If Goku Cannot Fuse With Vegeta...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

If Goku Cannot Fuse With Vegeta...

Post by theherodjl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:21 am

Who would be the next best option out of the following?
Gohan
Piccolo
Jiren
Broly
Freeza
Android 17
Boo
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Re: If Goku Cannot Fuse With Vegeta...

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:55 am

theherodjl wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:21 am Who would be the next best option out of the following?
Gohan
Piccolo
Jiren
Broly
Freeza
Android 17
Boo
Gohan would be the best the best match in terms of personality. Broly or Jiren would give him more power but because Goku doesn't really know them as well their personalities might not mesh well. Freeza would be a horrible choice because of his evil personality and hate for Goku. Boo could work but his unique physiology would either be a great asset or a liability. 17 has the whole infinity engine thing going on and that would make it so the resulting fusion would no longer suffer from ki drain. This would help only in the manga where SSB drains quite a bit and this fusion would be able to maintain it forever. Also because fusions diffuse due to energy loss, the fusion would last the full hour or 30 minutes (depending on the method) even if you use a lot of energy. Piccolo wouldn't really be worth it outside of the regeneration(if that translates to the fusion). I think 17 would be the best option but only if the infinity engine translates to the fusion. If it does not then Gohan because of his chemistry with Goku or Broly just for the raw power.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 am

What about Beerus?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:59 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 am What about Beerus?
I didn't choose him since it would be too much. The scenario here is that Goku has to choose someone else who could benefit him in a fusion but also isn't an overpowered deity.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:17 am

I think the most physically compatible would be Broly for obvious reasons. After him it would likely be #17 as humans and Saiyans appear to show a close genetic affinity with one another. Well, that is assuming the genetic modifications done by Gero don't interfere or muddy the fusion in any way.

Complimentary psychology is also important. Jiren might be the most adequate match in that sense.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:06 pm

I say Jiren. He's close enough to Goku's size that they could probably get away with doing the dance (if Goku can do it with Vegeta than Jiren can do it with Goku). Some people would say their personalities clash, but you would also say that about Goku and Vegeta, and look how well their fusion turned out. Jirku would blend Jiren's stoic justice with Goku's compassion and heart and probably end up with a Superman-like personality.