Dragon Ball GT: Electric Slime Benchmark

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JFK

Dragon Ball GT: Electric Slime Benchmark

Post by JFK » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:15 pm

In episode 50, Rage Shenron traps Pan and Goku in electric slime. Increasing the voltage to 50% causes Pan to faint. Increasing it further causes Base Goku to faint too.

Pan can't be too far off Base Goku, then, I suppose? A 5 to his 10?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball GT: Electric Slime Benchmark

Post by theherodjl » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Pan's best fighting "feat" up til that point was holding Dr. Gero/Android 20 in a headlock but there's just so much range in between Base Goku & Gero by that point. Goku continued to improve throughout GT so he could be anywhere from his SSJ3 self from Z to some percentage of Super Vegetto's power just in his base form, a figure hundreds of times greater than Gero at minimum. Pan can be only twice as strong as Gero to ten times to even a hundred times and still be significantly weaker than Base Goku.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:51 am

Well voltage is not a measure of energy or power, but rather the difference in electric potential between two points.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JFK

Post by JFK » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:02 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:08 pm Pan's best fighting "feat" up til that point was holding Dr. Gero/Android 20 in a headlock [...]
Not true, my friend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4kDRsZDbg4 There's Pan injuring a fighter "as strong as Boo."

Other feats include defeating one of Rilldo's robot henchmen, who should be pretty beefy just going by scaling, and making Naturon Shenron a lot more formidable when he absorbed her.

The conflicts, pressures and tribulations of GT skyrocket Pan's power. Her muscle fibres and ki are extremely receptive to growth. By the time she slugs Rilldo, she's already at least Z SSj2 tier. By the time the Rage Shenron fight rolls around, the writers apparently had her not too far off Base Goku, going by the electricity scene.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:51 am Well voltage is not a measure of energy or power, but rather the difference in electric potential between two points.
Rage mentions increasing the voltage, and the electricity becomes visibly more potent. It's pretty clear from where I'm sitting that the writers meant MORE POWAH.

JFK

Post by JFK » Thu May 06, 2021 8:24 am

I am bumping this because I feel like it's an under-discussed topic. What does everyone think? Was Pan catching up to Goku?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat May 15, 2021 3:24 pm

I can't think of any major feats off the top of my head but I do remember Pan having a lot of raw power in the series, but the writing never let her shine in battle.