How would Future Trunks react if he saw the Dragon Team shoot down Bulma's idea to find Dr Gero with the Dragon Balls?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

How would Future Trunks react if he saw the Dragon Team shoot down Bulma's idea to find Dr Gero with the Dragon Balls?

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:24 am

Let's say he chose to stay in the past after giving his warning in order to get in some proper training, while still keeping his identity a secret from his parents.

Personally, I think he'd have a meltdown that would make the one he had outside Gero's lab later in the arc look mild in comparison. In addition to that, it'd probably be a real shock to the system to see Goku, who he'd been hearing amazing stories about his whole life, casually choose to put the planet and everyone on it at risk just so he could fight the two tyrannical, genocidal monsters who had made Trunks' life a living hell.

I imagine he'd make a strong case in support of Bulma's suggestion, enough to sway Krillin and Yamcha, and possibly Gohan and Piccolo too. Whether that'd be enough to change Goku's mind, however, I'm not entirely sure. Vegeta would obviously be against it, but he wouldn't be able to act on his threats with two Super Saiyans present.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How would Future Trunks react if he saw the Dragon Team shoot down Bulma's idea to find Dr Gero with the Dragon Ball

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:36 am

He'd be outraged I feel. He didn't have the luxury of the Dragonballs so he probably didn't have them in mind. However, after being reminded by Bulma's logical idea he'd be furious to hear them hesitate. He'd recommend they at least find it and maybe even warn Gero.

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: How would Future Trunks react if he saw the Dragon Team shoot down Bulma's idea to find Dr Gero with the Dragon Ball

Post by LightBing » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Interesting question.

My first instinct was to say how outraged he would be, not sure if that would be quite right. This course of action would bring Trunks and his timeline no benefit, which is a big part of why he went back in time.

Trunks might go along with it to motivate everyone to get stronger, specially Goku. Following his hope that in this scenario everything would turn out great for both timelines.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:52 pm

It would likely sour his opinion of Goku and Vegeta. Trunks is something of a pragmatist when it comes to nipping megalomaniacs and world ending killers in the bud. None of them have any reason to refuse Bulma's proposed strategy except their own selfish gratification. No, I suspect Trunks would ask Bulma to give him the Dragon Radar so he can locate the Dragon Balls, wish for the laboratory's location, and then hunt down Gero himself. If worst comes to worst then he would probably smack his father into submission or something.

If the interest of building up their power is the concern then they could always discuss with Trunks just how strong the cyborgs in his timeline were then proceeding to train earnestly anyway. It's not like they won't have a menace to confront when Babidi, Dabura, and their ilk arrive.