If Cooler becomes canon, where has he been this whole time?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Murjin
Beyond Newbie

Re: If Cooler becomes canon, where has he been this whole time?

Post by Super Murjin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:59 pm

He challenged Beerus and was banished into a Z Sword before Frieza was born.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:51 am

Cooler is more morally wrong Goku. Cooler went around the universe wanting to challange himself and decided his goal was to beat Beerus.

He doesn't avenge Frieza and Cold because they got themselves killed for being weak and lazy.

Cooler only appears now because of Ultra Instinct the one technique he as been trying to acquire for himself and Goku has it.

Perhaps Cooler wants Whis to train him so he can replace Beerus and thus defeating Goku and Vegeta will one up Frieza at the same time.

Ultra instinct Cooler could be a way to give his 5th form a silver look.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:03 pm

He died and has been resurrected by some of Freeza's men as an evil greater than Freeza himself
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:15 pm

Came with another after some time... hold on!

He was imprisoned in Kaioh's planet, but was freed when it blew up because of Cell.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Jamtia

Post by Jamtia » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:29 am

Good question. Didn't he have his own force patrolling other planets? He could have been on the other side of the galaxy for all we know. As to why he hasn't shown up to avenge his family by now? Maybe he knew he was no match for SS so he spent all of this time training to get even stronger. Kind of like Frieza. Man maybe RoF should have been about Cooler instead!

ZodiacBeast
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodiacBeast » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:12 am

What if Cooler's just kinda hangin' out on some far away planet? Maybe he retired from the family business or wasn't part of it to begin with?

He could be no stronger than Buu saga level (he hasn't gone through the events the Z-Fighters and Frieza have) and just want to be left alone. Imagine Goku, Vegeta and the others having to protect him from Frieza!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:06 pm

Probably locked away by Freeza - who already doesn't want his father around anymore because it would get in the way of him doing what he wants. Maybe it's even the way their family works: the sons battle, whoever loses gets locked away for being "useless" while the other ones inheritates the empire, and it was Freeza. Of course, Coola would have trained a lot while being locked away just to show him who's "useless trash" in the end and who can make the Universe bow down to him.

If Coola does appear, you can bet that Goku and Freeza will fight him together due to a common objective, making an alliance that mimics their popular duo from the Tournament of Power.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:41 am

Exiled by his father, Coola was conquering the West Galaxies

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:06 pm If Coola does appear, you can bet that Goku and Freeza will fight him together due to a common objective, making an alliance that mimics their popular duo from the Tournament of Power.
Freeza got interested in Fusion last movie, so I'd rather have them well.. do that 8)
Sounds like the kind of fanservice that could sell tickets via hype too.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:22 pm
Cold Skin wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:06 pm If Coola does appear, you can bet that Goku and Freeza will fight him together due to a common objective, making an alliance that mimics their popular duo from the Tournament of Power.
Freeza got interested in Fusion last movie, so I'd rather have them well.. do that 8)
I still say a Goku/Freeza fusion would immediately start to beat itself up.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:22 pm
Frieza would rather die than fuse with Goku

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:55 pm

Freeza would rather die than team up with Gokuu and he still did. It'll be interesting to see how Toriyama writes Freeza frlm here on out, though. I want to see him do different things!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Peach wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:37 pmFrieza would rather die than fuse with Goku
Freeza did stand in, as Vegeta put it, a "friendship circle" with the other members of U7 and also donated power to Goku's Genki Dama. Not to mention the suggestive tension he had with Goku when their hands "accidentally" punched each other's guts. Freeza evidently doesn't object to having to cooperate with others now, especially when there is something in it for him; learning a new technique for example.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Cooler would likely flip before Frieza. Atleast Cooler had some pride as a warrior. Frieza is the ultimate bad guy. Yes he helped in the TOP but only because there was something in it for him.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Training to defeat Freeza.