Making Potara fusion not permanent was a bad idea.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nodeo-Franvier

Making Potara fusion not permanent was a bad idea.

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:18 am

Since potara fusion was supposed to be a permanent and slightly more powerful version of the fusion dance making it last only 30 minutes render fusion dance totally irrelevant.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Making Potara fusion not permanent was a bad idea.

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:04 am

If there is no Kaioshin around to deliver Potara, wouldn’t Metamoran dance be convenient?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:57 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:04 am If there is no Kaioshin around to deliver Potara, wouldn’t Metamoran dance be convenient?
Yeah but the Kis can teleport anywhere and sense any battlepower above SS3 anywhere...

Maybe if stranded in a hostile universe, it made no sense to use Gogeta in the movie, it was just to sell toys cards and games.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:35 am

I don't agree with removing the eternal side of the Potara but I can live with it, so it's not forever, ok.

What really was a bad idea -and they knew that and changed it for the Broly movie- was making it impossible to use with SSB.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:35 am I don't agree with removing the eternal side of the Potara but I can live with it, so it's not forever, ok.

What really was a bad idea -and they knew that and changed it for the Broly movie- was making it impossible to use with SSB.
It's not impossible to use with blue? They used it against Zamasu, it didn't last the full hour but it lasted more then 30.

Unless I'm missing what you are saying...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:18 pm

TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:04 pm It's not impossible to use with blue? They used it against Zamasu, it didn't last the full hour but it lasted more then 30.
Was it said how much it lasted?

There was a time limit of 5 minutes when combining metamoran fusion with SS3 in the manga. I’m not sure how it works with god forms in either version of fusion or storyline, but I guess the further they get into Super Saiyan the less it lasts?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:47 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:18 pm
TobyS wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:04 pm It's not impossible to use with blue? They used it against Zamasu, it didn't last the full hour but it lasted more then 30.
Was it said how much it lasted?

There was a time limit of 5 minutes when combining metamoran fusion with SS3 in the manga. I’m not sure how it works with god forms in either version of fusion or storyline, but I guess the further they get into Super Saiyan the less it lasts?
So Zamasu is predicted to last an hour, they hold out for a couple of seconds/mins they then fuse themselves, so they should last longer.
When they split early due to the power presumably or it "not being meant for mortals". Gowasu says Zamasu has about 20 minutes left and Goku is healed and starts using completed Blue.

So given there's less then 10 minutes before they fuse and less then 30 left after they split they clearly last more than 30 minutes, making it still superior to fusion, you can't fuck up the dance and don't need to teach new people to match it on the fly. Elder kai even alluded to it being stronger.

You just need the earrings, which to someone like Goku is easy to get. Even if he cant sense Shin he could contact him through Kaio and be back quicker then you can even perform the dance.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:37 pm

I still don’t see where it’s specified how much time the fusion lasts and how much time they fight separately. Why are you saying they fought for 10 minutes and then fought fused for more than 30 minutes?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:37 pm I still don’t see where it’s specified how much time the fusion lasts and how much time they fight separately. Why are you saying they fought for 10 minutes and then fought fused for more than 30 minutes?
They fused after zamasu did and defused before.
When they defuse Gowasu says Zamasu has about 20 minutes left.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:59 pm

Potara was never permanent for mortals, out of universe it was a retcon, in universe Old kai is operating under limited knowledge.

Also there is always a reason for either fusion. Potara is better if Goku and Vegeta don't have time to use the dance. Gogeta is better if they can't get access to Potara earrings.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:09 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:17 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:37 pm I still don’t see where it’s specified how much time the fusion lasts and how much time they fight separately. Why are you saying they fought for 10 minutes and then fought fused for more than 30 minutes?
Yeah, they were fused for less than 40 minutes, but why are you assuming they were fused for more than 30 minutes?!

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:04 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:09 pm
TobyS wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:17 pm
Yeah, they were fused for less than 40 minutes, but why are you assuming they were fused for more than 30 minutes?!
Oh I see what you meant now, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say but I don't think they could have held out for ten minutes without completed blue.