Deploy the Headcanon!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Deploy the Headcanon!

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:57 pm

Here is my headcanon. There were two groups of Saiyans that fled the destruction of Sadala. One group settled on the planet that would become Planet Vegeta. The other settled on a completely uncivilized planet that they named New Sadala. Due to the lack of infrastructure and unfamiliarity with the New Sadala the Saiyans were stranded on the new planet unable to leave. And there were large powerful creatures on the planet which the Saiyans fought against. But even their Great Ape forms did not help much against the creatures. And this forced them to work together to survive and over time this helped foster a new culture for the Saiyans, they were still warlike but no longer as cruel or individualists at heart, the need to work together took care of that. And eventually other species came to New Sadala and the Saiyans were able to work with them and help a new and advanced society be born on New Sadala. New Sadala remained unknown to much of Universe 7 even to the Frieza Force.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:18 am

-Movie 7 takes place in the unknown timeline that the Trunks of Cell's timeline traveled back to.
-Future Gohan was romantically involved with Videl in Trunks' timeline. Pan, much like Trunks himself, was an inevitability. Pan should've been born right around the events of History of Trunks, so whether Videl tragically died while pregnant with her or Gohan died before she was born (or even knowing Videl was pregnant) is up in the air.
-Speaking of the Future timeline, Baba was killed at some point - she was the one who arranged for people to come back from the dead, so that's why say, Goku wasn't able to just find New Namek's location, come back for a day, and teleport their to find the Dragon Balls, and fix everything. Because otherwise, why not do that and use the Namekian Dragon Balls to bring back Piccolo, Vegeta, and Goku (the latter two having already been wished back by Shenron), then using the Earth Dragon Balls to wish back everyone else killed by the Androids, and then going in the hyperbolic time chamber?
- - Then again, maybe the crux of this plan - Goku - doesn't work out. Perhaps he didn't keep his body this time around and thus rendered the above paragraph moot? After all, Kami arranged for him to keep his body due to an imminent threat and he kept his body after Cell as a reward for his sacrifice.
-Bra's real hairstyle is like Vegeta's and she's too embarrassed to ever go out with it :P
-Goku didn't "learn the value of life" under Kami like so many people always say about him becoming merciful as an adult. Shit, Kami felt he had to step in and kill Piccolo himself because he didn't think Goku was cut out to indirectly kill him. Rather, Goku just grew up and gained more control over his emotions. He was still ready to kill Frieza up until the end - likely his rational side beating out his emotions once it became clear Frieza wasn't winning.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:16 am

The Universe 3 robots aren't all machine and use modified ki instead of infinite energy because they are piloted by living brains and empowered by biological components.

Doesn't anyone else find it funny they display an aura when they power up?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:14 am

SSJ4 pulls from its own pool of potential. The reason Gohan is perceived as so much stronger than his dad is that, due to him being a half Saiyan, he doesn't have the same different pools.
This was for GT however it was debunked when Gohan wanted to go SSJ4. Just wanted to share that one.

Now one that has no answer, Tien has the potential to match no god Super Saiyans. I know there were notes about him suppressing immense power, the term "god-like" I am fairly sure was used to describe his possible power in editor notes. However how much could that be?
Well to humans SSJ power is god-like. However, I am not saying he originally possessed that power but he could.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Here's some headcanon that could actually be "useful" for Super:
In EoZ, when Goku and Bulma met and Goku said they met up just 5 years ago, he was just guessing, and he actually overshot the actual number by a few years. Bulma, already being angry with him, just went with it without correcting him because the mistake worked in her favour (the goal was to chew out Goku for being antisocial, after all).
I'm sure this could use a little refining, but it's at least a start.
The reason why this would "be useful" is that the 5 years dialogue from EoZ contradicts Super as long as it's taken at face value. The timeline is irreconcilable at this point, something has to be changed if it's all gonna match up. The above headcanon is the simplest, smallest change you could make to make it all work (that I can think of). No contradictions, no deleting EoZ, no denouncing all of Super as non-canon, just a tiny retcon. The original dialogue doesn't even change, you just read between the lines a little differently.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 am

Alruneia wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 pm Here's some headcanon that could actually be "useful" for Super:
In EoZ, when Goku and Bulma met and Goku said they met up just 5 years ago, he was just guessing, and he actually overshot the actual number by a few years. Bulma, already being angry with him, just went with it without correcting him because the mistake worked in her favour (the goal was to chew out Goku for being antisocial, after all).
The reason why this would "be useful" is that the 5 years dialogue from EoZ contradicts Super as long as it's taken at face value. The timeline is irreconcilable at this point, something has to be changed if it's all gonna match up. The above headcanon is the simplest, smallest change you could make to make it all work (that I can think of). No contradictions, no deleting EoZ, no denouncing all of Super as non-canon, just a tiny retcon. The original dialogue doesn't even change, you just read between the lines a little differently.
Eh, I just tend to think of that as referring specifically to Battle of Gods, as it fits the points of being a get-together from about 5 years ago (it is, by the End of Z) that Goku says he came to (he did, to fight Beerus), but Bulma said he was actually off training (he initially was, though he knew it was going on, because he mentioned it at the time). Since Goku came, but not for the sake of getting together with everyone, they're both kinda right and it seems to fit the character of the exchange pretty well, as Bulma does seem to indicate that they have seen each other since then (only really saying that the initiative to see each other tends to come from Bulma and Vegeta, rather than from Goku).

