Deploy the Headcanon!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:40 pm I have a theory that perhaps why SSG is similar to Kaioken is because Kaioken is a very watered down god form. Maybe Kais can attune to god ki and in doing so King Kai somewhat made a makeshift god form that is heavily derived from the true god forms. Perhaps when Goku merges Kaioken with the god forms or in the manga uses the principles of it, it's because they are tied together in some way. Not saying Kaioken uses god ki just that maybe it's connected.
Damn, good thinking. :o

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Just thought this up.

1.Piccolo has a tiny little vestigial bit of God Ki in him.
How has this ever come in to play?

When Cell 'kills' him he survives unexpectadly.

So Lets say Piccolo is a 500, and Cell is a 1000.
Cell blasts him with an attack with a powerlevel of 502 seemingly plenty enough to kill him.
But Piccolos undetectable god Ki makes him functionally a 505.

Piccolo has become almost relevant again in the Moro arc despite previously showing slowed regular growth since the Cell arc because:
Having been exposed to real god ki fighters it awakened his capacity to expand his own pool of it. This is why he could hurt Moro with a suicide attack (additionally due to being in an enclosed space).

3. All characters, even not using god ki, have their capacity to get stronger increased when being exposed to large ki's or god ki.
It either literally mutates them or just kind gives them a frame of reference for being able to do that.
This explains why characters growth was slow at end of Z but sped up again in Super even w/o god ki (see Piccolos Moro improvement versus post Cell-Buu gap) or even their growth within a same arc.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:42 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 pm Just thought this up.

When Cell 'kills' him he survives unexpectadly.

So Lets say Piccolo is a 500, and Cell is a 1000.
Cell blasts him with an attack with a powerlevel of 502 seemingly plenty enough to kill him.
But Piccolos undetectable god Ki makes him functionally a 505.

Piccolo has become almost relevant again in the Moro arc despite previously showing slowed regular growth since the Cell arc because:
Having been exposed to real god ki fighters it awakened his capacity to expand his own pool of it. This is why he could hurt Moro with a suicide attack (additionally due to being in an enclosed space).

3. All characters, even not using god ki, have their capacity to get stronger increased when being exposed to large ki's or god ki.
It either literally mutates them or just kind gives them a frame of reference for being able to do that.
This explains why characters growth was slow at end of Z but sped up again in Super even w/o god ki (see Piccolos Moro improvement versus post Cell-Buu gap) or even their growth within a same arc.
Super interesting theory. I think it's a neat idea however I feel his training in the Cell Saga would have made him top 3 as opposed to the 5th strongest if that was the case. However I think it could work.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:16 am

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:29 pm Just thought this up.

Good post! Nobody ever comments on how Piccolo is able to gauge the strength of fighters using god ki. I thought it was an error in the anime but he does so in the manga as well. It could be the remnants of some god ki Kami had or he could simply be gauging the differences between the "pressures" he is feeling. It could even indicate his strength level, as the anime has shown us that fighters like Frieza and maybe even Vegeta were able to sense god ki despite not having any at the time they first sensed it. It's interesting to think about.
It's funny, he can sense SSB ki in the manga but not UI Omen.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:34 pm I had this headcanon before Goku Black's identity was revealed, but now it's pretty much defunct.

I initially had this idea that Goku Black was the result of Zamasu traveling back in time and giving Goku the Heart Virus. Upon Goku's death, the virus enters a special 20-year incubation process that will eventually resurrect him as Goku Black.
It's a cool idea but 20 years is too long, plus it'd mean there's a black in cells timeline but with no zamasu to pick him up (unless it's unseen zamasu)
Shouldn't there be a Black in Cell's timeline though?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm
TobyS wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:34 pm I had this headcanon before Goku Black's identity was revealed, but now it's pretty much defunct.

