Why don't the Androids know where Goku live?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Taingo

Why don't the Androids know where Goku live?

Post by Taingo » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:53 pm

Quick question, is there a reason why Androids 17 and 18 don't know where Goku lives? Unless I'm mistaken, it was 16 who told the Androids where Goku was, but why wouldn't 17 and 18 have this knowledge? Dr. Gero had been following Goku around for years, and if he gave the data of Goku's whereabouts to 16, why wouldn't he give them to 17 and 18? Unless I'm forgetting something here. I was rewatching parts of DB on youtube and this part really bothered me.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why don't the Androids know where Goku live?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 pm

Perhaps it's harder to download information into a human brain than to program it into a computer, so 17 and 18 forgot some things.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

blacksymbiote
Beyond Newbie

Post by blacksymbiote » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Perhaps 17 and 18 needed to be shut down before he could add that to them.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:33 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 pm Perhaps it's harder to download information into a human brain than to program it into a computer, so 17 and 18 forgot some things.
Why would there even be a need to "download" it? It's a brain. Just have them memorize it.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Maybe Gero learned the address after they were deactivated, and uploaded the data to the mainframe, and 16 because he is a robot has wireless access to the mainframe.
IIRC, 16 says stuff like "the computer says this dude is Cell and bla bla", or "according to the computer, bla bla" so maybe he just goes online and gets his intel directly from the lab computer.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:09 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:33 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:30 pm Perhaps it's harder to download information into a human brain than to program it into a computer, so 17 and 18 forgot some things.
Why would there even be a need to "download" it? It's a brain. Just have them memorize it.
Then maybe they forgot.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:25 am

You would think Gero should understand enough about neurology to have the information transmitted to their minds while they were in stasis. To be fair, he had formerly deemed the cyborg twins to be too unpredictable for him to properly use for his schemes so it's possible he was hoping that #19 and himself would be enough to handle Goku and the Z-Warriors.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:05 pm

Goku's almost always adventuring, so he's not always home. Dr Gero may have thought the information unnecessary in comparison to tracking down Goku himself.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:21 am

#16's database just seemed more complete in comparison. He knew where Goku lived, where Goku would be (Capsule Co and Roshi's house) if he was with friends, and he could detect powers from anywhere. #17's leftover data on #16 had him (#17) as the more powerful one. That was way off. Sounds like their entire database was incomplete.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~