That fits well enough, for my headcanon, at least.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:01 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 am
Alruneia wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:58 pm Here's some headcanon that could actually be "useful" for Super:
Eh, I just tend to think of that as referring specifically to Battle of Gods, as it fits the points of being a get-together from about 5 years ago (it is, by the End of Z) that Goku says he came to (he did, to fight Beerus), but Bulma said he was actually off training (he initially was, though he knew it was going on, because he mentioned it at the time). Since Goku came, but not for the sake of getting together with everyone, they're both kinda right and it seems to fit the character of the exchange pretty well, as Bulma does seem to indicate that they have seen each other since then (only really saying that the initiative to see each other tends to come from Bulma and Vegeta, rather than from Goku).

That fits well enough, for my headcanon, at least.
I did consider that alternative, but I didn't like the idea of having to make an excuse every time large portions of the cast meet in Super somehow, always saying "This meet-up doesn't count because..."
In the original post, I didn't properly express this, so that's my bad, but the goal was to find a solution that's as minimal-effort as possible. Your solution more or less works, but requires a bit more elbow grease, or whatever it is they say. (It's also narratively limiting that the cast can never all meet up properly unless you can find an excuse for it, but that's beside the point.)
Also, to the part I underlined, I've looked at the manga chapter in question (518) and the Kanzenshuu manga guide, and that's not the impression I get at all, unless I'm reading you wrong. I also haven't seen anybody claim this before.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:07 am

Alruneia wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:01 amAlso, to the part I underlined, I've looked at the manga chapter in question (518) and the Kanzenshuu manga guide, and that's not the impression I get at all, unless I'm reading you wrong. I also haven't seen anybody claim this before.
It may be a translation thing - in the English version of #518, before Goku says he visited Bulma 5 years ago, Bulma says, "We'd never see you if we didn't drop in on you! You always were like that." If it's not just giving a completely inaccurate sense of what she was originally saying in the Japanese, then I'd take it to mean that occasionally they have seen each other, but Goku doesn't take the trouble to come see them - they have to drop in on him.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am

Saiyans have dreadlocks. All Saiyans.

Maybe no trunks but otherwise all Saiyans

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:52 pm

JewyB wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am Saiyans have dreadlocks. All Saiyans.

This makes sense. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, I'm believing it.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:31 am

Gowasu is the Supreme Kai of Time in his universe. This is why he holds the time rings. He's pulling double duty.

"But isn't there just one Supreme Kai of Time?"

I don't believe it is ever explicitly stated that there is only one, and we've seen in Super (which came after Chronoa's creation) that each universe has a Supreme Kai. So why wouldn't each universe also have a Supreme Kai of Time? The multiverse is a big place, so it makes sense each universe would be in charge of protecting history within their own jurisdictions. Also, each Supreme Kai of Time guards one or more artifacts that are related to the flow of time in some way. Chronoa has the Time Nest and Time Vault, as well as Tokitoki, while Gowasu has the time rings. Coincidentally (or not), the addition of a new ring is also a convenient way to tell when somebody's screwed around with the timeline.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:52 am

Yep, that was never stated. I also believe each Universe has its own Kaioshin of Time. Makes sense considering a few things:

• I believe the Universes weren't all born/created at the same time, therefore...
• ... Each Universe is in different time periods.

I don't think Universe 7's Kaioshin of Time would be in charge of ruling over time of the Multiverse. Even for a god would be a bit much. I also couple that with the fact that even a single Universe is divided so that four Kaioshins can oversee it (or so it was...). Your "headcanon" makes sense and is one I would be okay if they ever make it true, despite my preference of having a god for each concept.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:06 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:31 am Gowasu is the Supreme Kai of Time in his universe. This is why he holds the time rings. He's pulling double duty.

"But isn't there just one Supreme Kai of Time?"

I don't believe it is ever explicitly stated that there is only one, and we've seen in Super (which came after Chronoa's creation) that each universe has a Supreme Kai. So why wouldn't each universe also have a Supreme Kai of Time? The multiverse is a big place, so it makes sense each universe would be in charge of protecting history within their own jurisdictions. Also, each Supreme Kai of Time guards one or more artifacts that are related to the flow of time in some way. Chronoa has the Time Nest and Time Vault, as well as Tokitoki, while Gowasu has the time rings. Coincidentally (or not), the addition of a new ring is also a convenient way to tell when somebody's screwed around with the timeline.
I don't buy this. There's multiple boxes of time rings in more then one universe that get duplicated when the timelines do. There's only one ring for each timeline in each box yet present Gowasu and shin both get to trunks timeline.

