TV special or even the Saiyan arc.

User avatar
Magnificent Ponta
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:25 pm
Location: Not on Tumblr, I guess

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:12 am

On more of a 'Category 2'-type headcanon (I guess), I accept the statement of Dragon Ball Online that Karin's Tower is really a tree clad in stone by the tribesmen at its base as it grows; but more particularly, I also believe it's the tree on which the Senzu Beans grow.

User avatar
Koitsukai
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1703
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:41 am

Up until BoG happened, I always wanted to believe SS4 was the true legendary form that appeared every 1,000 years. Fuck Broly.

User avatar
pepd
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:52 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by pepd » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Just to point out that logical inferences would actually be part of the canon; not to be confused with probable inference, or “logical (wrong) inferences” that leads to people not being aware of their headcanon and sometimes getting angry at “contradictions”
----------------------

1:
-Gokū unlocked his ōzaru power with the Super Divine Water

1.5 (There is no enough evidence, but I think is the case):
-Zamasu remained fused because of his immortality
-Brief and Panchi have sexually open relationship

2:
-King Cold mastered his full power in the form we saw
-Mr Popo is a Shinjin

4. (Negation)
-Vegeta Bingo Dance didn't happen

User avatar
Locust
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:39 pm
Location: UK/Osaka

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Locust » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:14 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:20 pm
Gokuu is a trans women:

Shaves regularly, no body hair, voice trains for a powerful yet feminine voice and makes great friends with women despite not always feeling comfortable around them.
I used to self-deprecatingly joke that Vegeta is a trans man - short, angry, feeling envious of another man
But a few friends headcanon this in earnestness and I came to actually really enjoy it

Another headcanon that I'm super into, and it's one that's quite embraced within the Japanese fandom - that Raditz and Tullece used to be childhood friends
"I just wanna punch god in the face"
My English can be weak, please forgive mistakes/confusingly phrased sentences
Letterboxd

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13702
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Locust wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:14 pm
JulieYBM wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:20 pm
Gokuu is a trans women:

Shaves regularly, no body hair, voice trains for a powerful yet feminine voice and makes great friends with women despite not always feeling comfortable around them.
I used to self-deprecatingly joke that Vegeta is a trans man - short, angry, feeling envious of another man
But a few friends headcanon this in earnestness and I came to actually really enjoy it

Another headcanon that I'm super into, and it's one that's quite embraced within the Japanese fandom - that Raditz and Tullece used to be childhood friends
Trans Vegeta is a great idea!

Personally, I think Tullece would make a great younger brother to Bardock.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2226
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:55 pm

Z:
-Cell lied about the nucleus being in his brain. Fixes the plot hole, and also why would he willingly reveal his weak point like that to begin with. I fully believe it's actually.. in-between his legs :lol:

-Hatchiyack is stronger than both Broly and Cell and requires either a group of multiple high-SSJs to be defeated, or a very special technique like Genki Dama (which is funny because they fought him pre-Cell in the special)

-After Babidi gets killed, if Goku teleported back to Buu and spoke to him, the arc would be over right there. Goku's charm would definitely be able to make sure Buu doesn't kill humans anymore. He could promise to be his sparring partner and bring him lots of food to eat.

Super:
Zarama is actually Grand Priest. It's possible since we don't know GP's real name, while we do know all of the Angels. Why would they hide it?

Moro-73 is either equal or stronger than Beerus, as he was able to manhandle UI Omen with no difficulty.

Whis is trying to get Beerus killed as a part of his Master Plan to be free.

GT:
-When Goku became a kid, he purposely acts childish to remind himself of the old days, and to make sure that his, Pan's and Trunks' adventure doesn't last too short.

-Pan was secretly happy about Goku being little, as she finally gets to have a friend her age (as we've seen the other boys at school were all scared of her).

-Pan's white aura in GT means she inherited Ultimate Gohan's genes and was possibly close to his level when enraged. It could be the in-universe explanation why she never became a Super Saiyan.

Post Reply