I initially had this idea that Goku Black was the result of Zamasu traveling back in time and giving Goku the Heart Virus. Upon Goku's death, the virus enters a special 20-year incubation process that will eventually resurrect him as Goku Black.
It's a cool idea but 20 years is too long, plus it'd mean there's a black in cells timeline but with no zamasu to pick him up (unless it's unseen zamasu)
Shouldn't there be a Black in Cell's timeline though?
It depends, isn't the unseen timeline to Cells timeline as the main is to Trunks timeline?

So it entirely depends on how strong they got in the alt timeline how the buu/beerus fights went, if there was a U6 Tournament or not and if anyone was close to as strong as Blue to piss off the Zamasu who watched the footage on godtube enough to steal Monaka and then Goku's bodies.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:40 pm I have a theory that perhaps why SSG is similar to Kaioken is because Kaioken is a very watered down god form. Maybe Kais can attune to god ki and in doing so King Kai somewhat made a makeshift god form that is heavily derived from the true god forms. Perhaps when Goku merges Kaioken with the god forms or in the manga uses the principles of it, it's because they are tied together in some way. Not saying Kaioken uses god ki just that maybe it's connected.
I like this a lot.

On a side note, I'd like to see Kaioken combined with Super Saiyan God.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:13 pm
I like this a lot.

On a side note, I'd like to see Kaioken combined with Super Saiyan God.
That could be cool. I imagine it would somewhat look like SSJ4 Gogeta with Kaioken.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:14 pm

new:

1. Zamasu states none of the other parallel worlds (timelines) were as strong as "Your [Blacks] world".
We already know Goku and co are dead in Cells TL.
We don't know if a Goku Co. exist in U12 guys, but if they do both them and the Dragon team in the Unseen timeline are weaker than the main timeline.

So headcanon is that they were never strong enough to piss off Zamasu into becoming black in the unseen and recruiting Cells timelines Zamasu. No godtube footage for him to see probably as well.

If they did kick off they should have won in those two timelines and been attacking the main timeline and the two Trunks timeline by now but they never did, headcanon this is why.

2. Buu leaving the universe for the fight with U6 OR Goku versus Beerus clashing punches, OR Beerus beating on Buu OR some combination of the three was what somehow weakened Moros seal/allowed him to regain power.
This almost certainly didn't happen in the U12 guy, Unseen and Cell, and 2 Trunks- timelines, explaining why Moro hasn't escaped and won there, eventually taking over the Supreme Kai of times place or other timelines including the main one using the time ring. Or pissing of Zeno and having those timelines erased.

3. 21 was never finished in the Buu-less timelines either due to no Buu 'cells' finishing the process.

4. Buu being dead or never born and killing Dabra means Towa doesn't kick off and riot in the other timelines, explaining why only one Towa ever causes shit in any Xeno continuity. She's erased before she can be mad at Trunks and I think they kill Babidi without killing Dabra in the two Trunks timeline.

JFK

Post by JFK » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:40 pm

In my headcanon, the level of power Goku reached after absorbing the Spirit Bomb at the end of Super Android 13! has yet to be surpassed, nor will it ever be. We were given a brief demonstration of absolute power in the Dragon Ball universe. Notice that 13 can't even touch him without his hands disintegrating:

It was only Goku's absolute concentration, prodigious ki control, a body that was determined to survive and a pinch of luck that kept him alive until the unfathomable amounts of ki had burned off. For those few seconds, he was limited only by his imagination. He had the power to do anything.

evirus

Post by evirus » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:47 pm

Retcons between Z(GT) and Super are the result of Episode of Bardock (time traveller moves a chair…)

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:44 pm

Vegeta killing Nappa was a mercy killing, not sadistic. He wanted Nappa to die like a warrior and not begging for his life.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:30 am

Look, I'm about to give everyone reading this a headache. Am I making a simple story complicated? Yes. But, I like to keep my stories linear. That is just how I operate. So, to make sense of the three main timeline groupings, [GT, Super, Xeno] I established a headcanon which I title "the great multiversal reset event". [The Future Trunks variants aren't included as they're spin offs that connect with each of these three groups in some way.] Each reset results in a timeline that is practically the same, apart from some a few discrepancies (Beerus awakens to search for the SSG, etc.). The first one happens sometime after the events of GT. Something sinister is happening, will these characters mange to break free?

