Bonyu: the sixth member of the Ginyu Special-Force

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

granddragoonknight
Banned

Bonyu: the sixth member of the Ginyu Special-Force

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 am

how do you guys think bonyu could be introduced into the series in terms of the story?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: bonyu the sixth member of the ginyu force

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:11 am

Fairly easy, she is still alive after being left out of the force and not going to Namek. Spent the last 10 or 15 years doing freelance bounties or something, missed for some reason Freeza's first resurrection (4 months was all Freeza got to live) but when Freeza was revived by Whis, she was drafted again or went herself to ask for a job.

If Freeza does appear in this arc, it'd be nice to have Bonyu as his main soldier.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:55 pm

we'll have to see if thats possible

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Trying to recall if they gave her any personality in Kakarot.

Guess they could work from a blank slate with her. But if they’re doing that then why not create a new character?

If I were to include her I would maybe like the idea that she saw herself as part of the Ginyu force maybe as someone who was too young but saw them invade a planet. Then she was blown away by their poses and theatrics and became some sort of obsessed fangirl for them.

She’s outraged that they got killed and begs Frieza to let her join his army. Cue antics where he’s unable to say no because he needs good soldiers and she’s got reasonable strength but he’s uncomfortable from the poses like his response to the Ginyus displays on namek.

Captain Bonyu of the Bonyu force

granddragoonknight
Banned

Re: Bonyu: the sixth member of the Ginyu Special-Force

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:52 pm

they did but she didnt like the poses the ginyu force did

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Ah I didn’t really bother with those side quests beyond a cursory glance so totally forgot her personality.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:25 pm

its ok she was meant to be the brains of their group but since she didn't like their poses she left