I actually wrote a summary of an intro for a hypothetical DBS Cooler a while back. The story as a whole isn't fully developed, since that's all I made. Here it is:
After the events of DBS: Broly, Frieza has been trying to find a way to conclusively defeat Goku, Vegeta and Beerus so that he can conquer the universe. He's given up on Broly, this time he'll do it himself. Taking inspiration from how Super Saiyan was a legend come true, Frieza begins researching every myth and legend he can find across the universe in order to exploit them. Most of the legends are duds or just minor "divine water" type deals, but eventually, one of his men actually finds something promising. Killing the researcher so that only he knows about it, Frieza sets off towards a secluded planet.
On the remote world, a mountainous rock that doesn't stand out much at all, Frieza begins searching for caves, following the myth. It gets a little messy since Frieza is impatient, a lot of the planet is blown to smithereens, but eventually, he finds the promised cave. Frieza enters the cave, walking in complete darkness for a little while. Then, he steps into a magnificent light; he enters a cavern filled with glittering crystals. Frieza cackles, as this is exactly what the legends described. In this crystal cavern, Frieza can become all-powerful! Then, in the shadows, the silhouette of a person becomes just barely visible. The figure begins to speak, and Frieza's laughter ends immediately.
"It's been a long time, my dimwit brother." (I added this part as a joke, obviously. He doesn't need to say that.)
As far as your questions/requirements go, I'll have to spitball a bit, but here goes:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:22 pm
I won't go into a lot of detail in the main post since it's directed towards everyone (even me) so I'd imagine that what your story is required to have is:
- connection to the pre-existing lore,
- how will the characters interact in the story,
- what will their motives be,
- when will it take place (I guess a followup to DBS manga's Moro arc?),
- how will they change Universe 7 and
- what theme will the story have (all out war, a mysterious plot, a tournament etc).
1. As far as pre-existing
lore goes, there wouldn't be all that much of it. Instead, this connects back to Frieza and particularly King Cold's backstory, and would expand on it quite a bit by adding new lore. Essentially, it "fills a gap" in the existing lore. It'd be explained later on in the story that Cooler was exiled (more like left for dead) by King Cold after Frieza was born, since Frieza was much more of a prodigy than him, and was considered to fit much better as heir to the empire. Cooler wasn't very strong, and he lacked the sheer, natural evil Frieza had (but he's not a good person either, mind you).
2. Cooler would be the opposite of Frieza in many ways. He's still evil, but he's serious rather than arrogant, stoic rather than cocky. Vegeta would take a liking to him, in relative terms at least. They both agree on disliking Frieza and wanting to destroy him and his empire, even if their reasons for doing so are different. Several other characters, such as Piccolo, can also see a positive in Cooler's quest, though they're all obviously wary of what might happen to the universe if he succeeds. Goku, on the other hand, is a fair bit more positive to Frieza, as we've seen in canon. This automatically makes him an enemy of Cooler. Beerus is also not on Cooler's side, half because Frieza helped in the ToP and he gifted him a new life in return, and half because of the specifics of how Cooler managed to get strong. It eventually gets to a point where Goku ends up defending
Frieza, which is obviously a bad move, and it's what causes the main battle to begin.
3. Cooler intends on crushing Frieza and his empire, as he feels his birthright was stolen from him. It's unknown what Cooler intends to do after succeeding, even to himself, as he's pretty much devoted his life to that one goal. Maybe he'd create his own empire, or maybe he'd just continue to destroy things.
4. Everything in Super seems to happen in the same general timeframe. This would happen in that timeframe as well. Any point after DBS: Broly will work.
5. This story impacts the role Frieza's empire has in the universe. So the power structure of the universe is shaken, if not completely changed. The way Cooler gains power is also not specific to him, and that method, along with all the other researched legends, become available as ways for characters to power up if later plots would call for it.
6. I'm not sure if I can point at a very specific theme, but the story highlights the way the characters think. Their moral compasses and all that. There's also something pretty big in there about holding on to or letting go of the past. This is intended as a movie-style story, so it wouldn't be super complex, though.