How do you guys suppose Vegeta would rule the Universe?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

How do you guys suppose Vegeta would rule the Universe?

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:48 pm

Initially, Vegeta wanted the Dragon Balls to ensure that he'd fight forever, though as things progress in the story, we inevitably learn he wishes to use it to get rid of Freeza.

The confusion for me personally comes in as to where if Vegeta ever really desired the role to rule the Universe like Freeza, or if he simply just wished to be the strongest. I've always had the impression that if Vegeta were immortal and got rid of Freeza, he would simply travel the cosmos and fight whoever he wanted to whenever he felt like it, also stealing valuables and money so that he could be able to afford costs for his ship, food, and whatever other supplies.

Though, going under the possibility of Vegeta ruling the Universe, how do you guys suppose Vegeta would do it? Would he just take Freeza's spot and keep his business going? As far as we know, Freeza exceeds well in universal real estate pretty much; cleanse a planet of its inhabitants, and sell it for profit. I'm sure there are many other schemes Freeza's empire has to make money and all since a lot goes in to it, but I wonder if Vegeta would even keep the role given all the politics that ultimately goes in to it.

What kind of ruler do you guys think Vegeta would be if he were in Freeza's position? Examples would be appreciated. The question's popped up because it's for a fanfic of mine and I want to keep him true to character.

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: How do you guys suppose Vegeta would rule the Universe?

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:09 pm

I think he’d take Frieza’s seat as head of the Planet Trade Organisation, but have a semi more hands on approach of clearing some of the planets himself.

He would eject guldo from the Ginyu force/maybe disband it entirely. Get rid of Cui. But largely keep the infrastructure intact.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:24 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:09 pm I think he’d take Frieza’s seat as head of the Planet Trade Organisation, but have a semi more hands on approach of clearing some of the planets himself.

He would eject guldo from the Ginyu force/maybe disband it entirely. Get rid of Cui. But largely keep the infrastructure intact.
Not a bad way to look at it; Vegeta would still want some piece of the action after all since he loves to fight. I doubt he'd go to all the planets, but at least the ones that look promising to him and/or the ones that are causing problems for his basic troops. As far as operations and all, I suppose he'd keep it all the same and just relish in the power he holds as he goes about his business.

I do see Vegeta being more hands on in the field and having someone else handle the political matters just for the sake of not growing bored.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 am

In Resurrection F, Frieza offered Vegeta a place in his army in exchange for betraying Goku. Vegeta says the offer is "tempting." I doubt Vegeta would rule the same now that he has a conscience, but back before he became a good guy? He'd be little different than Frieza. He'd rule with an iron fist and destroy any planets he felt like. He doesn't know about Beerus (at least, he doesn't remember), so he might have been worse. Oh, and he'd probably start calling himself King instead of Prince.

I doubt he'd have kicked anyone out of the force out of spite. It would be more worth it for him to see his former enemies squirm as they reluctantly bow before him. According to Xenoverse 2, the Frieza Force is a meritocracy, and it's not uncommon for members to rise and fall in rank based on their strength. There's constant in-fighting as they attempt to rise higher in the pecking order, with the victor usually choosing to gloat rather than kill the loser. I know the game isn't canon, but that sounds right to me.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:54 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 am In Resurrection F, Frieza offered Vegeta a place in his army in exchange for betraying Goku. Vegeta says the offer is "tempting." I doubt Vegeta would rule the same now that he has a conscience, but back before he became a good guy? He'd be little different than Frieza. He'd rule with an iron fist and destroy any planets he felt like. He doesn't know about Beerus (at least, he doesn't remember), so he might have been worse. Oh, and he'd probably start calling himself King instead of Prince.

