How strong is non Majin Dabra?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:18 pm

I think we have no statements or feats?
Does Majin only bring you to your limits not beyond them like mystic right?

Non Majin Vegeta thinks he can take Dabra with his SS2 which will be about Cell games Gohan, (because Majin Vegeta and Goku are not much stronger then Cell games Gohan according to Piccolo)

Yet Dabra is initially compared to Cell, then revised above slightly above that.

It all depends on how much you think Dabra trains and how much he had unlocked without Babidis help. He could even be equally powerful. The majin seal and potential release spells are two steps of the process. He'd majinise him to control him but the powerup part might have done nothing...

What's your guess?

I'd give him the same smaller boost that Vegeta got. So if he's stronger then SS1 Gohan but weaker then Rusty SS2 Gohan i'd say without Majin he'd be equal or about a little under the Gohan he fought.

What do you think?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: How strong is non Majin Dabra?

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Manipulation Sorcery
First Appearance: Chapter 456
Category: sorcery
People: Babidi
Special Characteristics: This penetrates into the heart crevices of those with evil hearts, putting them under Babidi’s control, and at the same time drawing that person’s hidden power out beyond their limits. Those taken in by this art, like Dabura and Yakon, become Babidi’s subordinates and are denoted by an M-shaped mark sealed on their forehead.

It does elevate a person's strength beyond their natural limits. If anything, though, I would argue that the Ultimate power up is more efficient since it redistributes all transformational power into a base like state. Babidi's Majinisation doesn't appear to have that trait. Really, I think it could only equal Elder Kaioshin's unlock if you take into account the potential vitality and endurance that was seen with Spopovich. In that case, it's a matter of stamina and ease of use versus enhanced physical resilience. Take your pick.

We know Dabura was declared the strongest being in the demon realm. There's not really anyone to compare him to, however. We could possibly make the assessment that a pre-Majinised Dabura was at least stronger than Freeza as Shin was describing him as the strongest of the demon world -- presumably taking into account his power and authority prior to Babidi enslaving him -- while comparing him to the likes of Goku and the other Saiyans. You still have a wide margin existing there, however.

I don't know. If I had to compare Dabura without Babidi's enhancements to anyone then I would likely go with the Cell Games Super Saiyans or, at worst, the heavily suppressed Perfect Cell/SSJ Grade III Trunks.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 pm

The Majin power up could've been a substantial power up for many but for the individuals seen in the story, it wasn't that impressive. If Dabura only powered up to the same degree as Vegeta, non-Majin Dabura would've been on FPSSJ Kid Gohan's level. If his power up was actually greater than Vegeta's, Dabura could've been at any level of the other Saiyans during the Cell Games.
I'd at least have a non-Majinized Dabura at Shin's level bare minimum.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:15 pm

theherodjl wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:46 pm The Majin power up could've been a substantial power up for many but for the individuals seen in the story, it wasn't that impressive. If Dabura only powered up to the same degree as Vegeta, non-Majin Dabura would've been on FPSSJ Kid Gohan's level. If his power up was actually greater than Vegeta's, Dabura could've been at any level of the other Saiyans during the Cell Games.
I'd at least have a non-Majinized Dabura at Shin's level bare minimum.
Good thinking. Do we know if Shin knows about the power up aspect of his mind control?

Because dabras presence being like an “oh shit” moment could mean I think that Dabra non majin is still stronger then Shin.

Even if he knows about the powerup he'd have to know for sure Dabra has the necessary untapped potential that allows Dabra to otherwise leapfrog shins own power... so it leans towards Dabra already being stronger imo.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.