exploring universe 6

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

granddragoonknight
Banned

exploring universe 6

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:59 pm

is universe 6 worth exploring and if so what way beyond exploring kale cabba and caulifla's history also what villains from the past can fit in this universe without bloating the universe with new bland characters

Krillin1994
Regular

Re: exploring universe 6

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:17 pm

Since we have U6 as a mirror of U7 in a twinning sort of way I guess you could theoretically rehash similar concepts and characters in exciting alternate ways.

If we spent time in U6 I guess the things I’d want are the following

- Sadala (obviously) and U6 Saiyan crew - champa/vados saw U7 outshine them a second time so teach them god ki

- U6 Namkekians and further lore - rehash of strong evil namekian opening door for piccolo relevance and power boost.

-U6 Earth was ravaged by war and destroyed maybe since it got wished back then we can have whatever faction destroyed it revived too. U6 equivalent of RR army perhaps. Use it to introduce android 21 if people like her enough/ have a version where Dr Gero equivalent died and not his son.

Seeing Hit’s competitors in his assassin line of work.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:23 pm

i see but why give them god ki wuldnt that make it quite boring and i did think about the bio brolly stuff for universe 6's earth along with dr. wheelo could be the evil scientist there

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Give them God Ki so they can keep up in strength?

Why would they have bio broly on U6 earth? Or do you mean the cloning technology?

I don’t really see the point in bringing back too many old concepts when we can have more original characters and ideas.

I’m only really for them rehashing things if there’s twists of sorts.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:46 pm

the cloning technology and why create a bunch of new characters when it could bloat the whole story altogether and given what we got with moro and granola right now i doubt we'll have any new interesting characters at least with dr. wheelo we could have an interesting evil scientist who did achieve his goal of world domination only for it to back fire

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:52 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:46 pm the cloning technology and why create a bunch of new characters when it could bloat the whole story altogether and given what we got with moro and granola right now i doubt we'll have any new interesting characters at least with dr. wheelo we could have an interesting evil scientist who did achieve his goal of world domination only for it to back fire
I liked Dr Wheelo for a one off movie villain but there’s barely anything to him really to carry an arc. He’d have to be tweaked so much to make him engaging that you may as well just straight up have a new character.

Cloning technology, I mean who would they clone? We had ‘evil goku clone’ in goku black as a story. I don’t see who they’d make a clone of in U6 that would I serve as interesting.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:56 pm

well ther is his bio warrior tech that dr. wheelo has

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:59 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:59 pm is universe 6 worth exploring and if so what way beyond exploring kale cabba and caulifla's history also what villains from the past can fit in this universe without bloating the universe with new bland characters
those characters have their fan group ...
in general they are better than goten and trunks

hit is one of the best characters in super ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7_cccb0D7E

the settings in this place ... where hit hunted his enemies was interesting

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:02 pm

how so hit comes off very bland imo and outside of his mini sec time skip there are several others who literally make him look like a jobber by comparison

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:14 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:02 pm how so hit comes off very bland imo and outside of his mini sec time skip there are several others who literally make him look like a jobber by comparison
That’s why we should spend more time with these characters. I think one of the main issues with Super is that we get these new allies and friendly rivals who then aren’t around in the next arc. After U6 tournament outside of a baseball ep we didn’t see cabba for essentially 40+ episodes. We got a Hit two parter post FT arc but that again was still a huge wait.

Same goes with Jiren. Set up Goku rivalry but now hasn’t been seen in 29 chapters of the manga.
Same goes for broly. Introduced then nothing.

Heck Merus has disappeared again atm. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is absent this entire arc - but that would be disappointing after showcasing his and Goku’s bond. Even though he’s no longer an angel that shouldn’t undo his UI knowledge. He could’ve been Goku’s teacher for it.

We need to spend more time with the characters. The original run of dragonball didn’t abandon these rival characters from focus immediately, even if their strength got usurped quite quickly - I.e Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:22 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:02 pm how so hit comes off very bland imo and outside of his mini sec time skip there are several others who literally make him look like a jobber by comparison
has the best techniques ... has a character development in addition to the most complex fight in the franchise against dyspo considering that most of the fights are repetitive

I personally consider it more interesting than the characters added in the buu arc or android arc

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:22 pm
has the best techniques ... has a character development in addition to the most complex fight in the franchise against dyspo considering that most of the fights are repetitive

I personally consider it more interesting than the characters added in the buu arc or android arc
His fight with Goku in U6 tournament delivered when the anime needed it to after a lacklustre initial two arcs. And a questionable intro fight in U6 arc with botamo.

His fighting style is fresh, and his bunny bashing in ToP was good fun. But in the grand scheme of super he’s been giving so little to do.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 pm

whilst i agree i feel like universe 6 needs more data on it then just watching the new saiyans get new power they didn't train for

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 pm whilst i agree i feel like universe 6 needs more data on it then just watching the new saiyans get new power they didn't train for
That’s why they should train with Vados/Champa

Or have them visit and have them learn from the U7 Saiyans.

We could pit Goku against Vegeta as masters.

Goku training Caulifla and Kale
Vegeta training Cabba

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:34 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:22 pm

whilst i liked his and goku's fight i wouldn't say he has the best techniques his skills comes down to him stopping time or shooting out purple energy pulses those arent really techniques plus his time skip isn't all that impressive when u consider other time users who beat him at his own game like chronoa

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:43 pm

Krillin1994 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 pm
granddragoonknight wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:30 pm whilst i agree i feel like universe 6 needs more data on it then just watching the new saiyans get new power they didn't train for
That’s why they should train with Vados/Champa

Or have them visit and have them learn from the U7 Saiyans.

We could pit Goku against Vegeta as masters.

Goku training Caulifla and Kale
Vegeta training Cabba
it is sincerely what I hope the most

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 am

I personally think Super should have really just been about Universe 6 if at all. I think they shouldn't really do the T.O.P or have Gowasu and Zamasu from Universe 10. I think the story would be more cohesive if it had Goku and Vegeta getting a taste of the other universes through their twin verse.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:54 am

Mad Swami wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 am I personally think Super should have really just been about Universe 6 if at all. I think they shouldn't really do the T.O.P or have Gowasu and Zamasu from Universe 10. I think the story would be more cohesive if it had Goku and Vegeta getting a taste of the other universes through their twin verse.
i would agree sense it would make a lot of sense and if they wanted to do something with future trunks they could retell the buu arc or do the whole time patrol tale

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:20 am

Dragon Ball Heroes give us U6 Tsufuru-jins with Oren and Kamin. They can easily add those two characters for a future storyline if they wanted too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:01 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:20 am Dragon Ball Heroes give us U6 Tsufuru-jins with Oren and Kamin. They can easily add those two characters for a future storyline if they wanted too.
they could