If you were a Saiyan, what path would you go through to get stronger?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

If you were a Saiyan, what path would you go through to get stronger?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:49 am

If you had the chance to have had inherited Saiyan blood from one or more of your ancestors, what would you have done when it would have come to training and what powers and abilities would you have strived for? Especially in the form of any transformations in the long-run?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If you were a Saiyan, what path would you go through to get stronger?

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Definitely the path of having my five friends hold my hand in a ceremony to give me god power within five minutes. Yeah, I would choose that over the alternative of training hard every day for my entire life.

Either that or the path of SSJ4, because SSJ4 is cool.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:51 pm

If I was a Saiyan, I'd just spam the DBs to achieve ultimate power. Why go through the excruciatingly-tedious training that Goku & Vegeta put themselves through when magic wish orbs can be used in succession to improve yourself? Just wish for your S-Cell count to reach it's peak and then transform into a SSJ at the first thing that irritates you. Or better yet, just wish to have whatever power you want to have, it doesn't have to end purely at a Saiyan's natural abilities.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:17 pm

You could just cheese it and use the Dragon Balls to wish for an unlimited amount of S-cells or something like that. Or try to get beaten up as much as possible to exploit zenkai boosts like Black did.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:22 pm

You becoming a saiyan doesn’t mean dragon balls also exist.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:14 pm

Considering that Saiyans only exist in a set of universes that contain magic wish orbs, you'd probably end up in DB's setting for the scenario to even be possible. That's what happened in that Shueisha meta tale in which a couple of DB fans ended up getting reincarnated as Yamcha & Chaozu, all as a game held by Beerus & Champa to see who would win in a contest between the two characters.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 pm

I'd move really big furniture for really big money and then just vibe the rest of the time

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:18 pm

First, train my weakness, the tail. Then, control myself while in Oozaru form, and rip my own tail off. Last, but not the least, retain the Oozaru power in human form. The difference between me and Broly is that I wouldn't have a traumatic event. It's based on choice and that alone.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:42 pm

I'd buck the trend and not bother to get strong at all, but instead become a brilliant scientist :lol:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:58 pm

I doubt there is anything in the Saiyan code of honor against augmenting your body: Android Body? Sure, why not. Get a Blutz Waves device inserted behind my eyes too.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:44 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:42 pm I'd buck the trend and not bother to get strong at all, but instead become a brilliant scientist :lol:
Ocean Bardock would be proud. I'd first get trained by all the Earthen masters I could, maybe even Tien and Yamcha if I could convince them. Learning Earth based techniques gives a basic basis for learning spirit control later. I'd then go to Namek for the Elder powerup or just skip to the Elder Kai powerup and go the Gohan route for a while of maximizing power without a transformation. At some point, I'd slip to Yardrat to master Spirit Control and then see if Whis could train me to eventually learn UI. The SSJ and SSG lines of transformation likely wouldn't be needed and Ultra Instinct would technically be the only transformation I'd use (since more and more it seems to have the specifications of a transformation). And to top it off, as a last resort, I'd learn Kaioken to have something in my backpocket in case my own power failed me for whatever reason.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 am

Buy a gravity machine.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:23 pm

Be a Saiyan like Broly, keep my tail and gain Super Saiyan 4. And master my Ikari and Oozaru forms.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:30 am

If I had my knowledge of Dragonball and became a saiyan I would train my tail. Then try to master SS and Great ape. Once I do that I'd go for SS4. SS3 would be just a personal goal of mine.

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:54 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:49 am If you had the chance to have had inherited Saiyan blood from one or more of your ancestors, what would you have done when it would have come to training and what powers and abilities would you have strived for? Especially in the form of any transformations in the long-run?
Super Saiyan God seems the easiest path. I don't really have the self-discipline or will to be training for decades for my pride. Hopefully, I'm a prodigy like Broly so I just have to fight for a few minutes to reach GoD levels, or just get my limitless latent power unlocked.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:01 pm

I would probably pull a yajirobe and hang out with my cat and eat beans all day.

Also once a month i'd probably go out of town to blow up somewhere shitty like Wales.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:06 am

Be Broly's offspring/descendant. That way, the power is already there, just need to be pushed to tap into it.

Could do without the traumatic event though...

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 am

Assuming we don't have Saiyan friends for God. Maybe I'd just try to get SSJ4, but you definitely run the risk of murdering innocent people doing that.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:10 am

Mac wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 am Assuming we don't have Saiyan friends for God. Maybe I'd just try to get SSJ4, but you definitely run the risk of murdering innocent people doing that.
Just fly to the desert.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:13 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:10 am
Mac wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:03 am Assuming we don't have Saiyan friends for God. Maybe I'd just try to get SSJ4, but you definitely run the risk of murdering innocent people doing that.
Just fly to the desert.
Or you can practice Meditation for several months before trying to transform into a Great Ape, a Golden Great Ape, and then a Super Saiyan 4.