How dangerous would Kid Buu be if he absorbed Babidi and Dabura?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Locutus

How dangerous would Kid Buu be if he absorbed Babidi and Dabura?

Post by Locutus » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:58 pm

While the boost in power would be negligible, their intelligence, magical abilities, and experience would give Kid tons of stuff to play with. Dabura came up with the idea to turn control Vegera, for example. Babidi was able to turn Dabura and be a threat to the Kaioshin with his magics. When it comes to magical abilities, Kid would have the ability to talk to anyone on a planet, blow up people significantly weaker than him, his magical barriers, teleport people with his ship, and the most famous ability of mind controlling those with evil in their heart.

With Daburas abilities he would be able to turn people into stone, his magical illusions, his fire breath, and the ability to conjure magical swords and spears.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: How dangerous would Kid Buu be if he absorbed Babidi and Dabura?

Post by Lionel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Kid Buu would receive a significant intelligence boost. Would he still be the chaotic imp we all know and dread? I imagine his personality being akin to his Buutenks or Buuhan self thanks to Dabura's regal arrogance and Babidi's immature giddiness.

In theory, Babidi's magical abilities would be invaluable -- imagine being able to teleport whomever wherever you please and transmit your thoughts so that they die. Would I expect this to happen? Most likely not as Toriyama wouldn't be able to convey the plotline he's intending.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:04 am

Lionel wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:37 pm Kid Buu would receive a significant intelligence boost. Would he still be the chaotic imp we all know and dread? I imagine his personality being akin to his Buutenks or Buuhan self thanks to Dabura's regal arrogance and Babidi's immature giddiness.

In theory, Babidi's magical abilities would be invaluable -- imagine being able to teleport whomever wherever you please and transmit your thoughts so that they die. Would I expect this to happen? Most likely not as Toriyama wouldn't be able to convey the plotline he's intending.
If we disregard Toriyama and put this sort of character into the hands of someone who might be better at planning out how these things would work out, Demon King Boobidi would prove to basically be if Babidi had Boo's powers for himself. He'd be even more of an Eldritch horror than he already is.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:15 am

Locutus wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:58 pm While the boost in power would be negligible, their intelligence, magical abilities, and experience would give Kid tons of stuff to play with. Dabura came up with the idea to turn control Vegera, for example. Babidi was able to turn Dabura and be a threat to the Kaioshin with his magics. When it comes to magical abilities, Kid would have the ability to talk to anyone on a planet, blow up people significantly weaker than him, his magical barriers, teleport people with his ship, and the most famous ability of mind controlling those with evil in their heart.

With Daburas abilities he would be able to turn people into stone, his magical illusions, his fire breath, and the ability to conjure magical swords and spears.
Kid Buu (Base Form) was already strong enough to force Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku from the Majin Buu Saga to have fought Kid Buu (Base Form) with much more seriousness than Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku from the Majin Buu Saga had ever done with Kid Buu (Daikaioh & South Supreme Kai Absorbed).

But if Kid Buu (Base Form) would have been able to absorb Madōshi Babidi and Majin Dabura, then Kid Buu (Madōshi Babidi & Majin Dabura Absorbed) would have been able to have surpassed the power of Super Saiyan 3 Son Goku from the Majin Buu Saga and would have forced Son Goku and Vegeta (Angel) from the Majin Buu Saga to have to resort to the Potara Earrings or the Fusion Dance technique in order for Son Goku and Vegeta (Angel) from the Majin Buu Saga to have become strong enough to have defeated Kid Buu (Madōshi Babidi & Majin Dabura Absorbed) in battle.

Especially since Kid Buu (Base Form) was already strong enough to rival the power of the unmastered form of Super Saiyan 3, Madōshi Babidi's very own Dark Magic was already strong enough on it's very own to have made Vegeta from the Majin Buu Saga in his base form, his Full Power Super Saiyan form, and his Super Saiyan 2 form to have writhed in pain, and Majin Dabura was equal in strength to Perfect Cell, but Majin Dabura would have been able to have far surpassed Perfect Cell when it would come to using Magic Materialization.