I doubt he'd have kicked anyone out of the force out of spite. It would be more worth it for him to see his former enemies squirm as they reluctantly bow before him. According to Xenoverse 2, the Frieza Force is a meritocracy, and it's not uncommon for members to rise and fall in rank based on their strength. There's constant in-fighting as they attempt to rise higher in the pecking order, with the victor usually choosing to gloat rather than kill the loser. I know the game isn't canon, but that sounds right to me.
I agree with your statement as well; as far as the Freeza Force being a meritocracy according to Xenoverse 2, the main continuity of Dragon Ball reinforces this fact given the rivalry between Cui and Vegeta. There probably was a lot of infighting amongst a group of enforcers to where power and ability meant everything. After all, if you weren't of real use to Freeza, you were seen as trash and with less value, the more apathetic the tyrant would feel about disposing of you. Makes perfect sense to me.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 am

Yasai9001 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:54 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 am In Resurrection F, Frieza offered Vegeta a place in his army in exchange for betraying Goku. Vegeta says the offer is "tempting." I doubt Vegeta would rule the same now that he has a conscience, but back before he became a good guy? He'd be little different than Frieza. He'd rule with an iron fist and destroy any planets he felt like. He doesn't know about Beerus (at least, he doesn't remember), so he might have been worse. Oh, and he'd probably start calling himself King instead of Prince.

I agree with your statement as well; as far as the Freeza Force being a meritocracy according to Xenoverse 2, the main continuity of Dragon Ball reinforces this fact given the rivalry between Cui and Vegeta. There probably was a lot of infighting amongst a group of enforcers to where power and ability meant everything. After all, if you weren't of real use to Freeza, you were seen as trash and with less value, the more apathetic the tyrant would feel about disposing of you. Makes perfect sense to me.
Okay ye I actually can definitely see the pettiness of Vegeta keeping the likes of Cui to lord his superiority over him now.

Guess if Vegeta somehow usurped Frieza in scenario where Raditz and Nappa are still alive, then he would have them as his ‘Zarbon and Dodoria’

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:25 am

Yeah. Despite their inferiority in comparison to he, highly unlikely Vegeta would have anyone else but his own kind as his right hand men.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Eeeeeeeh. Vegeta didn't have high opinions of Raditz, and he was quick to turn on Nappa when he showed weakness. IMO, he would hold the Saiyan race to higher standards. If Raditz wants to be the new Dedoria, he's going to have to work for it. If they fail, they are an embarrassment in his eyes.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:02 pm Eeeeeeeh. Vegeta didn't have high opinions of Raditz, and he was quick to turn on Nappa when he showed weakness. IMO, he would hold the Saiyan race to higher standards. If Raditz wants to be the new Dedoria, he's going to have to work for it. If they fail, they are an embarrassment in his eyes.
Frieza his kikono and beriblue in trusted positions despite not being strong. I see in the field Vegeta not valuing his partners if they show to be weak.

But this is about a display of Saiyan might, he can have them there in tokenistic roles to say the Saiyans are on top.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Did Vegeta have appreciation for anything besides strength and combat? The Planet Trade Organisation is a hybrid mercenary/real estate empire that seeks to profit by sterilising worlds and putting them up for sale on the galactic market. For him to become its head might help to pay for living expenses and appease Vegeta's elitist complex but I question his mindset as a visionary looking to build something that's cultured and beneficial to civilisation as a whole.

Vegeta's objectives in life seem to be rooted in personal gratification and nothing that's really grandiose.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Lionel wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 pm Did Vegeta have appreciation for anything besides strength and combat? The Planet Trade Organisation is a hybrid mercenary/real estate empire that seeks to profit by sterilising worlds and putting them up for sale on the galactic market. For him to become its head might help to pay for living expenses and appease Vegeta's elitist complex but I question his mindset as a visionary looking to build something that's cultured and beneficial to civilisation as a whole.

Vegeta's objectives in life seem to be rooted in personal gratification and nothing that's really grandiose.
We’re it not for Frieza blowing up Planet Vegeta we can presume that Vegeta would’ve ended up King at some stage. In the broly film we see the managerial aspect of King Vegeta with regards to the cultivation of the youth and logistics of sending them to various planets.

