A little backstory on Caulifla's past would be cool because she has potential as a more relatable character than most

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

A little backstory on Caulifla's past would be cool because she has potential as a more relatable character than most

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:22 pm

When I say this, I am referring to the Manga vesion of Caulifla. When Caulifla is first introduced in Dragon Ball Super's manga, she is portrayed as some kind of caretaker for those in need, though she just goes the criminal way about how she survives. Sure, she is a bandit, but she would take goods like jewelry (selfish reasons) and food for young children (unselfish) who are more than likely without homes and parents who probably don't give a damn about them.

She is arrogant, but she is a pure-hearted Saiyan and obviously looks out for her own; so for Caulifla to have some kind of backstory would be a nice touch in my opinion because we get to see what circumstances she grew up under in a poor part of Saiyan society as she was developing into her own person and we'd get to see what motivated her to becoming a bandit to look out for those who were less fortunate (likely like she was, to be honest), and also we'd see why she never joined the army.

The anime's portrayal of Caulifla's introduction is just spunky and comes off as try hard but in the Manga, I believe it's more believable and that's where her potential truly lies. Forgetting about the fact she can do all of these things that Goku and others worked hard to attain, I can see Caulifla and a lot of other characters in Dragon Ball being developed in a more fluid manner with some extra consistent lore being done to them.

Would you like to see how Caulifla was brought up? As a little one-shot side story or something of the like? I find she's far more interesting than Kale and Cabba, even based off her actions alone when first shown in the Manga.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: A little backstory on Caulifla's past would be cool because she has potential as a more relatable character than mos

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:54 pm

It would be fine, I assume Toyotaro could do it in an extra chapter like the one with Cell Jrs.
But I think she would have to return to the manga's plot first so it wouldn't feel random. Maybe if Granolah learns about the existence of other Universes he would try to take his grudge on all the Saiyans and not just U7 ones, but I wonder if the plot will go that way..

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: A little backstory on Caulifla's past would be cool because she has potential as a more relatable character than mos

Post by Yuli Ban » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:22 am

Yasai9001 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:22 pm When I say this, I am referring to the Manga vesion of Caulifla. When Caulifla is first introduced in Dragon Ball Super's manga, she is portrayed as some kind of caretaker for those in need, though she just goes the criminal way about how she survives. Sure, she is a bandit, but she would take goods like jewelry (selfish reasons) and food for young children (unselfish) who are more than likely without homes and parents who probably don't give a damn about them.

She is arrogant, but she is a pure-hearted Saiyan and obviously looks out for her own; so for Caulifla to have some kind of backstory would be a nice touch in my opinion because we get to see what circumstances she grew up under in a poor part of Saiyan society as she was developing into her own person and we'd get to see what motivated her to becoming a bandit to look out for those who were less fortunate (likely like she was, to be honest), and also we'd see why she never joined the army.

The anime's portrayal of Caulifla's introduction is just spunky and comes off as try hard but in the Manga, I believe it's more believable and that's where her potential truly lies. Forgetting about the fact she can do all of these things that Goku and others worked hard to attain, I can see Caulifla and a lot of other characters in Dragon Ball being developed in a more fluid manner with some extra consistent lore being done to them.

Would you like to see how Caulifla was brought up? As a little one-shot side story or something of the like? I find she's far more interesting than Kale and Cabba, even based off her actions alone when first shown in the Manga.
Ahead of you, mate

Showerthought: [Manga] Caulifla ought to have been based on Song Jiang
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:56 am

I suppose backstories to the three main U6 saiyans would be nice, though there are other ways to flesh out these characters
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san