Do Villains Such As Freeza or Moro Know About The Potara?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Do Villains Such As Freeza or Moro Know About The Potara?

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:04 am

Hey all,

This may be a question that's already been answered, but the thought of the Supreme Kais having such a powerful item and nobody viewing it as much of a threat has me curious; do people like Moro or Frieza know about their power?

And why dont the gods or angels seem worried about them at all? Normally it would make sense to not be worried about them, as the Supreme Kais are very weak, but with mortals such as Goku, Vegeta, Toppo, Jiren, Broly, Moro, etc. being out there, just an hour with the potara could pose a threat to their respective God of Destruction, if in the wrong hands.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do Villains Such As Frieza or Moro Know About The Potara?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 pm

Freeza knows that fusion is possible as of Dragonball Super: Broly, although that was from the dance, not the potara.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 pm Freeza knows that fusion is possible as of Dragonball Super: Broly, although that was from the dance, not the potara.
I'm sure that he and everyone else also saw Kefla merge with the Potara at the ToP.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:10 pm

Frieza should know about the Potara earrings since he was at the Tournament of Power and saw Kefla happen, and I would expect Moro to know at least something about the earrings since he had some history with the Grand Supreme Kai, though I guess that's a maybe. Another main villain who knows about them would be Super Buu, since I think he saw Goku and Vegeta use them, or he at least experienced Vegito. And there's Zamasu, obviously, who uses the earrings himself.

A decent in-universe reason for why the gods and angels aren't worried about it could be that there seems to be some kind of vague upper limit to the Potara earrings. That limit caused Vegito Blue to split early in the Zamasu arc, as we were shown and told. (In the ToP, Kefla wasn't fused for more than a few minutes before getting eliminated, so the jury's out on that one.) If that upper limit holds up, then there'd eventually be some level of strength where the fusion would just fall apart instantly due to being too strong, and that level is most likely still below the angels' level. Whether it's below GoD level or not is a bit harder to say, but it could be. And so the GoDs and angels would have nothing to worry about, because if the fusion was strong enough to attack them, they wouldn't have time to attack them before splitting.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:47 pm

theherodjl wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 pm Freeza knows that fusion is possible as of Dragonball Super: Broly, although that was from the dance, not the potara.
I'm sure that he and everyone else also saw Kefla merge with the Potara at the ToP.
Forgot about that. Although I think he was busy with Dyspo at the time, IIRC.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:47 pm
theherodjl wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:33 pm
Forgot about that. Although I think he was busy with Dyspo at the time, IIRC.
He was paying attention to this fight and he almost got caught by it. Dyspo came later. He was “fighting” Katopesla.