So even though Vegeta enjoys his massacres and fighting, in his early childhood he would’ve been somewhat aware of his future role had planet Vegeta not been destroyed. A chance to live up to that elite destiny by being an emperor/ruler of such a large scale organisation he would satiate his ego. As for his actual skills/qualifications to do so. Simple. Advisors to help with the running of it.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 pm

Probably like Frieza, but more wreck-less and little respect for the infrastructure of the army.

Frieza at least valued members like Sorbet. And gave the two who found Broly a reward. I don't see Vegeta doing that.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Basically a less faux-affable and racist Freeza. He will treat anyone strong with respect but treats the weak poorly.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 pm Basically a less faux-affable and racist Freeza. He will treat anyone strong with respect but treats the weak poorly.
I know the mechanics of Dragon Ball necessitate anyone worth their salt being strong and that Vegeta would likely oversee a stratocratic government with the more worthwhile having higher power but is the man so single-minded when it comes to merits and worth in a society that he would neglect other things that define a civilisation such as technology, medicine, arts, and academia?

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 pm

Lionel wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 pm Basically a less faux-affable and racist Freeza. He will treat anyone strong with respect but treats the weak poorly.
I know the mechanics of Dragon Ball necessitate anyone worth their salt being strong and that Vegeta would likely oversee a stratocratic government with the more worthwhile having higher power but is the man so single-minded when it comes to merits and worth in a society that he would neglect other things that define a civilisation such as technology, medicine, arts, and academia?
To be honest with you, I see where you're coming from, but I doubt Vegeta is that simple-minded. Despite the fact he didn't get to see much how his father ruled over his people while he was still alive, Vegeta did grow up in a real empire. I'm sure enough besides his usual work of cleansing entire planets, Vegeta got to be witness to diplomatic transactions and perhaps even disputes; he is observant and would learn to see how a lot of the work functions in Freeza's empire, though I'm sure he wouldn't necessarily know how to go about it unless he was hands on and going with the flow with it, learning from mistakes and etc. At the end of the day, all he cares about is being stronger so I imagine he'd just have people do the work for him, albeit keep a close eye since he doesn't take me for the type to even want to get involved with business matters unless it revolves around him proving himself to be the one with the iron fist - if that makes any sense.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 pm
To be honest with you, I see where you're coming from, but I doubt Vegeta is that simple-minded. Despite the fact he didn't get to see much how his father ruled over his people while he was still alive, Vegeta did grow up in a real empire. I'm sure enough besides his usual work of cleansing entire planets, Vegeta got to be witness to diplomatic transactions and perhaps even disputes; he is observant and would learn to see how a lot of the work functions in Freeza's empire, though I'm sure he wouldn't necessarily know how to go about it unless he was hands on and going with the flow with it, learning from mistakes and etc. At the end of the day, all he cares about is being stronger so I imagine he'd just have people do the work for him, albeit keep a close eye since he doesn't take me for the type to even want to get involved with business matters unless it revolves around him proving himself to be the one with the iron fist - if that makes any sense.
So where do you think that leaves the scientists, doctors, craftsman, scholars and other such qualified types who may not have a high power level? Would Vegeta accept them into his empire with a specific role in mind or would he kill them off? Those aforementioned areas of expertise can have utility when it comes to combat such as the space pods and rejuvenation tanks the PTO uses.

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:55 pm

Lionel wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 pm
Yasai9001 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 pm

So where do you think that leaves the scientists, doctors, craftsman, scholars and other such qualified types who may not have a high power level? Would Vegeta accept them into his empire with a specific role in mind or would he kill them off? Those aforementioned areas of expertise can have utility when it comes to combat such as the space pods and rejuvenation tanks the PTO uses.
All of those other departments would be something he leaves to them since they are experts at it; what I mean to say is that I don't believe Vegeta would try to get heavily involved into whatever they are doing since being under Cold and Freeza, they already established some kind of regimen as to how they get work done. As for him accepting the soldiers, it is questionable because we know Vegeta loves to have the glory all to himself.

Your point with the doctors and all departments is solid.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue May 11, 2021 12:34 am

The Saiyan/Namek saga Vegeta would have probably taken over the Freeza empire and continued to do what he'd always done, conquer and sell planets.