This is the greatest take on Jiren I have ever read

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

BagetaSama
Not-So-Newbie

Re: This is the greatest take on Jiren I have ever read

Post by BagetaSama » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:26 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:44 pm
Unless I misremember, which is possible, his master dies at the same time as some of his friends and when the others leave him.
Even if that were true, I don't think it is, it wouldn't change much.
ankokudaishogun wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:44 pm
They were his first loss and, most important, we don't know the actual relationship between Jiren and his Anime Master.
The "loss" itself doesn't really matter. It has nothing to do with why he doesn't trust people. He doesn't trust people because his fellow pupils didn't join him trying to avenge his master, and he felt betrayed by those he trusted. Therefore he has trust issues and doesn't value teamwork as a result.

ankokudaishogun
OMG CRAZY REG

Re: This is the greatest take on Jiren I have ever read

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:04 am

Jiren's solitude isn't out of fear of being BETRAYED.

it's out of fear of LOSING PEOPLE He became strong so he wouldn't lose anything anymore, but also kept people away because even with his power he still did fear losing them if he were to get closer to them, be it by death or leaving him.

Check his speech going Super Full Power: it's all about not losing people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrPeyJGw1A