What's your best theory of zeno's origin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What's your best theory of zeno's origin?

Post by flashback0180 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:55 am

I personally think he has parents and the grand priest is his nanny , the angels are just his personal maids.

Zeno's parents overwatch the greater multiverse, the present DB multiverse are like toys given for zeno to play with and learn from.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What's your best theory of zeno's origin?

Post by PurestEvil » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 am

flashback0180 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:55 am I personally think he has parents and the grand priest is his nanny , the angels are just his personal maids.

Zeno's parents overwatch the greater multiverse, the present DB multiverse are like toys given for zeno to play with and learn from.
He is timeless, having existed for infinity before and will exist infinity beyond.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:19 am

He just pop out *POP!*

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:54 am

Two theories:

1) Zalama was the original creator of the Gods and Omni King of the cosmos. This assumption in made on several elements, such as the fact that he created an omnipotent, galaxy-sized dragon (so he must be well-versed in the arts of Creation), and that not even the Destroyers and Angels can undo the immortality granted by him (as evidenced with Zamasu).

One day, Zalama went evil or rogue or missing. Either of the 3. This forces the Grand Priest to create Zeno to fill the power vacuum. Notice how both Zeno and the Grand Priest can erase people with no problem. This would also explain why Grand Priest seems to act as a sort of regent for Zeno.

2) Zeno, Zalama, and Zuno were once merged into one entity, but something happened and they split into three separate forms of a "Supreme God". Zeno is omnipotent, Zalama is omnipresent (you could say he is, because the Dragon Balls created by him are spread throughout two entire universes, and his dragon creation is the size of multiple galaxies, so he'd be omnipresent for the people of those galaxies), Zuno is omniscient. This would explain why Zeno and Zuno are useful only in one field, and utterly useless in everything else. Zeno is useful only at destroying stuff, for the rest he's a dumb kid. Zuno is useful only at knowing stuff, for the rest he's a lazy weakling who can be easily killed by Zamasu, a Supreme Kai apprentice.

Fast-forward to the Future Trunks arc and Zamasu dubs himself "The Supreme God" and claims that he is the "Power" of the universe, the "Knowledge" of the universe, and the "Law" of the universe. My theory is that Zamasu was trying to become that Supreme God that Zeno, Zuno, and Zalama once formed, which is why he dubbed himself "The one and only God the cosmos needs, Supreme God, etc.", and why he specifically mentioned those three attributes. Power = Zeno, Knowledge = Zuno, Law = Zalama, I guess. He was so crafty that maybe on top of the Dragon Balls he also created the laws of the Gods, like the prohibition to time travel.

The second theory is very Toriyama-ish so I lean more towards that. It's the identical concept of how Kami and King Piccolo came to be. One Namekian split into a Good side and an Evil side. Likewise, one God split into an omnipotent side, omniscient side, and omnipresent side.

Regardless it's obvious that Zeno and Zalama are somehow connected. It's not a coincidence that the writers are keeping both Zeno's origins and Zalama's whereabouts a mystery. And it's not a coincidence that only Zeno can erase an immortal being, and only Zalama can restore the universes erased by Zeno. And it's also not a coincidence that Zeno and the Super Dragon Balls first appeared in the same arc. These two are obviously linked in some way.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:03 am

Zen-oh is the being created and put in charge by Tori-bot. Tori-bot created the DB universe, as well as others, and ruled over them in a place no character could reach unless he wanted them to.

However as the deity got older, he found the DB universe growing and expanding far beyond what he originally planned, even becoming a multiverse in its own right. This was caused by some outside force, who’s energies were fuelling and expanding his creation.

At first he was unshore what to do, though he loved his creation this multiverse was far to large for an old god like him to run and maintain. Then he had an idea. He took the strange energy that was feeding the multiverse and crafted it into a new young deity who could rule the universes in his stead. This was Zen-oh, a being both wise but also gifted with the eternal energy and capriciousness of youth, something even Tori-bot himself lacked.

He the created the angels to help Zen-oh in his task, packed his bags and took a long needed vacation.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:40 pm

The split theory is my favourite. Zeno, Zuno and Zalama forming some sort of divine Megazord.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:40 pm The split theory is my favourite. Zeno, Zuno and Zalama forming some sort of divine Megazord.
I like that too, but it probably won't be the case.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:53 am

Zeno could be a universe-destroying object, not unlike the Ultimate Nullifier from Marvel, that was given a basic consciousness . It would explain why he is so simple-minded and why his one, great power is to eliminate whichever & whatever from existence. He could have been created by Zalama or a wish on the Super DBs from some time long ago, unwittingly becoming the lord over all creation as a result of accidentally(or purposefully) eradicating Zalama.
Who is going to dispute the rule of an imp that can erase multiple universes by merely raising his little hand?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:15 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 am
flashback0180 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:55 am I personally think he has parents and the grand priest is his nanny , the angels are just his personal maids.

He is timeless, having existed for infinity before and will exist infinity beyond.
Is that a stated fact? I think he does age , just VERY slow.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:13 pm

flashback0180 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:15 am
PurestEvil wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:56 am

Is that a stated fact? I think he does age , just VERY slow.
Maybe in 100 billion years he'll go through puberty.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147