How Strong Does A Fighter Need To Be To Decimate An Entire Civilization?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How Strong Does A Fighter Need To Be To Decimate An Entire Civilization?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:47 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 amA lot of people say that but it's very inconsistent. Goku was twice as strong as Nappa but Nappa actually held his own when he focused in. KKx3 Kamehameha was more than 33% stronger than Galick Gun, yet they were stalemated. It's also stated at multiple points that a team up attack could work on vastly stronger opponents like Freeza.
I think every fight is different based on the people involved. 33% difference can be a stomp when you're facing a wimp like Cui, but someone like Goku has the ability to hold his own even when people are much more powerful than he is. Kid Boo had a 4x difference on Vegeta and he couldn't keep Vegeta down.
It also doesnt help that once a fighter gives up, their power may drop spectacularly. The difference in power between Dodoria & Vegeta was ~20% yet Vegeta reduced Dodoria to ash once he turned coward and attempted to flee. Then later on, Vegeta himself gave up trying to fight Freeza and let Freeza effortlessly massacre his body. Had either guy at least tried to go down fighting, their defeat would have taken quite a bit more effort than what was put out.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How Strong Does A Fighter Need To Be To Decimate An Entire Civilization?

Post by Helios518 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:42 am

nickzambuto wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 am
Helios518 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:38 pm
nickzambuto wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:09 am
I don't even think Ginyu could conquer planet Vegeta. Guys like Vegeta and Bardock would be way too close to him in their Great Ape forms, plus an army of other saiyans. I don't even think the whole Ginyu Force could do it.

Wiping out the saiyans was a job for Freeza alone, which is why he did it instead of sending someone else.

DBZ had a 33% difference in power be a stomp (E.G Vegeta vs Cui). If King Vegeta were to go Oozaru, Ginyu would be 20% stronger likely meaning he would handly defeat Oozaru King Vegeta. Also it's debatable if Bardock is even near King Vegeta's power level anymore because of the DB Minus retcon. Besides that, even if the rest of the Saiyans managed to go Oozaru, they're still way too weak to not get stomped by Ginyu. None of this is taking into account if Ginyu knows the tail weakness which he likely does considering his connections.

Also wiping and conquering (the initial question) are completely different stories. Saiyans could get wiped if someone like Roshi decided to covertly do his moon-busting attack on the planet because the atmosphere would be wiped, leaving the Saiyans with no oxygen to survive. Of course, Roshi wouldn't survive but that would likely be the bare-minimum to kill most Saiyans.
A lot of people say that but it's very inconsistent. Goku was twice as strong as Nappa but Nappa actually held his own when he focused in. KKx3 Kamehameha was more than 33% stronger than Galick Gun, yet they were stalemated. It's also stated at multiple points that a team up attack could work on vastly stronger opponents like Freeza.
I think every fight is different based on the people involved. 33% difference can be a stomp when you're facing a wimp like Cui, but someone like Goku has the ability to hold his own even when people are much more powerful than he is. Kid Boo had a 4x difference on Vegeta and he couldn't keep Vegeta down.
The Freeza one only would've worked because Freeza isn't taking the fight seriously and Kienzan punches way above Kuririn's own power. KKx3 Kamehameha is only 33% stronger if you assume that Galick Gun isn't stronger than Vegeta, which is never the case with full-powered beam attacks like that. Kid Boo vs Vegeta is just standard will-power considering the same level Vegeta got stomped by Fat Boo, who's weaker.

The Nappa one I'll concede on because that genuinely seems inconsistent because a 2x gap in DBZ definitely warranted a huge difference in most of its situations (Cell vs Gohan, Fat Boo vs Vegeta, 3rd form Freeza vs Piccolo, SS2 vs SS1, Piccolo fusing with Kami). Again, there have been cases for even smaller gaps warranting stomps (Vegeta vs Cui/Dodoria, Vegeta vs 1st form Zarbon, Vegeta vs 2nd form Zarbon in both fights, Graded SS forms vs original SS form).
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"