Would Anything Happen If Son Goku Would Have Used The Attack He Had Used To Defeat Piccolo Daimaō With More Often?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would Anything Happen If Son Goku Would Have Used The Attack He Had Used To Defeat Piccolo Daimaō With More Often?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:04 pm

What would happen if Son Goku were to have used his finishing move on Piccolo Daimaō in Dragon Ball later on during the events of Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball Super, and Dragon Ball GT? Like for an example, Son Goku would have decided to work on perfecting the very exact same move he had used to defeat Piccolo Daimaō with upon Son Goku himself failing to even hit Mr. Popo with the very exact same technique?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Would Anything Happen If Son Goku Would Have Used The Attack He Had Used To Defeat Piccolo Daimaō With More Often?

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am

Naturally it would fail because it would be anti-climatic to have every villain end up with a hole in their chest. He used it against Super 17 after a long break though.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would Anything Happen If Son Goku Would Have Used The Attack He Had Used To Defeat Piccolo Daimaō With More Often?

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:36 pm

He did perfect the technique, and it’s called the Dragon Fist. We’ve seen against Hirudegarn, Super 17, and others that with this move Goku can penetrate people tiers stronger than himself.

Theoretically he could have done it to Freeza but the Dragon Fist wasn’t mastered back then, and he probably couldn’t land that hit on Freeza anyway.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:50 am

It might have worked against most villains that needed their abdomen intact to survive but the moment that opponents with regeneration began to appear, the move would've been a waste of energy. That's ultimately what happened with Super Yi Xing Long and the super dragon fist.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: