The possibility of Magical Excalibur Class Weapons in Dragonball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

The possibility of Magical Excalibur Class Weapons in Dragonball

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am

It's something I think about from time to time. King Kold believing it wasn't Trunks' power that did Freeza in, but Trunks' sword itself, and Supreme Kai's belief the Z Sword can kill Buu, the implication being Buu can't regenerate when cut with it. Now, not sure where Supreme Kai heard of the legend of the Z Sword, but I think if Kold's thoughts are that a sword is powerful enough to kill Freeza, it's possible he's heard of such weapons. Thoughts? Could there be weapons that can kill anyone no matter their power, and it just comes down to actually laying the blow?

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Re: The possibility of Magical Excalibur Class Weapons in Dragonball

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:24 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am It's something I think about from time to time. King Kold believing it wasn't Trunks' power that did Freeza in, but Trunks' sword itself, and Supreme Kai's belief the Z Sword can kill Buu, the implication being Buu can't regenerate when cut with it. Now, not sure where Supreme Kai heard of the legend of the Z Sword, but I think if Kold's thoughts are that a sword is powerful enough to kill Freeza, it's possible he's heard of such weapons. Thoughts? Could there be weapons that can kill anyone no matter their power, and it just comes down to actually laying the blow?
Honestly, nothing is out of the realm of possibility in the Universe. If there are things such as wish granting objects and techniques that can bring people together to fuse, I am sure that there are certain super weapons with capabilities that surpass any normal individual, but I'm pretty sure most of those kinds of people were wiped out during King Cold/Freeza's reign over the universe.

But another reason as to why Cold could believe that Freeza was dealt with so easily due to the supposed power of Trunks' sword could be because of the fact that there was no simple mortal powerful enough to face off against him or his son besides Son Goku, or it could be the fact of both, really as Cold was in denial and could have some bit of knowledge of super powerful objects/weapons of the past.

Good question tbh.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:50 pm

Well there are the angel staves which seem to be plot devices that can do basically anything.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 pm

Well there's the Power Pole.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:56 pm Well there's the Power Pole.
Magical, but not a weapon that could kill a being thousands to millions stronger than the wielder.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 am

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:32 am It's something I think about from time to time. King Kold believing it wasn't Trunks' power that did Freeza in, but Trunks' sword itself, and Supreme Kai's belief the Z Sword can kill Buu, the implication being Buu can't regenerate when cut with it. Now, not sure where Supreme Kai heard of the legend of the Z Sword, but I think if Kold's thoughts are that a sword is powerful enough to kill Freeza, it's possible he's heard of such weapons. Thoughts? Could there be weapons that can kill anyone no matter their power, and it just comes down to actually laying the blow?
Didn't Super Dragon Ball Heroes kind of prove this concept? With the Key sword, that was the only way they were able to beat/seal Dark King Mechikabura

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 am
Didn't Super Dragon Ball Heroes kind of prove this concept? With the Key sword, that was the only way they were able to beat/seal Dark King Mechikabura
Well I don't watch Dragonball Heroes so I'll take your word for it, though it doesn't necessarily take place in the same continuity as other Dragonball media. When you get to SSJ4 Broly you lost me. :lol:

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:49 am

FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 am
Well I don't watch Dragonball Heroes so I'll take your word for it, though it doesn't necessarily take place in the same continuity as other Dragonball media. When you get to SSJ4 Broly you lost me. :lol:
Yeah, I don't watch Dragon Ball Heroes, either. Personally don't see the appeal in it. I'd have to force myself to watch it to be honest - feels all over the place judging by what I've seen so far.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:05 am

Yasai9001 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:49 am
FoolsGil wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 am
Yeah, I don't watch Dragon Ball Heroes, either. Personally don't see the appeal in it. I'd have to force myself to watch it to be honest - feels all over the place judging by what I've seen so far.
It definitely is all over the place to be honest. But I understand it's just a promotional anime for the game, so it doesn't bother me much.
As far as its continuity compared to the main plot, that's irrelevant. It's a popular and more importantly official product from the creators of Dragon Ball. Only reason I mentioned it is because the Key Sword is a strong weapon that helps defeat strong villains, that's actually a part of Dragon Ball media officially.

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:15 am

The ideas in Heroes are neat, but the execution of the anime is horrendous. It would be much better if the episodes were of normal length/about 24 minutes.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:37 pm

I was thinking something like in the Fate saga: each Hero summoned wields a Noble Phantasm, a weapon based on their myth.

For instance:
Gilgamesh wields the Gate of Babylon, an armory that contains everything. It befits his status as one of history's earliest rulers.

Atalanta wields a pelt that turns her feral. This pelt comes from the Calydonian Boar, the most ferocious boar of its kind; Atalanta was able to kill it and took its skin as a prize.

And Alexander the Great wields the Ionioi Hetairoi (Eternal Company), a troop of Alexander's most loyal soldiers.

As mentioned, it's not impossible for a weapon like that to appear in DB. But since this franchise is based on martial arts and superpowers, I don't know whether we'll see any special weapons in the future.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.