How to Fix SSj4

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How to Fix SSj4

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:36 pm Make it brown furr and red eyes also make it a permanente state once a Saiyan reach this form you never come back and you can stack Super Saiyan over it.
Kinda exactly my idea from the vid, except for the permanent part hehe. You can even stack Blue etc

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:09 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:12 amAlternatively, you could have him retain the green coloration of his Full Power Super Saiyan form and get something like this:

This is pretty badass looking, but honestly I'd rather have SSJ4 elevate someone to relevancy that isn't currently OP as fuck. If/when Broly gets incorporated into the story, he's already going to be one of the strongest characters going, if not the strongest. I'd like to see SSJ4 bring someone else into the fold. Can you imagine having SSJ Blue Vegeta, UI Goku, LSSJ Broly, and a SSJ4 character all going to town on a villain at the same time? I would be fucking ecstatic.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:52 pm

I'll quote myself from another thread since I've already gone over how I'd personally rewrite SS4:
I always felt Super Saiyan 4 would have been more interesting if it shared the same drawbacks as Oozaru: needing a full moon in order to transform, or essentially cutting one's power in half by using an artificial power ball; maybe the user would even progressively lose more and more of his personality the more time he spent in the form. It would have made for some interesting scenarios where Goku would have to choose between using SS3 for immediate power at the risk of energy drain, or cutting his power in half to go SS4 for less power than SS3 but he wouldn't have to deal with Ki drainage. Alternatively, he could stall for time and wait until night so he could turn SS4 at full power, or use one of Bulma's machines, or use a planet in the sky as a catalyst, etc. And even after accessing the full power of SS4, he'd have to be careful not to abuse it or else he'd turn into a raging monster. I'd prefer this to the all-powerful, no-drawback form we essentially got that renders all the other forms obsolete. Drawbacks are what make the more powerful forms like SS3, and the god forms in the manga, interesting in execution, so SS4 despite its cool design is comparatively boring; it's just a mere power boost.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am

Yuji wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:52 pm I'll quote myself from another thread since I've already gone over how I'd personally rewrite SS4:
I always felt Super Saiyan 4 would have been more interesting if it shared the same drawbacks as Oozaru: needing a full moon in order to transform, or essentially cutting one's power in half by using an artificial power ball; maybe the user would even progressively lose more and more of his personality the more time he spent in the form. It would have made for some interesting scenarios where Goku would have to choose between using SS3 for immediate power at the risk of energy drain, or cutting his power in half to go SS4 for less power than SS3 but he wouldn't have to deal with Ki drainage. Alternatively, he could stall for time and wait until night so he could turn SS4 at full power, or use one of Bulma's machines, or use a planet in the sky as a catalyst, etc. And even after accessing the full power of SS4, he'd have to be careful not to abuse it or else he'd turn into a raging monster. I'd prefer this to the all-powerful, no-drawback form we essentially got that renders all the other forms obsolete. Drawbacks are what make the more powerful forms like SS3, and the god forms in the manga, interesting in execution, so SS4 despite its cool design is comparatively boring; it's just a mere power boost.
I'm totally fine with the way it is, but your idea also sounds pretty cool. Seeing how SSJ4 already makes you more brutal it would be cool if idea of losing personality was a thing. That would obviously not work for Vegeta, but for Goku it could be fun as he would need to defeat his opponents fast enough to not lose rationality. If not for SSJ4, then hypothetical SSJ5 could use such mechanic.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Locutus

Post by Locutus » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 am

I'd keep it the same, design wise.

