universe 9 warriors

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

granddragoonknight
Banned

universe 9 warriors

Post by granddragoonknight » Sun May 16, 2021 8:06 pm

what do u guys think of the warriors from universe 9

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: universe 9 warriors

Post by pepd » Sun May 16, 2021 8:43 pm

One of the lamest IMO. The trio of wolfs are fine for their minor role tho.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 pm

pepd wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:43 pm One of the lamest IMO. The trio of wolfs are fine for their minor role tho.

whys that

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Sun May 16, 2021 11:53 pm

granddragoonknight wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 pm whys that
They are of the most generic and bland ones. They have nothing special like a twist to the archetype they are based on, or are an element of a group that does. They look like 1000 Atck/Def Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. The trio is at least special as a group and their differences make them feel more unique by contrast.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon May 17, 2021 9:56 am

I liked that cat/wolf girl or whatever she was.

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Mon May 17, 2021 10:30 am

pepd wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:53 pm
granddragoonknight wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 pm whys that
They are of the most generic and bland ones. They have nothing special like a twist to the archetype they are based on, or are an element of a group that does. They look like 1000 Atck/Def Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. The trio is at least special as a group and their differences make them feel more unique by contrast.
oh I see makes sense

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Mon May 17, 2021 11:15 am

precita wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:56 am I liked that cat/wolf girl or whatever she was.
i do too

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Mon May 17, 2021 2:34 pm

I liked the Trio de Dangers, though I think their powers outside of Bergamo weren't great. I would have really loved if they were all some sort of dog/wolf hybrids, as a play on U9 and canine.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm

I liked the whole team in the anime. They each had unique powers and were oddly complimentary for such a dysfunctional universe. Cool designs too!

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the characters and universe as a whole. Do you think the whole universe is animal people?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 17, 2021 4:56 pm

precita wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:56 am I liked that cat/wolf girl or whatever she was.
Hop?

Yeah, probably my favorite design on the team. Wish she got more screen time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Tue May 18, 2021 9:47 am

BWri wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm I liked the whole team in the anime. They each had unique powers and were oddly complimentary for such a dysfunctional universe. Cool designs too!

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the characters and universe as a whole. Do you think the whole universe is animal people?

its possible

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri May 21, 2021 3:20 pm

BWri wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm I liked the whole team in the anime. They each had unique powers and were oddly complimentary for such a dysfunctional universe. Cool designs too!

Well the red skinned guy doesn't appear animal like, so I'm going to assume no, not everyone in U9 is animal like. How did those people in that planet Sidra destroyed before the ToP look again?
I personally like the Steel dragons look. Also the Trio of dangers design, and Hop (Cat girl) and Sorrel (bunny girl) designs are good imo as well

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Absolute zero, Poison, Fire, Spider-Web, Slash, Kicks, Absorb Hurt ....

they can criticize all they want but universe 9 brought variety and strategy to the tournament of power instead of simple ki blast .. or "the nothing" same as its version of the manga

granddragoonknight
Banned

Post by granddragoonknight » Sat May 22, 2021 11:15 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm Absolute zero, Poison, Fire, Spider-Web, Slash, Kicks, Absorb Hurt ....

they can criticize all they want but universe 9 brought variety and strategy to the tournament of power instead of simple ki blast .. or "the nothing" same as its version of the manga
i would agree

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 pm

Too bad Bergamo never used his special ability in the tournament. What a wasted opportunity.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Yo'Goodfella
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yo'Goodfella » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:56 pm

I wonder how Sorrel (bunny girl) would fight. All the U9 fighters have displayed unique, if kinda ineffective techniques against Goku and Vegeta, as expected of what is mostly a grab bag of fighters.

I mean, they were alright, but Roh was so focused on the wrong targets, so of course they were done almost instantly. He was still a good hype man, I think.
Pretty much a guy who has been really late on catching up with Dragonball and Fighterz.

I'm really not an expert on the matter, but I like to think.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 pm Too bad Bergamo never used his special ability in the tournament. What a wasted opportunity.
I wanted a Kaiju fight with him and Piccolo so bad! Or even Bergamo and Super Ribrianne.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 pm

Some of the Best of the ToP Arc! :thumbup:

Honeslty I loved the Lycan theme of the Brothers, the Animal and Classic Movie Monster feel of the team was really cool and I love the Factor that they seem to be the only Full Team that Tried to Fully Work together at one point to beat the other teams, wish that was what more teams did in what was suppose to be a team battle.

Hop the Purple Catgirl I thought had a Great Design and attack style.

I wished we could see the bunny girl Sorrel fight.

The Dragon Man Chappil was Very cool with a cool hardening Power.

The only problem was the like with to many characters in the ToP the underuse of other universe team member not apart of Universe 7.

I liked the team and wished and hoped they had a longer time in the ToP, but for their time they were pretty awesome! :thumbup:

https://www.deviantart.com/dfjonesart/a ... -691916237

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:50 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm Absolute zero, Poison, Fire, Spider-Web, Slash, Kicks, Absorb Hurt ....

I Fully Agree :thumbup: , I fully Loved their varity of Powers and how they used they so well together as a team in good tag teaming with each other, how the ToP IMO SHOULD have been fought, Universe 9 did it well and they felt allot like how the X-Men would work together both in style and powersets!

They should have been award much more and with more time due IMO! :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:56 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 pm Too bad Bergamo never used his special ability in the tournament. What a wasted opportunity.
Yea, it was allot of missed oputunities in the ToP lost in not using is big ablity, would have been very cool to see that used and heck it might have been effects against some of the other teams!
My #1 in DB!