Might there be surviving Saiyan communities elsewhere in space?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Might there be surviving Saiyan communities elsewhere in space?

Post by Yuji » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:55 pm

Presumably, the only living Saiyans (in U7) are Goku, Vegeta and Broly (and Tarble, I suppose?). Raditz, Nappa, Beets and Paragus all survived the genocide but were killed off in the Saiyan arc and Broly movie respectively.

However, we saw that in Vegeta's squads there were two unnamed Saiyans. Vegeta in the original series claims Goku and him are the last surviving Saiyans, so it's implied that those two unnamed Saiyans died, but perhaps they simply chose to defect and live elsewhere? Plus, isn't it feasible that other Saiyans simply ignored Freeza's orders (out of rebellion, or because they suspected something was amiss like Bardock), or that some Saiyans had chosen to defect much earlier than that during Freeza's or Cold's rule?

The universe, of course, is multicultural and interlinked, so who's to say there aren't surviving Saiyan communities living on some previously uninhabited planets, or some planets they conquered over, or simply living in harmony with the natives? We know Saiyan-Earthling hybrids are possible, so maybe hybrids are possibly with any species sufficiently humanoid?

There isn't much to go on, but what are your thoughts? Would you like to see diaspora communities of Saiyans?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Might there be surviving Saiyan communities elsewhere in space?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:36 pm

I'm sure there can be if they ever need to introduce new U7 Saiyans for some reason.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:00 pm

It's always possible. I like to believe that more fringe characters such as Tullece and Onio are "out there somewhere," regardless of whether they ever happen to appear in mainline stories.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MrSatan2099
Patreon Supporter

Post by MrSatan2099 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:18 pm

I too had big questions about the additional Saiyans at the end of the Broly movie. I also echo Kaboom's sentiment that, considering multiple movie concepts have been canonized recently it's fair to assume that Tullece could also be out in space somewhere. Of course there could always be multi universe or time line crossovers. Maybe Cabba could come to Universe 7 for an extended stay.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:20 pm

This is something I've always thought was all but certain if Saiyan children were sent out as infiltration babies. Heck, I became 10x more sure this was the case when I learned that there was only a few years between Saiyans taking over Plant/Vegeta, Freeza enlisting the Saiyans, and the genocide of the Saiyan race. When I was younger (no doubt thanks to the dub + Toei filler) I thought Saiyans worked for Freeza and his father for generations. But no, Saiyans were enlisted in Age 731; Planet Vegeta was destroyed in Age 737. The first generation of infiltration babies wouldn't have even hit puberty if the operation started as soon as King Cold started exploiting them. It's probable that Freeza still had them all hunted down using their pods as beacons (as well recording the coordinates to which they were sent), but you never know.

Narratively, it's not the case, but as others have said, this is a door left wide open and has already been used by Broly and Paragus. The only reason for Goku, Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta to be the last living Saiyans was for dramatic effect. It's a classic monomythic cliché of the "last survivor of a fallen people" that's been used many times before in kung fu fantasy and East Asian mythology alone. You don't even need to leave Japan for that— the folk hero Kintarō (which Toriyama was notably a fan of) had a similar story, and some tellings of the Momotarō myth also make him an orphan. Never mind wuxia/xianxia fiction. Heck, even in America, we have a quasi-myth with The Last of the Mohicans having a similar element. For what Dragon Ball once was, it worked just fine.

Now that it's a big franchise with multiple continuities and Saiyans have become one of the classic fantasy races, it's almost inevitable this is going to be retconned and we're soon to find "uncountable" numbers of infiltration babies, defectors, and lone space pirate Saiyans (uncountable because they'll make as many as they need).
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:08 am

I believe it is very possible. After all Saiyans had been doing that sort of thing for years and years. There may have been some Saiyans who left to establish other communities in that before the events of the series. But whether or not they were still around by the start of the series is questionable. I would love to see Saiyan communities. I even came up with one for my oc Saiyan. One that broke off after the destruction of Planet Sadala.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:36 am

For me it's more than possible and we can have also Saiyan that have been sent to other planet like Goku and that live there and adopted their culture.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:32 pm

I feel no matter the continuity of the TV Special or Minus, there would be adult saiyans who didn't blindly listen to Freeza when they were out in space, and didn't go back to Planet Vegeta, and there would have been baby saiyans sent to planets before Goku was even born. So sure, I could see Saiyan refugees if not communities out there in the universe.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 pm

Weren't there two Saiyans with Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz in the Broly movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv6X0NFc0Ss

It's possible they settled down somewhere and had kids.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 pm

Yeah, why the heck not? How many deserters still exist? How many MIA Saiyans that just didn't want to go back? How many people who just...managed to get away? Could be hundreds.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:57 pm

It's possible because we still saw many of them with Vegeta in the DBS Broly movie. I always had a idea of a group of Saiyans living on another Planet in another galaxy to avoid being found by Freeza.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:09 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:32 pm I feel no matter the continuity of the TV Special or Minus, there would be adult saiyans who didn't blindly listen to Freeza when they were out in space, and didn't go back to Planet Vegeta, and there would have been baby saiyans sent to planets before Goku was even born. So sure, I could see Saiyan refugees if not communities out there in the universe.
Toyo imagines Tomas squad was killed by dodoria.

My headcanon was that the ginyu force or zarbon/dodoria killed any pod babies or order ignorers.
This would explain the weird amount of knowledge about adult saiyan power level ranges.
They'd probably have records of where pod babies were sent and when, Freezas forces probably took a copy when they asked about the super saiyan god and stuff. We now know Goku was sent in a stolen pod off the record last minute.
The two guys with Vegeta and Nappa probably just died in the years inbetween, perhaps shortly before Raditz decides to fetch Goku, to restore their numbers?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:53 pm

Whole communities would be very unprobable, but some other infiltration baby who survived on some remote planet could be possible, why not? If I had to introduce Turles I would make him an inflitration baby like Goku who succeded in wiping out the planet he was assigned to but then found himself alone on it with no one answering his messages, so begun to wander across various planets as he wiped out their inhabitants all over the universes.
TobyS wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:09 pm
FoolsGil wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:32 pm I feel no matter the continuity of the TV Special or Minus, there would be adult saiyans who didn't blindly listen to Freeza when they were out in space, and didn't go back to Planet Vegeta, and there would have been baby saiyans sent to planets before Goku was even born. So sure, I could see Saiyan refugees if not communities out there in the universe.
Toyo imagines Tomas squad was killed by dodoria.

My headcanon was that the ginyu force or zarbon/dodoria killed any pod babies or order ignorers.
This would explain the weird amount of knowledge about adult saiyan power level ranges.
They'd probably have records of where pod babies were sent and when, Freezas forces probably took a copy when they asked about the super saiyan god and stuff. We now know Goku was sent in a stolen pod off the record last minute.
The two guys with Vegeta and Nappa probably just died in the years inbetween, perhaps shortly before Raditz decides to fetch Goku, to restore their numbers?
This makes a lot of sense too. Also going by Jaco some Galactic Patrol guys were being sent to kill Saiyan babies so it’s very likely that none survived. Unless Jaco was on Earth to catch Goku and bring him to the headquarters to tame?

And yeah, those two Saiyan guys may actually have been killed on that “hard to conquer” planet Raditz and company found which prompted him to go recruit Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Civic » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:24 pm

Sure, there could be more instances of Goku/Tarble/Broly out there, there's no lore reason why it couldn't happen. Or maybe some saiyans conquered a planet but stayed there as the rulers? Plenty of opportunities for stories.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:44 am

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:09 pm Yeah, why the heck not? How many deserters still exist? How many MIA Saiyans that just didn't want to go back? How many people who just...managed to get away? Could be hundreds.
Probably loads. The two guys from the Broly movie with Nappa, Broly & Paragus, and Tarble may just be the tip of the iceberg.

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:02 pm

Why not just bring the dead ones back with the super dragon balls?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:55 pm

blacksymbiote wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:02 pm Why not just bring the dead ones back with the super dragon balls?
Good question. But that would be too easy. I think.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:03 am

Absolutely. The universe is super big. One could only imagine.

This could make a great arc. To go searching for other saiyans in the galaxy. For the show, we don't need anymore saiyans on our roster. Vegeta training Cabba would be great. But searching for saiyans to restart a population? Not a bad idea.

Sikat
Temporarily Banned

Post by Sikat » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:33 pm

Not possible. All the Saiyans who were off-world were recalled back to Planet Vegeta. The only exception being Vegeta/Nappa/Raditz who were all together, Broly/Paragus who fled from King Vegeta years in advance, and Kakarrot who Burdock sent to Earth.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 am

Sikat wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:33 pm Not possible. All the Saiyans who were off-world were recalled back to Planet Vegeta. The only exception being Vegeta/Nappa/Raditz who were all together, Broly/Paragus who fled from King Vegeta years in advance, and Kakarrot who Burdock sent to Earth.
Or any other exceptions we might not know about (i.e. that they might retcon in later).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147