Zamasus box must die with him yet we later see trunks ring disappear from another box.

Why would Kaioshin of time explicitly titled that with a pun real name chronoa that alluded to it share the job with some random Kaioshin.

Why does she get the entire nest universe egg laying box and perfected time travel and he gets the shitty box? Bit unfair.

The whole point of cell era to xenoverse ones lore is that there is only supposed to be one timeline splitting is bad which is why U12 guy got his machine confiscated. It's not until Towa causes trouble Chronoa looks back and finds what trunks did iirc. She's had an easy job till then.

Chronoa sends the patroller to trunks time and the present why doesn't the one from trunks time get involved and or get annoyed about jurisdiction?

We know from zamasu that all the parallel times are weaker and you only narrowly win in xenoverse 1/2.

Where are these all time conquering villians who won in the other universe? Shouldn't their plans have gone off simultaneoisly. That'd make a bunch of demigras and towas too.

Also in XV2 when Zamasu has killed every universes Kaioshin but when he appears in the nest he said he forgot about her, implicitly because she's off seperatly doing seperate things. If she was from another universe and sharing double duty as a regular Kaioshin he'd just have not go to her yet not forgot her.

Also why are there 3 Gowasus over different timelines yet we know only 1 Chronoa and she's not at any of the other unis at the top.

It's simply not what's shown or makes sense.

Her ruling over the multiverse, no just time in the multiverse is too much it's why she needs help, in her defence there was never meant to be more then one timeline.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:22 am

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:52 pm
JewyB wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:42 am Saiyans have dreadlocks. All Saiyans.

This makes sense. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, I'm believing it.
It has just always made sense to me, i don't see saiyans brushing their hair(no combs in space, obviously) and dreadlocks can easily stand on end and get into these styles we see with the other saiyans.

Gohan i'd imagine having hair that wants so badly to dread and chi-chi combing the shit out of it(She doesn't do the same to Goten i guess, because he has to look like her dead husband, but thats a whole 'nother headcanon!)

BagetaSama
Beyond Newbie

Post by BagetaSama » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:37 pm I think this one falls in the #1 category. I have the anime's Vegito vs Zamasu.

I don't think Zamasu could've ever been 'defeated' without Vegito Blue's imput.
-The point of them fusing was, according to Gowasu, to hit Zamasu hard enough(harder than SSBKK moments prior) in order to unbalance his soul-body or whatever. So then he shoots his most powerful attack -in the manga the power coming from this attack was compared to Beerus, Zamasu tanks it inside of a dust cloud and comes out flying and laughing and Vegito defuses after punching him in the face. After that, a weakened Trunks jumps in, and is now fighting evenly with the fusion that was fighting Vegito Blue, even before going all genki sword and receiving ki from Goku and Vegeta.

-I believe the greater power Gowasu was talking about was the FKHH, that of course couldn't kill an immortal but weakened Zamasu enough for a weaker character to stand up to him and deal the finishing blow. This also happened in ep.131, when MUI had weakened Jiren enough for Freeza and 17 to be a problem for him.
This actually makes a lot of sense, and is head canon that makes the final sequence of that arc to be more tolerable.

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:31 am

Goku going rage mode on Jiren in #130 of the anime was what really caused Perfect Ultra Instinct to be destabilised. He's using a technique of mental emptiness, he shouldn't be going emotional Super Saiyan 2 mode, dangnabbit.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:34 pm

I had this headcanon before Goku Black's identity was revealed, but now it's pretty much defunct.

I initially had this idea that Goku Black was the result of Zamasu traveling back in time and giving Goku the Heart Virus. Upon Goku's death, the virus enters a special 20-year incubation process that will eventually resurrect him as Goku Black.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:47 pm

LoganForkHands73 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:31 am Goku going rage mode on Jiren in #130 of the anime was what really caused Perfect Ultra Instinct to be destabilised. He's using a technique of mental emptiness, he shouldn't be going emotional Super Saiyan 2 mode, dangnabbit.
That makes sense, after that moment he lasted mere seconds (going by the time scaling the ToP had), and prior to that he kept his cool to improve whenever Jiren had him against the ropes

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:34 pm I had this headcanon before Goku Black's identity was revealed, but now it's pretty much defunct.

I initially had this idea that Goku Black was the result of Zamasu traveling back in time and giving Goku the Heart Virus. Upon Goku's death, the virus enters a special 20-year incubation process that will eventually resurrect him as Goku Black.
It's a cool idea but 20 years is too long, plus it'd mean there's a black in cells timeline but with no zamasu to pick him up (unless it's unseen zamasu)
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:40 pm

I have a theory that perhaps why SSG is similar to Kaioken is because Kaioken is a very watered down god form. Maybe Kais can attune to god ki and in doing so King Kai somewhat made a makeshift god form that is heavily derived from the true god forms. Perhaps when Goku merges Kaioken with the god forms or in the manga uses the principles of it, it's because they are tied together in some way. Not saying Kaioken uses god ki just that maybe it's connected.