How well would the Chimera Ants (Hunter X Hunter) fair against DB?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

YTK5000

How well would the Chimera Ants (Hunter X Hunter) fair against DB?

Post by YTK5000 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:02 pm

It's Age 750, it's the day Goku is defeated by Tao Pai Pai; A Red Ribbon Army squad in a village disappears and the entire village would be gone as well, days after the RRA sends scouts to find out what happened to the squad and possibly find a Dragon Ball they are surprised to see giant ant-like creatures and are subsequently killed since at this point the Ants wouldn't be affected by bullets for the next few days nothing happens but the RRA does take notice in the area where their soldiers are disappearing. As originally happened Goku climbs Karin Tower and trains with Karin, Goku defeats Tao Pai Pai and goes on to defeat the RRA. As happened in HxH; Pitou is born and subsequently the rest of the Royal Guard is born the days after, currently Goku is already training for the next tournament and the other warriors are training too and with the RRA destroyed no one could deal with the ants and after a month Meruem is born. (In my opinion, Meruem is Small City/City/Mountain level, and correct me if I'm wrong.) and he has mastery of his Ki/Chi in correlation to his mastery of Nen, Meruem and the Royal Guard goes off to Kings Castle; Meruem kills the king and takes over the world.

The stage has been set, who would be able to defeat Meurem? Could Roshi one-shot Meruem since he's Moon Level?

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: How well would the Chimera Ants (Hunter X Hunter) fair against DB?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Nen and Dragon Ball's version of ki don't work the same. Only one Nen specialization allows you to make your body more resistant to damage whereas ki is (usually) an always on, all around thing. Nen also doesn't make you immune to as many things as ki seems to (for example, Mereum is taken out by radiation poisoning). Dragon Ball's ki does everything from allow you to duplicate to temporarily exist in space to breaking out of a time bubble thing.

HxH and Dragon Ball just don't mix. DB punishes all the things that make HxH characters dangerous (creativity with powers, planning out fights, exploiting biology, ect) so if this fight is happening in the DB universe, running on DB logic than the Chimera Ants would be a one off comedic villain.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

CaJae10

Post by CaJae10 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:40 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:44 pm Nen and Dragon Ball's version of ki don't work the same. Only one Nen specialization allows you to make your body more resistant to damage whereas ki is (usually) an always on, all around thing. Nen also doesn't make you immune to as many things as ki seems to (for example, Mereum is taken out by radiation poisoning). Dragon Ball's ki does everything from allow you to duplicate to temporarily exist in space to breaking out of a time bubble thing.

HxH and Dragon Ball just don't mix. DB punishes all the things that make HxH characters dangerous (creativity with powers, planning out fights, exploiting biology, ect) so if this fight is happening in the DB universe, running on DB logic than the Chimera Ants would be a one off comedic villain.
I agree with you. I'll just simplify what would happen for him, Roshi would just speed blitz Meruem; Meruem was almost killed by a nuke and died to basically radiation, Goku could speed blitz him too it doesnt matter if Meruem has mastery of ki or whatever Goku would just one-shot him or vaporize the area with a Kamehameha also even Old Piccolo could one-shot Meruem since Roshi thought Piccolo was stronger than him even tho he destroyed the Moon.

In other words, Roshi destroyed the Moon and Goku scales above Roshi so Meruem wont be able to put a finger on them.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:01 pm

Meruem wouldn't even exist in this scenario because the ants copy DNA from whoever they consume, which is how they got Nen powers.

So unless they ran into some martial artists that could use ki and managed to eat them (which is pretty unlikely as they were not that common on Earth even back then) they wouldn't become a threat.

If they managed to take out Roshi in his sleep somehow, though, you'd have a pretty dangerous situation.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 am

As someone else said, Nen and Ki are totally different. The strongest character in HxH could get taken out by these planet busters.

If you're asking how the concept of Chimera ants would work in Dragon Ball. I'd say quite well. We've seen Cell and Buu absorb fighters and go through evolutions. It would just be that, but more characters for the cast to fight and on a grander scale.

If you popped a Chimera Ant Queen in the Dragon Ball world and had her create soldiers from the people she ate around the universe, it would be pretty cool. Just imagine the kind of "pinnacle of Ki" King we would see. Or the Royal Guards we would see. I imagine it would be a cosmic multiversal threat beyond the likes of Moro and Zamasu. The idea of "soldiers" and Royal Guards gives people for the side characters to fight.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:31 am

Peach wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 am If you popped a Chimera Ant Queen in the Dragon Ball world and had her create soldiers from the people she ate around the universe, it would be pretty cool. Just imagine the kind of "pinnacle of Ki" King we would see. Or the Royal Guards we would see. I imagine it would be a cosmic multiversal threat beyond the likes of Moro and Zamasu. The idea of "soldiers" and Royal Guards gives people for the side characters to fight.
See but that's why the Chimera Ants wouldn't be any fun in the DB universe. It'd be like literally every other arc where the big bad has minions. The side characters get scrubbed, then Goku shows up and beats everyone by himself. What made the Chimera Ant fights interesting was that, despite being super powered, Chimera Ants were still living things that roughly followed the same rules that the heroes did.

And what made the Chimera Ants thematically interesting is pretty far outside the kind of stories Dragon Ball has any success with. The Chimera Ants are right behind the God Hand on the list of things that just shouldn't be in DB.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes