Would Krillin be able to ride the Flying Nimbius as an adult?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Would Krillin be able to ride the Flying Nimbius as an adult?

Post by Peach » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:47 am

When he was a kid, he was a little perverted and fell right through it.

But during Dragon Ball Z, he almost acted as the moral compass from time to time. Sympathizing with the Androids, for instance.

Do you think Krillin has changed enough to be able to ride the Flying Nimbus?

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would Krillin be able to ride the Flying Nimbius as an adult?

Post by blacksymbiote » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:58 pm

No, his desire for 18 nearly got everybody killed. Plus there was that pageant in the Android 13 movie.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:00 pm

I was going to say that pure-hearted in Dragon Ball typically doesn't mean morally righteous, but single-mindedly driven to one pursuit or objective, but then I remembered Gohan, Goten and Chi-Chi, who seem to lack the drive Goku has, were able to ride it by virtue of being innocent. Either way, perhaps not. Kuririn still lusts.

As an aside, by either definition, Zamasu would likely be able to ride the Kintoun, which is an amusing thought.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:58 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:58 pm No, his desire for 18 nearly got everybody killed. Plus there was that pageant in the Android 13 movie.
That is incorrect since Krillin thought that C17 and C18 were a couple, but then he found out they were twins.
Krillin intention in not wanting to kill C18 wasn't evil, he didn't do anything wrong. The one that was wrong was Vegeta in listening to Cell, letting Cell go and attacking anyone who wanted to kill Cell be it his allies or family.

As for the Nimbius cloud even Launch was able to ride the cloud, I can't remember if Uppa was able to ride the cloud.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:24 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:58 pm No, his desire for 18 nearly got everybody killed. Plus there was that pageant in the Android 13 movie.
That was just poor judgement and decision making more than anything. It's similar to Goku giving Cell a senzu bean.
super michael wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:58 pm As for the Nimbius cloud even Launch was able to ride the cloud.
I'd imagine if Launch were to sneeze while on the Nimbus, she'd fall right through it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:27 pm

I can't imagine him or most of the cast being capable of riding the Nimbus -- not even Piccolo after having merged with Kami or Tenshinhan. They still carry with them a certain degree of moralist edge that precludes them from being able to partake in the benefits of a pure moral position.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:28 pm

super michael wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:58 pm
That is incorrect since Krillin thought that C17 and C18 were a couple, but then he found out they were twins.
Krillin intention in not wanting to kill C18 wasn't evil, he didn't do anything wrong.
I'm saying lust still affects him as it did when the cloud wouldn't let him ride before.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 am

Not an easy question to answer. in Dragonball anyone who couldn't be on the cloud, were assholes or perverts. So the question is, Is Krillin by Z to Super, an asshole or a pervert?

Also I dare say by Super, Goku couldn't ride Kintoun himself, for being an asshole.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:37 pm

Krillin is able to harness the Spirit Bomb which only the pure hearted can do.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:24 am

I don't think so. He's a normal guy, frankly, and there's no reason why his lustful feelings would just vanish. It's not even a bad thing, there isn't a single real human being who would be able to ride Kinto'un, let's face it, and Kuririn is about as close, personality-wise, to a real life human as anyone in the series.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.