1. DB > Z > GT > Reset. (You maybe could do one for the movies.)
2. DB > KAI > SUPER > Reset. (Manga timeline similar to this.)
3. DB > XENO > ...

Characters may not be able retain knowledge from the previous timeline, but can't shake this feeling of Deja Vu. Apart from that it's pretty vague, but I think I prefer it like that.

In a sense, it is like groundhog day. Except over a long, long, long time.

The Accountant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Accountant » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 am

Here is a weird, albeit completely flawed headcanon that involves there being no anthropomorphic characters in Dragon Ball.

Allow me to elaborate. Goku had never seen another person aside from his Grandpa. So when he started encountering other humans, he may have had a hard time recognizing and differentiating people from animals. For example: A hairy bearded man could look like a bear from Goku's childish perspective. As Goku grew older and started recognizing people as being human, these anthropomorphic animals started disappearing from the world of Dragon Ball. This does not account for why Oolong is still a pig. But, I don't even follow this headcanon anymore, I've just accepted that there are Dinosaurs, anthropomorphic animals, as well as humans that inhabit this world. Maybe Goku really did perceive Bulma as some sort of monster.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:36 am

The Accountant wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 am Here is a weird, albeit completely flawed headcanon that involves there being no anthropomorphic characters in Dragon Ball.

Allow me to elaborate. Goku had never seen another person aside from his Grandpa. So when he started encountering other humans, he may have had a hard time recognizing and differentiating people from animals. For example: A hairy bearded man could look like a bear from Goku's childish perspective. As Goku grew older and started recognizing people as being human, these anthropomorphic animals started disappearing from the world of Dragon Ball. This does not account for why Oolong is still a pig. But, I don't even follow this headcanon anymore, I've just accepted that there are Dinosaurs, anthropomorphic animals, as well as humans that inhabit this world. Maybe Goku really did perceive Bulma as some sort of monster.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot has this NPC who tells us that people were transformed into animals by a strange recreational drug. The effect was not expected, and people stopped using the drug, resulting in them turning back to normal. I guess that just makes Oolong a drug addict who just can't kick it. Kind of a weird explanation, and I'm not sure if the devs made it up themselves or what. It certainly sounds like the weird off-the-cuff kind of explanation Toriyama would come up with, though. Remember when he said that Krillin could smell via the pores of his skin, in lieu of a normal nose? Or when he basically gave Saiyans midichlorians to explain how only some of them could go Super?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:58 am

Peach wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:44 pm Vegeta killing Nappa was a mercy killing, not sadistic. He wanted Nappa to die like a warrior and not begging for his life.
Nappa wouldn't have been able to fight while paralyzed so it was a mercy killing in one respect.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:11 pm

Doing Fusion at such a young age (7 and 8) has stunted Goten and Trunk's growth into their teen years. The reason they don't fight during Super (and use Fusion as a result) is so that their Saiyan puberty can finally kick in.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:11 pm Doing Fusion at such a young age (7 and 8) has stunted Goten and Trunk's growth into their teen years. The reason they don't fight during Super (and use Fusion as a result) is so that their Saiyan puberty can finally kick in.
This actually would be a great way to explain them still looking like toddlers when they are pre-teens. Fusion or actually becoming SS at such a young age screwing their natural growth, just like lifting weights at a certain age can prevent you reaching a normal height(IDK if this was ever debunked or if it's actually a thing).

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:21 pm This actually would be a great way to explain them still looking like toddlers when they are pre-teens. Fusion or actually becoming SS at such a young age screwing their natural growth, just like lifting weights at a certain age can prevent you reaching a normal height(IDK if this was ever debunked or if it's actually a thing).
Lol thanks! Yes, SSJ can factor in as well! I know some will mention Goku being small for a long time, but you could actually see Goku had grown and slimmed down by the 22nd Budokai. Goten and Trunks are shrinking if anything.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.