How long would Gogito last if he were canon?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GalaxyBusterBuu
Not-So-Newbie

How long would Gogito last if he were canon?

Post by GalaxyBusterBuu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:35 pm

You know those videos where xenoverse players have Vegito and Gogeta fuse together and make Gogito? I was thinking about if he were canon, how would he last? I'd say five minutes if we're being generous and less if he transforms. Considering how transforming lessens the duration of the fusion, he'd defuse damn near instantly.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: How long would Gogito last if he were canon?

Post by Alruneia » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Yeah, I think that sounds about right. An instant, and then he'd split. Unless he's in base form, like you mentioned.
The fusion timer has always been a bit weird and unruly, though. For the dance fusions, SS3 (Gotenks) cuts the 30-minute fusion down to 5 minutes, but there's no mention of any time loss with SSB (Gogeta) even though it's a "higher form" and it's certainly stronger. For the Potaras, a 1 hour time limit was explicitly stated in the Zamasu arc, and then SSB (Vegito) definitely cut that 60-minute fusion down by a lot by being "too powerful". So does SSB's power cut time for Potara fusions but not for dance fusions? Was Gogeta just built different? What happened? As long as there's holes like that in the logic, it's not gonna be possible to come with any actual "educated" predictions as to what would happen to a hypothetical Gogito. I can only say that he should have his fusion timer reduced by a lot due to how strong he'd be.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:31 pm

Probably like 4 seconds. But that might be enough to win a fight...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:45 pm

The duration of a fusion depends on the plot. If it needs it to be cut short, it will be, if it needs to last a little longer, it will.

Gogeta Blue should not have lasted any longer after he jumps right behind Broly, throws him two big ki attacks, then a rain of more ki blasts, and finally that soul punisher thing-y he does... and he keeps going later with more ultimate ki-based attacks. Gogito should defuse the moment he is born or the second he transforms, even in base he'd be a ticking fission bomb, I doubt he could even try hakai.

If he were to exist in the main continuity, he would last long enough to defeat the bad guy. It'd be lame if he appeared only to defuse immediately.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:58 am

We should get an average between Vegetto & Gogeta's fusion times first: an hour plus thirty minutes divided by two equals 45 minutes. Assuming that two existing fusions cut the time in half by merging a second time, this gives Base Gogetto 22.5 minutes to exist. Once more, assuming that the strongest form cuts the time in half yet again, SSJB Gogetto can only exist for 11.25 minutes. Adding one more assumption on top, we'll say that two SSJB fusions being merged further slices it down by half once more to a total time of 5.625 minutes or about 337 seconds.
Whoever or whatever Gogetto is battling, he'd need to end things as soon as possible. Standing around talking or playing around could easily take up most of his time.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:45 pmIf he were to exist in the main continuity, he would last long enough to defeat the bad guy. It'd be lame if he appeared only to defuse immediately.
Then again, that is the kind of gag Toriyama might write.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147