The only way to make Tullece's appearance in canon make sense would be...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Re: The only way to make Turles' appearance in canon to make sense would be...

Post by Yasai9001 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:29 pm

Also, IIRC, Toyotaro has toyed with the idea in his Drew It sketches that Tullece was one of the surviving Saiyans in his own headcanon, alongside Goku, Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz, Tarble, Broly, Paragus and Onio. So maybe his return in some form is a possibility.

It's in one of those monthly drawings Toyotaro did where he shows Onio and his wife having survived the destruction of Planet Vegeta. It makes me think if he would actually incorporate movie characters into the Dragon Ball main storyline if Toriyama gave him the okay. Not only that, but in one of his other monthly drawings, he shows how Toma and the others of Bardock's crew are ambushed by Dodoria. I believe it could fit in (not only because they were in the DBS Broly Movie), but also because of how we see that in Granolah's survivor Arc, Saiyans and members of the Freeza Force fought together on missions to conquer a planet, so perhaps Dodoria backstabbed them when Freeza decided to destroy Planet Vegeta.
[/quote]

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:03 pm

I think it would be good to stop with surviving Saiyans where we are. If anything, you might be able to work Tullece in as a Universe 6 equivalent to Goku. Not quite evil, but almost like a Kakarot who never hit his head. Short of that, all-new, non-Saiyan characters from here would be good.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

DBFanTalk

Post by DBFanTalk » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:47 pm I don't think every character needs to be rebooted into the main series. I like characters like Tullece and Garlic Jr being their in own thing.
I agree. Has Toei even suggested more character-reboots? It's possible the Dragon Ball community just ran with the concept after the Broly release. I'd argue that the character of Broly was rebooted because it was marketable. It didn't add much to the narrative. There are a few movie villains with more storytelling potential: Cooler, Janemba, and Bojack. If there was another reboot, I doubt Turles would be next in line. He isn't half as popular/marketable as Broly. Toei would have to work harder to sell him. Plus, audience might be exhausted of evil protagonist trope.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:48 am

Turles really isn't needed anymore since we got the masterful Goku Black.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:26 am

Goku black's nothing more than a body stealing individual like Ginyu to cheat his way to power to be honest, but I get your point.