10 man Tournament of Destroyers team.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

10 man Tournament of Destroyers team.

Post by TobyS » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:39 am

I wrote an incredibly detailed post but then it timed out and I lost everything, raging.

The gist was who do you think would be on the vs U6 team if it was suggested to be ten man from the jump.

The first four and Monaka last are the same, he's even more likely to use Monaka if he's only using a 10th of their slots and not a 5th.
So who do you think they recruit for the other 5?

In the top arc Goku suggests Roshi, Ten, and Kuririn in that order. That brings em to 8 with Monaka. Then he thinks of 18 and Vegeta suggests 17 too. So he heads there. 18 wont do it for free and Goku lies to her to get her to join.

Do you think he'd still lie here give the lower stakes and him correctly assuming the competition is not Toppo+ level?

17 almost definitely says no, Goku would have to lie about money, lie about stakes when there are not any, lie about the DB's being available for the boat when they are going to the GoD's. He might not even say 18 and Kuririn are going, especially is 18 isn't, and it's also not 17's last and final chance to pay his debt to Kuririn either.

At some point Vegeta says to leave the kids out of this, it's not 100% clear but it seems like he says it because the stakes are world ending and sad and stressful type of thing... So perhaps here he will let them come. Although they might arrogantly assume they don't need to bring the undisciplined kids as they correctly aren't expecting Toppo level resistance that will need more then the OG 5 to sweep.

Assuming they still leave the kids out, and the androids are out, during the ToP arc Bulma was a syllable away from remembering Yamcha before interrupted by a call from Satan she wont get here. So Yamcha is in. We are up to 9.

It's only when being one or two still short at the ToP that Vegeta is like "damn we are gonna have to use Gohan" So perhaps they never suggest him, and are happier to go with 9. Either way Gohan has his conference and even though there are some stakes and implications of earth moving it might not be enough to entice Gohan even if he is asked.

Either way they certainly aren't desperate enough to suggest Freeza. Beerus was only eating on earth because he thought it was his last chance to, so he's not there or stressed enough to make his comment about the dragon team defeating freezas army that reminds him of Freeza.

If they haven't found a tenth person by morning Ten originally suggests Chaozu as a replacement for a Yamcha he's assuming has chickened out. So he probably does that here.

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Mr Buu
Roshi
Tenshinhan
Kuririn

Yamcha
Gohan
Chaozu
Monaka

Do you think it plays out any differently?

For the U6 team it's gotta be the same, although Cabba might not be motivated enough to gamble on the unruly Kale and Cauli as he doesn't know about any stakes.... Perhaps they can be bribed...

Now for the Namekians is it at all implied that they thought of the Nameks after seeing Piccolo fight? Either way they aren't gonna fuse without those stakes. Cabba said he really didn't want to be in Caulis village and only was because Champa screamed to "do whatever it takes!" He probably just takes two random saiyan soldiers, and doesn't know he needs more power as this is his first time meeting U7

Hit
Frost
Auta Magetta
Botamo
Cabba
Saonel (unfused)
Pirina (unfused)
2nd best Saiyan soldier (no Kale)
3rd Best Saiyan soldier (no Caulifla)
Dr. Rota

As for how the matchups go they probably lead with Botamo hoping his hax can give them the win.

However the Dragon Team Roshambo'd to decide who'd go first, I'm not sure how that'd play out with 10 people....

I think pretty much anyone could eventually figure out to ring him out, but he doesn't seem completely weak himself. He does cause Goku sooome trouble, it's revealed Goku needs to warm up but even have that he's having to concentrate somewhat. They also comment on his hax giving trouble to Goku who is stronger, but they never actually say that Botamo is *weak* just that Goku is strong, I think he could give trouble to the humans conceivably but there isn't really any data to tell. The only people who ever beat Botamo is Goku, 17 and Piccolo in Xenoverse 2. We don't really have any way to scale his power. Goku does dodge his desperate last blasts with a mere head tilt and a smile though so his Goku pushing feats aren't even consistent...

I don't think they'd clump the saiyans all together and they are probably trash even weaker than base Cabba. They'd make good wins for the humans imo. The trouble is it'd need Piccolo, Vegeta or Goku to beat Botamo and they would only give the humans a chance if they lost as it's winner stays on I think, but the only person they'd lose to is Frost or Hit who could also beat the humans, so unless the humans can beat Botamo they aren't going to get access to the Nameks or Saiyans probably which is annoying.

Unless Tenshinhans kikoho is enough to take out Frost after Goku has beaten him up and Piccolo has made him expend his ki even further.

I think the two other saiyans and Nameks are trash here and Dr Rota is a wild card too. The rest of the fights play out the same. Piccolo probably isn't forced to abdicate for Vegeta to punish given there's more fights to come which Piccolo has a chance in potentially and so on.

What do you think happens? Who do you think is on both teams?

Most interestingly perhaps how does this affect the ToP? U6 and U7 have more dirt on each other. They probably replace the 2 weak saiyans with Kale and Cauli and the Nameks fuse as normal.

U7 is probably badly affected. With a ready made team of 10 they probably add Gohan to replace Monaka, they probably don't think to ask for Freeza because they aren't short of people even though he'd be a better choice.

Two of the trio of Chaozu/Yamcha/Roshi is kicked off for the androids but one of them is invited back when Mr. Buu falls alseep.
I guess they probably pick Yamcha now he's back in their minds and as of the Moro arc still said with no contradiction to be the third strongest human. So it all comes down to who do they pick Roshi or Chaozu. This poses a problem if Roshi isn't there to give his lesson to Goku and it's one of those "everyone dies" situations...

Their only chance might be that they have their full team pretty much ready to go at the beginning of the 40 hours, and know where 17 is. I think this gives them time to IT everyone into the room of spirit and time for a year or mores training. Gohan was only able to get "unrusty" originally and then got a huge power up versus Kefla despite this. Their big chance is two fold. Gohan getting really high into Blue tier, or like near his Moro level. Piccolo getting strong too. Maybe Ten and Yamcha can learn fusion and not fall victim to Frost. If someone has a eureka moment at the mention of a "year" and realises they can stuff the sleeping Buu in here till he wakes up too and they bring him instead of Chaozu or Roshi they might be able to eke out a win, either from healing spam, Tenshinku god fusion Kikoho, Gohan getting strong or some combination at least allowing them to stall Jiren out and winning with numbers. Their big problem is no UI going forward into Moro (or Heores if you are into that) but perhaps they can take him out earlier if they remember the Buu sleep time chamber cheat when they fight Moro on earth.

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Mr Buu
Tenshinhan
Kuririn
Monaka
Gohan
Yamcha
Roshi/Chaozu
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.