Beneficial Wishes That Should Have Been Made

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Beneficial Wishes That Should Have Been Made

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:05 am

There are obvious wishes that the Z-Fighters could have made that would have helped them greatly. Wishing for the Kaio-ken to not have any drawbacks, being able to survive in space, infinite stamina, etc.

What are some other obvious wishes that would have benefited Goku and Co.?

I know they probably wouldn't wish for these things, due mostly to pride and/or wanting to improve themselves on their own terms, but I'm still curious.

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Beneficial Wishes That Should Have Been Made

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:38 am

Basically any wish that would give them an edge during a fight. However, these are martial artists with a code of honor, so they'd never do something like that.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:44 pm

The only beneficial wish that I truly think they missed on was more senzu beans.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Wishing to have the Planet Earth be protected from all kinds of extinction-level events, the inhabitants of the Solar System as a whole having their very own respective Ki Signatures and Power Levels being unable to be sensed by the rest of the known Universe, and giving absolutely everyone and everything all across the Planet Earth their very own respective supply or supplies of basic necessities to last for an entire lifetime.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 pmthe inhabitants of the Solar System as a whole having their very own respective Ki Signatures and Power Levels being unable to be sensed by the rest of the known Universe
How is Goku going to teleport back home when he's off in space then?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Use the dragonballs to know where Gero's lab was. Even if they weren't going to attack him before he made the first move, what if the Dragon Team split between two groups, one to go after Gero and A19, the other to steal Gero's stuff and bring to Bulma to reverse engineer, including A16?

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Wishing for Vegeta and Nappa's ships to malfunction should've been possible/would be a good idea. Wishing to find Babidi's ship and thus eliminating the need to fill over half of Boo's release energy with Gohan's energy. Wishing Trunks' timeline back with the super dragon balls (though that might be a monumental effort to collect them). And while you're doing that, bring back 16 :'(

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:20 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 pm Use the dragonballs to know where Gero's lab was. Even if they weren't going to attack him before he made the first move, what if the Dragon Team split between two groups, one to go after Gero and A19, the other to steal Gero's stuff and bring to Bulma to reverse engineer, including A16?
Huh, that'd be a good idea. But I could see Gero having multiple labs and Shenron only revealing the location of one, because of the wording of the wish.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:02 am

So many possible options with a wish granting device like the Dragon Balls. For the likes of Buu you could have wished to learn of the incantation needed to reseal him. Freeza you could have wished that a super massive black hole appear directly proximate to where he is that would consume his body entirely.

I suppose not taking full advantage of the Dragon Balls' utility is what provides a seesawing spectacle like we have every arc.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:09 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:20 pm
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:28 pmthe inhabitants of the Solar System as a whole having their very own respective Ki Signatures and Power Levels being unable to be sensed by the rest of the known Universe
How is Goku going to teleport back home when he's off in space then?
Son Goku might have been an exception, since he had been raised on Planet Earth for most of his life. So Son Goku would have been able to sense his loved ones before using Instant Transmission in order to get to them even if he was far out in Space.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:57 am

ZodiacBeast wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:05 am What are some other obvious wishes that would have benefited Goku and Co.?
->U7 members making themselves invisible for the duration of ToP (just look at how much chaos Gamisaras made like that)
->Multi-Form Clones to have the exact power of the original, and don't cut your power into 1/4 either (Piccolo and Tien would greatly benefit)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:22 pm

For Goku to be immortal so no threat can kill him.

To find some why for the rest of the caste to catch up with the Super Saiyans in case somthing like Cell or Buu come along.

If there were any strong warriors in the universe for the ToP.

For Goku to keep his mouth shut and his fighting addiction in check around gods.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:54 am

Lord Frieza wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:22 pm For Goku to be immortal so no threat can kill him.
I doubt he would want that.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/