The creators of GT revealed they made it with the idea that it was the "real" super saiyan of Legend. I would probably go with that idea, tbh.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:26 pm

the design is debatable since it is subjective ... but I would prefer something simpler and without so much hair

That there is a special training for it I think that the case of broly how to train in a wild and dangerous environment helped him a lot

and just not call it super saiyan

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:14 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am
Yuji wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:52 pm I'll quote myself from another thread since I've already gone over how I'd personally rewrite SS4:
I'm totally fine with the way it is, but your idea also sounds pretty cool. Seeing how SSJ4 already makes you more brutal it would be cool if idea of losing personality was a thing. That would obviously not work for Vegeta, but for Goku it could be fun as he would need to defeat his opponents fast enough to not lose rationality. If not for SSJ4, then hypothetical SSJ5 could use such mechanic.
The making you more brutal thing is questionable for SSJ4 I'd say. But I too like it just the way it is.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

UltraInstinctRorikon
Beyond Newbie

Post by UltraInstinctRorikon » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm

I love the hair, I love the eyeliner, I love the animalistic look.

Truly the apex of transformations.
We the ones

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:57 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm I love the hair, I love the eyeliner, I love the animalistic look.

Indeed. I do love that form. Its primal, its powerful is awesome.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:47 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:09 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:12 amAlternatively, you could have him retain the green coloration of his Full Power Super Saiyan form and get something like this:

This is pretty badass looking, but honestly I'd rather have SSJ4 elevate someone to relevancy that isn't currently OP as fuck. If/when Broly gets incorporated into the story, he's already going to be one of the strongest characters going, if not the strongest. I'd like to see SSJ4 bring someone else into the fold. Can you imagine having SSJ Blue Vegeta, UI Goku, LSSJ Broly, and a SSJ4 character all going to town on a villain at the same time? I would be fucking ecstatic.
Late reply, I know, but let's be honest. We all know that Goku and Vegeta will find some powerup that is even stronger than Ultra Instinct. My guess is they will find a way to combine it with Super Saiyan Blue, like how Goku combined Kaioken with Super Saiyan Blue. At that point, if they bring Broly back, he can realistically be considered behind them at that point. Then Super Saiyan 4 could be the form that allows Broly to retain his OP status. The villain would have to be one tough guy to stand up against all three of them at once, though... Unless Broly IS the villain.

As for who else could get it to elevate them back to relevancy, well, maybe they could have Gotenks learn how to go SS4. Since SS4 uses the Saiyan's base form hair color, the purple would be a nice touch and would help him stand out quite a bit. It always bothered me how Gotenks lost his unique hair when he went Super, and this would rectify that by making his highest form keep his base form colors. And since they learned SS3 by watching Goku, they could learn SS4 by watching Broly.

But I don't see this happening, since Toei refuses to let Goten and Trunks grow up... And Goku and Vegeta have consistently been the stars of the show, so the second generation Saiyans getting a turn seems unlikely.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:21 pm

UltraInstinctRorikon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:50 pm I love the hair, I love the eyeliner, I love the animalistic look.

There are ways in which I like it too, I just think the point in time it was introduced was rather unfortunate because it just didn't look like it was stronger than all those golden haired forms. That's why I think it'd be way, way cooler if both the hair and the fur were golden, and the base form had brown fur just like the monkey itself.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 pm

Super Saiyan 4 is a great form! Everything about it feels like a natural evolution of Saiyan transformation abilities: what happens when you've transcended beyond your normal power and control the Oozaru form? You become this! A fully-controlled, human-sized Oozaru.
The golden eyes and feral look harken back to Sun Wukong, which is fitting. Rename it to something other than Super Saiyan 4 and we have a winner.

I mean it's too late now because Super Saiyan 4 has existed for almost two decades as a highly marketable form, but it's not a bad idea.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:32 pm Super Saiyan 4 is a great form! Everything about it feels like a natural evolution of Saiyan transformation abilities: what happens when you've transcended beyond your normal power and control the Oozaru form? You become this! A fully-controlled, human-sized Oozaru.
The golden eyes and feral look harken back to Sun Wukong, which is fitting. Rename it to something other than Super Saiyan 4 and we have a winner.

I mean it's too late now because Super Saiyan 4 has existed for almost two decades as a highly marketable form, but it's not a bad idea.
well, they are still using Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan for Blue, so I guess they can start to call it in another way in-media while keeping SS4 as the "official" term

I'm personally favorable to "True Super Saiyan"